Chippa United Hire Top Goalie Coach To "Help" Daniel Akpeyi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Chippa United Hire Top Goalie Coach To "Help" Daniel Akpeyi

Post by Kabalega »

First Rohr, now Chippa United have recruited goalkeeping experts to help Nigeria out. :thumbs:

Former Uganda Cranes goalkeeper lands ‘juicy’ coaching job in South Africa

11 HOURS AGO
BY DAVID ISABIRYE

Photo Credit: KickOff
Posnett Omony
Former Uganda Cranes goalkeeper Richard Posnett Omony has been appointed goalkeeping coach at South Africa top flight club Chippa United.

Omony’s appointment was confirmed at the start of this week.

Until his latest appointment, Omony has been the goalkeeping coach at Martha Bucks Football Club in the National Development Football (NDF) league.

Over a year ago, Omony became a fully trained and qualified goalkeeping coach having completed with success a goalkeeping course organized by the South Africa Football Association (SAFA).

Omony’s chance to coach a top flight side first knocked four years ago when Black Leopards offered him the opportunity to be retained at the club.

He instead turned down the opportunity as he continued to serve the beautiful in the lower division as a player at Vasco Da Gama and later Roses United.

The former SC Villa goalkeeper was capped 11 times for the national team, Uganda Cranes.

Omony has kept goal for several South African clubs including Bloemfontein Celtic, Black Leopards, Vasco Da Gama and lately Roses United Football Club before he called it quits.

His rich knowledge of goalkeeping affairs in South Africa was one of the sole reasons that management at Chippa United fronted to appoint him goalkeeping coach at the club.

Profile:

Full Names: Richard Omony Posnett
Date of Birth: 7th December 7, 1982
Place of Birth: Kampala, Uganda
Height: 5′ 11″
Former Clubs (Player): Tooro, Sports Club Villa, Police F.C, Bloemfontein Celtic, Black Leopards, Vasco Da Gama, Roses United F.C
Goalkeeping Coach Career: Martha Bucks (2012-2017), Chippa United (20th November 2017 – Todate)
Uganda National team appearances: 11

Source
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chippa United Hire Top Goalie Coach To "Help" Daniel Akp

Post by txj »

This case is now terminal.
STOP.
TRANSMISSION END..........
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

He needs a shrink not a coach...
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Mr Shows wrote:He needs a shrink not a coach...
His movement at the free kicks and defensive organization need serious coaching.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Kabalega wrote:
His movement at the free kicks and defensive organization need serious coaching.
At 31 years of age??
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I wish we could just donate Akpeyi to Uganda. He is surplus to requirements in Nigeria.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I wish we could just donate Akpeyi to Uganda. He is surplus to requirements in Nigeria.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I can list 20 Ugandan goalies off the top of my head, that can walk into the SE and rule the posts.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Mr Shows wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
At 31 years of age??
He is still agile and can give you 2 more World Cups.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Kabalega wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I wish we could just donate Akpeyi to Uganda. He is surplus to requirements in Nigeria.
I can list 20 Ugandan goalies off the top of my head, that can walk into the SE and rule the posts.
How many can match Francis Uzoho of Deportivo La Coruna?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
I don't know where you have been hiding recently but Uganda and Cameroon have production lines of goal keepers.
The only difference is that Cameroon's goalies have better access to good sports scouts.

PS: I intentionally didn't mention the "A" word. So please keep your distance .... :)
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

If that guy can carve out a career as a pro footballer, then there is still hope for me.
Kabalega wrote:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

wiseone wrote:If that guy can carve out a career as a pro footballer, then there is still hope for me.
Kabalega wrote:
Even Emir Kongi will claim that there is still hope for him too. :tic:

Posnett gave Onyango a run for his money. :thumbs:
He actually got to S.A way before Onyango, so wish you luck.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Kabalega wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
I don't know where you have been hiding recently but Uganda and Cameroon have production lines of goal keepers.
The only difference is that Cameroon's goalies have better access to good sports scouts.

PS: I intentionally didn't mention the "A" word. So please keep your distance .... :)
How come agents never spot Ugandan footballers? Do you actually have any player playing his trade in a major European league?

I loved Henry Rono. Ugandans are lovely long distance runners
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

How come agents never spot Ugandan footballers? Do you actually have any player playing his trade in a major European league?

I loved Henry Rono. Ugandans are lovely long distance runners
I'm hoping you know how Cameroon's goalies made it to Europe.
It wasn't easy!

BTW, why do agents have to be involved?
Please stay away from our boys.