Lille coach Bielsa provisionally suspended by club

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg
Lille coach Bielsa provisionally suspended by club

Post by ikemba_nacho »

Looks like Enyeama and other senior players may get their chance really soon, offcourse they will need to be fit one assumes but it seems the Argentine's time has run out

Lille coach Bielsa provisionally suspended by club - statement
Lille coach Marcelo Bielsa has been provisionally suspended by the club, the Ligue 1 side in a statement on Wednesday that gave no further details.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/spo ... nt-9431076

Several outlets are reporting this and we may see Enyeama fighting for a spot real soon
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Lille coach Bielsa provisionally suspended by club

Post by SylverEagles »

Which one be suspended? Why not fire him?
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

He must stay and suffer, the guy go sneak comot in the same suitcase as Oliseh with his tail tucked firmly between his legs. Things have been arranged!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:He must stay and suffer, the guy go sneak comot in the same suitcase as Oliseh with his tail tucked firmly between his legs. Things have been arranged!

I no tell una! They went to Ikot Ekpene! :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

How can you be “provisionally” suspended? Aren’t all suspensions provisional by definition?
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

SylverEagles wrote:Which one be suspended? Why not fire him?
I suspect it may have to do with compensation, they want him to resign so they will pay him less unlike if they sack him. El Loco is known to be very sensitive, so this may be a ploy to force his hand.
I am happy
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:He must stay and suffer, the guy go sneak comot in the same suitcase as Oliseh with his tail tucked firmly between his legs. Things have been arranged!
Chief, I say dem don com-o! They really went to Ikot Ekpene
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:
Chief, I say dem don com-o! They really went to Ikot Ekpene, kai
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

According to reports from France, he was suspended for gross misconduct and he will face a tribunal within 5 days after which he is expected to be fired.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

It is getting more interesting

bielsa suspended Marcelo Bielsa suspended by Lille ‘for visiting former Chile assistant Luis Bonini who has stomach cancer’ without club’s permission

French side are battling relegation in Ligue 1 this season
By Andrew Richardson
22nd November 2017, 11:15 pm
Updated: 22nd November 2017, 11:15 pm

LILLE confirm they have provisionally suspended manager Marcelo Bielsa "pending an investigation".

The 2010-11 Ligue 1 champions are fighting a surprise relegation battle this season — and the notorious Argentinian boss is fighting to save his job.
Marcelo Bielsa has been suspended by Lille, pending an investigation
Marcelo Bielsa returned to Chile to visit cancer-stricken former assistant

However, it has emerged he travelled to Chile to visit his former assistant Luis Bonini, who is battling stomach cancer, without the club's permission.

And is reportedly the reason for the suspension — though it has not been officially confirmed.

Bielsa was Chile manager from 2007 to 2011.

His former assistant Bonini is reported to be under heavy sedation and another of Bielsa's former assistants Gabriel Aravena is quoted as saying: "He is closer to God than us right now."
Marcelo Bielsa led Athletic Bilbao to win at Old Trafford in Europa League in 2012.

Bielsa — nicknamed El Loco (The Crazy One) — is well-known for his flamboyant style of management.

Pep Guardiola once labelled him the "best manager in the world", while also crediting him as his tactical inspiration.

The Argentine led Athletic Bilbao to the 2011-12 Europa League final — impressively knocking out Manchester United en route.

While he was manager of the Argentina side which knocked England out of the 1998 World Cup — and lost 1-0 in the 2002 group stage.

In 2016, following a season with Marseille, he was named Lazio manager.

However, he stepped down after just one day before Lille hired him in the summer.
Lille pays tribute to fans injured in stand accident before Ligue 1 fixture against Troyes

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ch-cancer/
I am happy
Chxta
Egg
Egg

Post by Chxta »

If that is really the reason for suspending him, then they have done something mean.
Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

It's tough being a genius.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

He will call time soon enough. Bielsa has given the game and the game is now taking away. He will step aside and watch the procession of the new.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

They suspended the coach and might fire him because "he travelled to Chile to visit his former assistant Luis Bonini, who is battling stomach cancer, without the club's permission?" That's all? Assuming the reason for the suspension is true as stated in the article, I think the club want to fire him because they are not doing good. However, the club management better be careful else the action will "backfire" on them - sooner or later.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Enyeama should stop slicing okras :taunt: and move to a training field near UYo :biggrin:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Dammy wrote:It is getting more interesting

bielsa suspended Marcelo Bielsa suspended by Lille ‘for visiting former Chile assistant Luis Bonini who has stomach cancer’ without club’s permission

French side are battling relegation in Ligue 1 this season
By Andrew Richardson
22nd November 2017, 11:15 pm
Updated: 22nd November 2017, 11:15 pm

LILLE confirm they have provisionally suspended manager Marcelo Bielsa "pending an investigation".

The 2010-11 Ligue 1 champions are fighting a surprise relegation battle this season — and the notorious Argentinian boss is fighting to save his job.
Marcelo Bielsa has been suspended by Lille, pending an investigation
Marcelo Bielsa returned to Chile to visit cancer-stricken former assistant

However, it has emerged he travelled to Chile to visit his former assistant Luis Bonini, who is battling stomach cancer, without the club's permission.

And is reportedly the reason for the suspension — though it has not been officially confirmed.

Bielsa was Chile manager from 2007 to 2011.

His former assistant Bonini is reported to be under heavy sedation and another of Bielsa's former assistants Gabriel Aravena is quoted as saying: "He is closer to God than us right now."
Marcelo Bielsa led Athletic Bilbao to win at Old Trafford in Europa League in 2012.

Bielsa — nicknamed El Loco (The Crazy One) — is well-known for his flamboyant style of management.

Pep Guardiola once labelled him the "best manager in the world", while also crediting him as his tactical inspiration.

The Argentine led Athletic Bilbao to the 2011-12 Europa League final — impressively knocking out Manchester United en route.

While he was manager of the Argentina side which knocked England out of the 1998 World Cup — and lost 1-0 in the 2002 group stage.

In 2016, following a season with Marseille, he was named Lazio manager.

However, he stepped down after just one day before Lille hired him in the summer.
Lille pays tribute to fans injured in stand accident before Ligue 1 fixture against Troyes

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ch-cancer/
He didn't manage the 1998 world cup team. That was Daniel Passarella's team.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Odas wrote:They suspended the coach and might fire him because "he travelled to Chile to visit his former assistant Luis Bonini, who is battling stomach cancer, without the club's permission?" That's all? Assuming the reason for the suspension is true as stated in the article, I think the club want to fire him because they are not doing good. However, the club management better be careful else the action will "backfire" on them - sooner or later.
It will be weird to sack him now because they have won two of their last three games....the team was starting to do better....they should have sacked him before the team's performance improved though coz overall their season has been $#%.