One look at this video will answer all your keeper worries

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
One look at this video will answer all your keeper worries

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

(1) It shows you the extensive training major leagues put their goalkeepers through
(2) They practise everything including using plastic mats with water on them
(3) They even have dummies in place to deflect shots to test the keepers reflexes
(4) I remember when Vince Enyeama went for training at Bolton and Charlton after winning the African Champions League with Enyimba. He said he learnt more in those two weeks than he did in five years at Enyimba
(5) Goalkeeping is the most technical position on the pitch. Sheer talent will only get you so far
(6) Only an enemy of Nigeria would suggest going to the World Cup with an untrained goalkeeper
(7) Now, this is the kind of training Francis Uzoho will get at Deportivo La Coruna daily
(8) Daniel Akpeyi and Ikechukwu Ezenwa are two classes below this with regards to the type of training they get
(9) How to line up your wall, how to position your hands for set pieces, how deep to get your defenders to sit, etc are all things that only the likes on Enyeama, Uzoho, Alampasu and maybe Aiyenugba would have been taught
(10) At some stage, we need to establish a goalkeeping academy in Nigeria, so the clubs can take it on from there. We cannot be a serious footballing nation without proper goalkeeping training
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: One look at this video will answer all your keeper worri

Post by jette1 »

was Enyemagnet put through that type of training at Enyimba

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

(1) It shows you the extensive training major leagues put their goalkeepers through
(3) They even have dummies in place to deflect shots to test the keepers reflexes
(4) I remember when Vince Enyeama went for training at Bolton and Charlton after winning the African Champions League with Enyimba. He said he learnt more in those two weeks than he did in five years at Enyimba
(5) Goalkeeping is the most technical position on the pitch. Sheer talent will only get you so far
(6) Only an enemy of Nigeria would suggest going to the World Cup with an untrained goalkeeper
(7) Now, this is the kind of training Francis Uzoho will get at Deportivo La Coruna daily
(8) Daniel Akpeyi and Ikechukwu Ezenwa are two classes below this with regards to the type of training they get
(9) How to line up your wall, how to position your hands for set pieces, how deep to get your defenders to sit, etc are all things that only the likes on Enyeama, Uzoho, Alampasu and maybe Aiyenugba would have been taught
(10) At some stage, we need to establish a goalkeeping academy in Nigeria, so the clubs can take it on from there. We cannot be a serious footballing nation without proper goalkeeping training
(11) And how to throw the ball into your own net are things the likes of Ejide can only get abroad... :roll:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

jette1 wrote:was Enyemagnet put through that type of training at Enyimba

Never. The facilities were just not there. I suspect things may have improved a bit now
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

(11) And how to throw the ball into your own net are things the likes of Ejide can only get abroad... :roll:
True,an !diôt abroad is an ïdïôt in goal simple!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

He wasn't at Enyimba at this time. He was in Isreal.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

These same untrained keepers got us the WC ticket while dozens of trained ones will stay home. Please respect the guys that got us this far and stop projecting this inferiority complex. The concept of team is important, we saw that against Argentina, when a group of guys band together and work to overcome the mistakes of the other guy with determination to overturn the situation. This is way more important in a team than where the training curriculum came from. There are lots of Nigerian trained professionals all over the world making their mark, why not goalkeepers?? Besides don't we also have an experienced goalkeeper trainer Pionetti working with our guys? That's how we got this far. How come Alampasu with all the potential and years of superior curriculum can't displace Ezenwa and Akpeyi in the SE?

If we need to, we can send Ezenwa, Ajiboye, Akpeyi etc. on a course or beef up Enrico Pionetti's curriculum. That would be the way to go not discard them.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

felarey wrote:These same untrained keepers got us the WC ticket while dozens of trained ones will stay home. Please respect the guys that got us this far and stop projecting this inferiority complex. The concept of team is important, we saw that against Argentina, when a group of guys band together and work to overcome the mistakes of the other guy with determination to overturn the situation. This is way more important in a team than where the training curriculum came from. There are lots of Nigerian trained professionals all over the world making their mark, why not goalkeepers?? Besides don't we also have an experienced goalkeeper trainer Pionetti working with our guys? That's how we got this far. How come Alampasu with all the potential and years of superior curriculum can't displace Ezenwa and Akpeyi in the SE?

If we need to, we can send Ezenwa, Ajiboye, Akpeyi etc. on a course or beef up Enrico Pionetti's curriculum. That would be the way to go not discard them.
We are not going to face Swaziland, Cameroon, Zambia and Algeria at the World Cup. It is naive in the extreme to think you can play the likes of Ezenwa or Akpeyi against Brazil, Germany or Spain.

At some stage, I am going to stop participating in goalkeeper threads because the matter has long been resolved. Francis Uzoho is our number one. End of story!

As per Alampasu, I do not trust Rohr was being totally fair to him. As we have seen with Tyronne Ebuehi, you may be the best but still get overlooked!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
felarey wrote:These same untrained keepers got us the WC ticket while dozens of trained ones will stay home. Please respect the guys that got us this far and stop projecting this inferiority complex. The concept of team is important, we saw that against Argentina, when a group of guys band together and work to overcome the mistakes of the other guy with determination to overturn the situation. This is way more important in a team than where the training curriculum came from. There are lots of Nigerian trained professionals all over the world making their mark, why not goalkeepers?? Besides don't we also have an experienced goalkeeper trainer Pionetti working with our guys? That's how we got this far. How come Alampasu with all the potential and years of superior curriculum can't displace Ezenwa and Akpeyi in the SE?

We are not going to face Swaziland, Cameroon, Zambia and Algeria at the World Cup. It is naive in the extreme to think you can play the likes of Ezenwa or Akpeyi against Brazil, Germany or Spain.

At some stage, I am going to stop participating in goalkeeper threads because the matter has long been resolved. Francis Uzoho is our number one. End of story!

As per Alampasu, I do not trust Rohr was being totally fair to him. As we have seen with Tyronne Ebuehi, you may be the best but still get overlooked!
...then why didn't you all insist Ezenwa and co not be between the sticks during qualification?
Should have protested to high places, go drag Ikeme out of the hospital, bring in Enyeama even when he is screaming 'no mas!' or go to a bar and find Rufai like in 1998.
In Nigeria we don't think forward, we think backward, more reason you have the likes of a gaunt fool as president, and many that ran the country since the 1960s still around today being praised.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
...those were innovations from very innovative coaches and administration supporting them. Where are ours in Nigeria FA who fail to pay goal keeper coaches?
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Sad but true, Rohr may just be clueless of Alampasu's ability, Rohr should be made to explain why he left ebuehi in the bench for so long.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

For me, this goalkeeping debate is redundant. I am not the national team coach but were I, this would be my final ruling on the matter:

[1] Francis Uzoho
He would be my number choice goalkeeper without a doubt. Uzoho gets exposed to the best training facilities at Deportivo la Coruna and despite his tender age, the team has seen it fit to feature him in la Liga games. Now, Deportivo La Coruna rotate their four goalkeepers, who incidentally include Romania's national team goalkeeper Costel Pantilimon and Przemyslaw Tyton, the Polish international. For Uzoho to be given a starting short despite being in the country of such experienced and ilustrious keepers is testimony to his quality.

Given the fact that he will not a full compliment of games over the course of the season, I would actually love it if Uzoho went out o loan somewhere else in La Liga for the erst of the season so he can get regular and consistent playing time. Even if he does not, he is head and shoulders above any other Nigerian goalkeeper at the moment.

[2] Dele Aiyenugha
Despite not playing for the national team since 2011, Dele Aiyenugba has remained a top class goalkeeper by any standards. Currently playing with Hapoel Ashkelon of Israel, he sees action week-in-week-out and has remained fit and match-ready.

Aged 34, Dele has bags of experience under his belt and if we are looking for a safe pair of hands to be our number two in Russia, I would take Dele. He is not a long term option but at least he will suffice for the 2018 World Cup, after whioch we can return to looking at the younger goalkeepers on offer.

[3] Dele Alampasu
Voted the best goalkeeper at the 2013 U17 World Cup, Dele looked set to conquer the world but unfortunately, his career has not taken of as we all expected. Despite his inactivity for Portuguese side Feirense, Dele remains supremely talented and is exposed to some of the best training available in the game. he certainly gets a lot more exposure than the likes of Daniel Akpeyi and Ikechukwu Ezenwa.

I take the view that Dele will still come good with time as talent will eventually shine through and given his tender age of 20, I can see him becoming a household name over the next four years. Nigeria should persevere with him and take him to the World Cup for exposure. He will learn a lot from the experience.

Ladies and gentlemen, for me this is where the matter ends and begins. I would not even give it another mention as it is now becoming an unnecessary distraction. Now, who would be my standby goalkeeper? Maybe Akpan Udoh, another young goalkeeper, who can also learn a lot from the experience.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Adisboy wrote:

I know the Ayo guy missed the point of the question; Eyemagnet was good despite not haven been exposed to the kind of goal keeper trainings he points out as the sinequanon of goalkeeping

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

jette1 wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

I know the Ayo guy missed the point of the question; Eyemagnet was good despite not haven been exposed to the kind of goal keeper trainings he points out as the sinequanon of goalkeeping

?????????????In 2010, Vincent was in Israel where he was receiving good training, hence his ability to deliver that kind of performance.
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

?????????????In 2010, Vincent was in Israel where he was receiving good training, hence his ability to deliver that kind of performance.
Let me remind you, he was your so-called "Yamayama" before the Israeli club. He knew absolutely nothing about goalkeeping when he was a back-to-back CAF Champions' League winner with Enyimba. As a matter of fact, we never heard of his feats until he got to Israel and received their "superior" training. Indeed, the lot of Israeli clubs have such marvelous performance track records in European competitions, all due to their arrays of superstar goalkeepers! And all the good things about Enyeama started out of Israel; he was a nobody while in Africa. Your proclivity for hogwash is simply without limits! SMH :shock:
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

9jaMan wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:As per Alampasu, I do not trust Rohr was being totally fair to him. As we have seen with Tyronne Ebuehi, you may be the best but still get overlooked!
Sad but true, Rohr may just be clueless of Alampasu's ability, Rohr should be made to explain why he left ebuehi in the bench for so long.
You do realize that Ebuehi has played in TWO SE games under Rohr before the Argentina game?! :blink:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

my friend you are more naive than I thought. Israel is not exactly where anyone goes to get first class training in anything except how to build a wall. Israel - trust me is worse than any of the so called third world nations. Our players who go there are usually uniformed before they arrive and often have no choice but make the best of their situation. Enyeama was already great before he set foot in israel

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

jette1 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

my friend Israel is not exactly where anyone goes to get first class training in anything except how to build a wall. Israel - trust me is worse than any of the so called third world nations. Our players who go there are usually uniformed before they arrive and often have no choice but make the best of their situation.
Vince, Aiyenugba and Ejide will all tell you that their goalkeeping improved immensely following their moves to Israel. Just look at the way they flapped at crosses while still in Nigeria.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:For me, this goalkeeping debate is redundant. I am not the national team coach but were I, this would be my final ruling on the matter:

[1] Francis Uzoho
He would be my number choice goalkeeper without a doubt. Uzoho gets exposed to the best training facilities at Deportivo la Coruna and despite his tender age, the team has seen it fit to feature him in la Liga games. Now, Deportivo La Coruna rotate their four goalkeepers, who incidentally include Romania's national team goalkeeper Costel Pantilimon and Przemyslaw Tyton, the Polish international. For Uzoho to be given a starting short despite being in the country of such experienced and ilustrious keepers is testimony to his quality.

Given the fact that he will not a full compliment of games over the course of the season, I would actually love it if Uzoho went out o loan somewhere else in La Liga for the erst of the season so he can get regular and consistent playing time. Even if he does not, he is head and shoulders above any other Nigerian goalkeeper at the moment.

[2] Dele Aiyenugha
Despite not playing for the national team since 2011, Dele Aiyenugba has remained a top class goalkeeper by any standards. Currently playing with Hapoel Ashkelon of Israel, he sees action week-in-week-out and has remained fit and match-ready.

Aged 34, Dele has bags of experience under his belt and if we are looking for a safe pair of hands to be our number two in Russia, I would take Dele. He is not a long term option but at least he will suffice for the 2018 World Cup, after whioch we can return to looking at the younger goalkeepers on offer.

[3] Dele Alampasu
Voted the best goalkeeper at the 2013 U17 World Cup, Dele looked set to conquer the world but unfortunately, his career has not taken of as we all expected. Despite his inactivity for Portuguese side Feirense, Dele remains supremely talented and is exposed to some of the best training available in the game. he certainly gets a lot more exposure than the likes of Daniel Akpeyi and Ikechukwu Ezenwa.

I take the view that Dele will still come good with time as talent will eventually shine through and given his tender age of 20, I can see him becoming a household name over the next four years. Nigeria should persevere with him and take him to the World Cup for exposure. He will learn a lot from the experience.

Ladies and gentlemen, for me this is where the matter ends and begins. I would not even give it another mention as it is now becoming an unnecessary distraction. Now, who would be my standby goalkeeper? Maybe Akpan Udoh, another young goalkeeper, who can also learn a lot from the experience.
Why are there only 3 numbers here? Post the other 7 and be sure to show your work with those 7 too.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ayo, these are naija guys playing football not swimming or Ice Hockey. We know this game. Many teams will get shown up by Brazil, Germany and Spain with or without goalkeepers trained abroad. Interesting that Uzoho is the anointed one after only 45 mins and one save. Rohr has his ways and his record so far speaks for him. He gets credit for Ebuehi including the leg work to get him into the team. Alampasu has been in camp but didn't get the nod. Btw, didn't he lose out in the junior ranks too? Ezenwa and Akpeyi are not the only local goalies that have picked a spot ahead of him.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

platinum wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:For me, this goalkeeping debate is redundant. I am not the national team coach but were I, this would be my final ruling on the matter:

[1] Francis Uzoho

[2] Dele Aiyenugha

[3] Dele Alampasu

Why are there only 3 numbers here? Post the other 7 and be sure to show your work with those 7 too.
Lol