JoachimLow-Morocco are the tough team in Africa, not Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Synopsis
Egg
Egg
JoachimLow-Morocco are the tough team in Africa, not Nigeria

Post by Synopsis »

Coach of the reigning World Cup champions Joachim Low has shared his expectations ahead of the defence of the crown they won three years ago in Brazil.

Germany will be in action in the World Cup 2018 in Russia and Joachim Low while speaking on their chances and options available to him ahead of the championship also shed lights on teams he expects to do well at the World Cup.

”We know some very good teams from all over the World are coming, like in Africa Morocco did well in the qualifying series and they will be the team most people would be expecting to pull surprises from Africa”, he said while discussing potential giant killers in Russia next year.

Although Nigeria was the first African nation to qualify for the World Cup, Morocco just like Nigeria stayed undefeated throughout the series but unlike Nigeria, they didn’t concede a single goal.

Under the guidance of respected Coach Herve Reinard, Morocco is viewed by many as the best team coming from Africa although Nigeria, Senegal and Egypt are usually mentioned in same breath.

Herve Reinard Renard has fulfilled his previous mandates as Atlas Lions boss by qualifying and reaching the 2017 Cup of Nations quarterfinals, as well as sealing a place at next year’s World Cup in Russia.

Renard led Ivory Coast to the Africa Cup of Nations title in 2015, three years after winning it with Zambia.

After his Nations Cup victory with the Elephants, he left to take over at French club Lille in May but was sacked just a few months later.

http://www.brila.net/morocco-top-team-a ... achim-low/
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: JoachimLow-Morocco are the tough team in Africa, not Nig

Post by Enugu II »

TBH, he has a point even though I think we are better. I state this because I have watched Morocco grow from the AFCON to now. It is a team that is very strong. The win in Abidjan was no fluke. They were better than Ivory Coast!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enugu II wrote:TBH, he has a point even though I think we are better. I state this because I have watched Morocco grow from the AFCON to now. It is a team that is very strong. The win in Abidjan was no fluke. They were better than Ivory Coast!

The headline has been sensationalised for effect but it is all well and good. What he actually said is that Morocco is good because they did not concede any goal in qualification.

Nowhere did he even mention Nigeria. However, it is all well and good as these things will make us sit up.

Enugu II, did you notice that all the goals we conceded were due to individual errors:

Ndola - Omeruo
Uyo - Etebo
Yaounde - Ezenwa
Constantine - Abdullahi
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

wow so Ivory Coast could not score one consolation goal home or away against Morocco ? With all their Zaha from the EPL!!!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Enugu II wrote:TBH, he has a point even though I think we are better. I state this because I have watched Morocco grow from the AFCON to now. It is a team that is very strong. The win in Abidjan was no fluke. They were better than Ivory Coast!
Morocco is just like every other Renard NT. Disciplined and organized at the back and full of balance.

You should also consider the fact that CIV was piss poor and Renard had inside knowledge of them (CIV).

The World Cup is all about balanced teams, so Naija, which is top heavy will struggle to make it past the halfway point.
Rohr still has time to balance things out though.
No wonder he is traversing Germany for defenders.

He needs quality goalies to boot!
The current crop don't cut it.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

Fair assessment. But your Ivory Coast example was not a proper fit, the Ivorians were not smart footballers on that day.

Goldenera94
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

Flex Swift wrote:wow so Ivory Coast could not score one consolation goal home or away against Morocco ? With all their Zaha from the EPL!!!!

Well Ivory Coast had opportunities in the beginning except for that ex arsenal player to balloon the one on one with keeper couple of times before Morocco settled into the game.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Synopsis wrote:Image

Coach of the reigning World Cup champions Joachim Low has shared his expectations ahead of the defence of the crown they won three years ago in Brazil.

Germany will be in action in the World Cup 2018 in Russia and Joachim Low while speaking on their chances and options available to him ahead of the championship also shed lights on teams he expects to do well at the World Cup.

”We know some very good teams from all over the World are coming, like in Africa Morocco did well in the qualifying series and they will be the team most people would be expecting to pull surprises from Africa”, he said while discussing potential giant killers in Russia next year.

Although Nigeria was the first African nation to qualify for the World Cup, Morocco just like Nigeria stayed undefeated throughout the series but unlike Nigeria, they didn’t concede a single goal.

Under the guidance of respected Coach Herve Reinard, Morocco is viewed by many as the best team coming from Africa although Nigeria, Senegal and Egypt are usually mentioned in same breath.

Herve Reinard Renard has fulfilled his previous mandates as Atlas Lions boss by qualifying and reaching the 2017 Cup of Nations quarterfinals, as well as sealing a place at next year’s World Cup in Russia.

Renard led Ivory Coast to the Africa Cup of Nations title in 2015, three years after winning it with Zambia.

After his Nations Cup victory with the Elephants, he left to take over at French club Lille in May but was sacked just a few months later.

http://www.brila.net/morocco-top-team-a ... achim-low/
Hmm, going by coach Herve's record, he is way better than I thought :clap: :clap: :clap: . There was a time he wanted to be our coach and I forgot what happened which made the move to fail. Anyway, good for him and Morocco and good luck to all African teams in Russia.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
The headline has been sensationalised for effect but it is all well and good. What he actually said is that Morocco is good because they did not concede any goal in qualification.

Nowhere did he even mention Nigeria. However, it is all well and good as these things will make us sit up.

Enugu II, did you notice that all the goals we conceded were due to individual errors:

Ndola - Omeruo
Uyo - Etebo
Yaounde - Ezenwa
Constantine - Abdullahi
Chief Ayo, I see your point and understand it in full; however, like in all team sports, it matters not who made us concede goal(s). By that, I mean why was there no such error(s) in the Morocco's team? From your record, the errors we made wasn't from one particular player
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Kabalega wrote:
Morocco is just like every other Renard NT. Disciplined and organized at the back and full of balance.

You should also consider the fact that CIV was piss poor and Renard had inside knowledge of them (CIV).

The World Cup is all about balanced teams, so Naija, which is top heavy will struggle to make it past the halfway point.

Its funny how everyone always has their own agenda and tries to force facts to fit their agenda. Reading this, one would forget that over the last few months, one of the praise Rohr has gotten has been the defensive solidity of Nigeria.

By the way, how do you know ROhr is "traversing Germany for defenders?" He told you this during sex? or you read it on owngoal from the invisible Roland Mark? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Please, take a sit somewhere. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Who cares what that nasty man thinks. Watching him on tv makes me want to throw up.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

What we need more than anything else at the moment is this playmaking ability:

With the recent introduction of Uzoho, Ebuehi, Idowu and the recovery of Joel Obi, I think everything else is in place. I hope Odion Ighalo also hits his 2016 form and everyone else stays injury-free.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:What we need more than anything else at the moment is this playmaking ability:

With the recent introduction of Uzoho, Ebuehi, Idowu and the recovery of Joel Obi, I think everything else is in place. I hope Odion Ighalo also hits his 2016 form and everyone else stays injury-free.
I think this was out biggest problem in the qualifiers -- lack of good and in form wing backs. Like I always said, your defense is as good as your wing backs. Having poor wing backs will just collapse your defense. Look at Man United yesterday and how the horrendous Blind and Darmian collapsed their defense.

May God never let us see the days of Ambrose or/and Echiejile again! amen!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:What we need more than anything else at the moment is this playmaking ability:

I think this was out biggest problem in the qualifiers -- lack of good and in form wing backs. Like I always said, your defense is as good as your wing backs. Having poor wing backs will just collapse your defense. Look at Man United yesterday and how the horrendous Blind and Darmian collapsed their defense.

Had Rohr not made those halftime changes in Russia, Argentina would have run away with that match. Anyway, I never react to personal attacks on CE. When you tell people what it going on, they attribute it to all sorts.

After a few good performances, everyone here was chanting Shehu Abdullahi saying he has the right back position locked down. When I urged caution, some people resorted to name calling. Anyway, we are not yet there. i would like to see Idowu in particular tested against a world class winger to see if he can reach the heights of Babayaro for instance.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Had Rohr not made those halftime changes in Russia, Argentina would have run away with that match. Anyway, I never react to personal attacks on CE. When you tell people what it going on, they attribute it to all sorts.
I have analyzed the match twice, and this is actually untrue.
After a few good performances, everyone here was chanting Shehu Abdullahi saying he has the right back position locked down. When I urged caution, some people resorted to name calling. Anyway, we are not yet there. i would like to see Idowu in particular tested against a world class winger to see if he can reach the heights of Babayaro for instance.
Shehu remains the starter for me. Ebuehis fantastic performance does not change that. I have watched football long enough not to be swayed by a little wind blowing in the opposite direction. You dont chop and change teams based on half a match! Like I said, i have never been a supporter of the childish and ill-informed Nigerian obsession with "elimination by substitution, which was made famous by Onigbinde.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

So football powerhouse is no longer in West Africa.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Spot on. The GK (2 utter bobbins GKs and hanging hopes on untested 18yo rookie) and defensive (lack of pace) positions are Nigeria's weakest links. If they can get all their midfielders and attackers fit though, they could do well.
Kabalega wrote: The World Cup is all about balanced teams, so Naija, which is top heavy will struggle to make it past the halfway point.

aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

Was he high on the stench of his armpit when he said that
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote:So football powerhouse is no longer in West Africa.
lol. dude! A white man made a comment. jeeeezzzzzz!! This aint the 1800s bro. A white man making a comment doesnt create laws and policies. It simply the opinion of a white man.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Shehu remains the starter for me. Ebuehis fantastic performance does not change that. I have watched football long enough not to be swayed by a little wind blowing in the opposite direction. You dont chop and change teams based on half a match! Like I said, i have never been a supporter of the childish and ill-informed Nigerian obsession with "elimination by substitution, which was made famous by Onigbinde.

To be honest, Rohr showed extreme cowardice during the qualifiers. Many of these players who are being tried now should have had a few matches during qualification.

Did you not see how brave Switzerland's coach was, giving Denis Zakaria his debut in their play-off with Northern Ireland and handing Manuel Akanji his first competitive and third cap in a must-win game? Nothing stopped Rohr being as brave as this.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

To be honest, Rohr showed extreme cowardice during the qualifiers. Many of these players who are being tried now should have had a few matches during qualification.

Did you not see how brave Switzerland's coach was, giving Denis Zakaria his debut in their play-off with Northern Ireland and handing Manuel Akanji his first competitive and third cap in a must-win game? Nothing stopped Rohr being as brave as this.
On one hand you have an organized Swiss Fa and on the other you have an FA that may fire him if he loses a game. Enough said.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

But Ivory Coast is no longer a top side in Africa. No one fears them without Drogba, Yaya and Bony.

We beat the African champions Cameroon.

I disagree, Morocco is not better or tougher than Nigeria. Nigeria fluid counter attack football will dismantle Morocco. We just have to work on our defense and goalkeeping.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Nigeria is not at the world cup to compete with Morocco. He can praise Morocco all he wants, but all I know is that any so-called top team that draws Nigeria better pack lunch that day we'll meet....cause it'll be a long day!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.