Ighalo on the Move?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ighalo on the Move?

Post by Dammy »

Stoke City, Everton interested in signing Odion Ighalo?
Stoke City, Everton interested in Ighalo?
© Getty Images
By Jonny Whitfield
Filed: Thursday, November 23, 2017 at 16:13 UK
Last Updated: Thursday, November 23, 2017 at 17:38 UK

Four Premier League clubs including Stoke City and Everton are allegedly interested in signing former Watford striker Odion Ighalo.

This WC season is going to be interesting for Nigerian players, Ujah is on the brink of going back to the Bundesliga with Hoffenheim, Shehu has serious offers from EPL, Spain and Germany. Ighalo is the latest to be on the radar of EPL clubs.

The Stoke Sentinel reports that the Potters are the current frontrunners for the Nigerian's signature, with Southampton and West Ham United also taking notice.

Ighalo was part of the Hornets team that earned promotion to the Premier League in 2015, and formed a fruitful partnership in the top flight with fellow forward Troy Deeney, scoring 15 times in his first season.

The 28-year-old moved to Chinese side Changchun Yatai last season, however, after scoring only one goal in 17 appearances, and the report says that Stoke are now keen on securing Ighalo an English return.

Everton, who lost Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United in the summer, attempted to sign Olivier Giroud from Arsenal to improve their goalscoring potential, but the Toffees have since relied on the services of Senegalese forward Oumar Niasse.
https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/s ... 12537.html
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ighalo on the Move?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Great news. He needs the competition to keep him sharp for the World Cup.

I would forget about Ujah. He is not good enough in my opinion.

I would question the story about Shehu Abdullahi having serious offers from the English Premiership. Experience has shown us that Premiership teams generally want fullbacks who are great crossers of the ball like Celestine Babayaro. Shehu is simply not of that quality.
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

He was on Channels TV Sports two nights ago and said he would happily return to the EPL "If the offer is right".
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: This WC season is going to be interesting for Nigerian players, Ujah is on the brink of going back to the Bundesliga with Hoffenheim, Shehu has serious offers from EPL, Spain and Germany. Ighalo is the latest to be on the radar of EPL clubs.
:source:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Dammy wrote:Stoke City, Everton interested in signing Odion Ighalo?
© Getty Images
By Jonny Whitfield

Four Premier League clubs including Stoke City and Everton are allegedly interested in signing former Watford striker Odion Ighalo.

This WC season is going to be interesting for Nigerian players, Ujah is on the brink of going back to the Bundesliga with Hoffenheim, Shehu has serious offers from EPL, Spain and Germany. Ighalo is the latest to be on the radar of EPL clubs.

The Stoke Sentinel reports that the Potters are the current frontrunners for the Nigerian's signature, with Southampton and West Ham United also taking notice.

Ighalo was part of the Hornets team that earned promotion to the Premier League in 2015, and formed a fruitful partnership in the top flight with fellow forward Troy Deeney, scoring 15 times in his first season.

The 28-year-old moved to Chinese side Changchun Yatai last season, however, after scoring only one goal in 17 appearances, and the report says that Stoke are now keen on securing Ighalo an English return.

Everton, who lost Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United in the summer, attempted to sign Olivier Giroud from Arsenal to improve their goalscoring potential, but the Toffees have since relied on the services of Senegalese forward Oumar Niasse.
Chief, can you please edit your post and insert the URL? Thanks.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

What perplexed me is why did Ighalo have such a torrid time in China? Why only one goal during the season?
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:What perplexed me is why did Ighalo have such a torrid time in China? Why only one goal during the season?
Wrong: This season finished Ighalo scored 15 goals from 26 games.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Adisboy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:What perplexed me is why did Ighalo have such a torrid time in China? Why only one goal during the season?
:lol: That's CE Contributing Editor.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Cellular wrote:
© Getty Images
By Jonny Whitfield

I tried to post the link several times but it did not work. Like the report says it is copied from The Stoke Sentinel.
I am happy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Don't go to Everton, that is a bad move.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Only one worth considering is Southampton. The other teams are total junk and relegation bound.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mark Hughes says he is not interested in Ighalo: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/fo ... alo-825184
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

See the full gist: https://goo.gl/soESdw
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The YeyeMan wrote:Only one worth considering is Southampton. The other teams are total junk and relegation bound.

He should go to Real Madrid :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Dammy wrote:
Cellular wrote:
© Getty Images
By Jonny Whitfield

I tried to post the link several times but it did not work. Like the report says it is copied from The Stoke Sentinel.
https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/s ... 12537.html
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
:lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

mystic wrote:https://youtu.be/d5ef3YQlprE

https://youtu.be/x8d7-5gSkIM

https://youtu.be/O_q0P0epQeQ

Links to 3 part Ighalo interview on Channels sports.
I love that sport anchor for channels tv he knows how to flatter his guest in a typically funny Nigeria way. Very good interview
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

metalalloy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
:lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Only one worth considering is Southampton. The other teams are total junk and relegation bound.

He should go to Real Madrid :roll:
You should join him there. I'll buy you a one-way ticket.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote: This WC season is going to be interesting for Nigerian players, Ujah is on the brink of going back to the Bundesliga with Hoffenheim, Shehu has serious offers from EPL, Spain and Germany. Ighalo is the latest to be on the radar of EPL clubs.
:source:
Is this another one of those MBA type hype of offers pouring in after he helped win Cup of nations
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

mystic wrote:https://youtu.be/d5ef3YQlprE

https://youtu.be/x8d7-5gSkIM

https://youtu.be/O_q0P0epQeQ

Links to 3 part Ighalo interview on Channels sports.

Was Ighalo trying to say Onyibo na Onyibo is a cunny cunny way?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Must you lie?Na do the do you senior uncle?
He has 15 goals