Zidane

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Zidane

Post by john12 »

One of the greatest ever footballer to play the game. He had elegant touch, intelligence etc but how come this man was exonerated for his “dirty habit” I just watched a video complication of Zidane receiving 13 red cards in his career and most of it was because of hot temper. This life is unfair certain players get treated differently than others. The media seem to pick and choose who to target. Long live Zidane a legend but was still a dirty player. Now, I don’t feel bad anymore after that Materazzi incident
goldenera94
Egg
Egg
Re: Zidane

Post by goldenera94 »

Arabs with temper tantrum. It is in their DNA.
Goldenera94
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

goldenera94 wrote:Arabs with temper tantrum. It is in their DNA.
Not a smart thing to say. You do realize you just used a single brush to paint hundreds of millions of people.
It is akin to saying Nigerians with 419. It is in their DNA. See how silly that came across?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

ZZ was overrated.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cito wrote:
Not a smart thing to say. You do realize you just used a single brush to paint hundreds of millions of people.
It is akin to saying Nigerians with *****. It is in their DNA. See how silly that came across?
bro xenophobia is acceptable here
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

bret- hart wrote:ZZ was overrated.
Good heavens.
oluphemmie007
Egg
Egg

Post by oluphemmie007 »

MODS, you can ban this one. We wont miss sh**t opinions like this :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Manchester United: Trophies Yesterday, Today and Forever

This is Cybereagles...expect anything.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

One of the Greatest of All Time, far from overrated, Zidane's name doesn't evoke talk of the celestial ala King Lionel and Duke Cristiano. Giants of the modern age and neithers' footprint casts the mercurial Gaul's into absolute shade. Zidane was consistently imperial, moving across Europe with effortless grace and resplendent class. Other worldly.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

You guys need to calm down. He was overrated not a bad player. ZZ biggest problem was his emotional instability and that almost cost France the98 WC. Also he drifted in and out of games and was inconsistent. The only reason he gets hyped is cos his French. Had he opted for Algeria, he would be on Brahimi's level.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Cito wrote:
It is akin to saying Nigerians with *****. It is in their DNA. See how silly that came across?
It's always easier to do it to others but it's never fun when it's being done to you.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

bret- hart wrote:You guys need to calm down. He was overrated not a bad player. ZZ biggest problem was his emotional instability and that almost cost France the98 WC. Also he drifted in and out of games and was inconsistent. The only reason he gets hyped is cos his French. Had he opted for Algeria, he would be on Brahimi's level.
You know zero about football..... Zizou is up there with King Pele and the legendary Maradona.
General Zizou got eyes at the back of his head. :thumbs: , massages the ball in a way that Messi & CR7 can only dream about.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

bret- hart wrote:You guys need to calm down. He was overrated not a bad player. ZZ biggest problem was his emotional instability and that almost cost France the98 WC. Also he drifted in and out of games and was inconsistent. The only reason he gets hyped is cos his French. Had he opted for Algeria, he would be on Brahimi's level.
I've always thought Zidane was overrated as well, not to take anything away from him. He was just not as consistent for me.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

zee wrote:
You know zero about football..... Zizou is up there with King Pele and the legendary Maradona.
General Zizou got eyes at the back of his head. :thumbs: , massages the ball in a way that Messi & CR7 can only dream about.

ZZ was no where near Pale and Maradona. He will be the 1st person to tell you that

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bret- hart wrote:
zee wrote:

ZZ was no where near Pale and Maradona. He will be the 1st person to tell you that
He was not even close to the real Ronaldo and i agree that he was inconsistent but a good player when all clicks.
I rate him on same level with Jay Jay,Rivaldo,Figo etc
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Overrated, how? Cometh the hour, the Pope schooled all comers. France 98, made a mockery of Brazil. Fresh out of retirement, had grown men chasing shadows, phenomenons and the rest. Granted The Grand Master didn't squander the energy of a Cristiano or see the need for 12000 stepovers, effortless excellence, unforced, innate, intrinsic. Zidane was as pure a footballer as they come. Today, only Messi plays the game so easily, Iniesta of course makes an appearance, Pirlo the same.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

I can't stand debates with footy fans. It's to be expected though, unlike American sports that are built around stats footy is loved because of its free form play and the technical ability of the players and the teams leading to subjective sentiments from the fans. Abilities that one person may like can be completely secondary to another. For me Zidane was one of the best but also overrated. It's my opinion and there's nothing to argue or debate.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Mr. Piffington wrote:I can't stand debates with footy fans. It's to be expected though, unlike American sports that are built around stats footy is loved because of its free form play and the technical ability of the players and the teams leading to subjective sentiments from the fans. Abilities that one person may like can be completely secondary to another. For me Zidane was one of the best but also overrated. It's my opinion and there's nothing to argue or debate.
Was he in your top 7 players of all time?T
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Mr. Piffington wrote:I can't stand debates with footy fans. It's to be expected though, unlike American sports that are built around stats footy is loved because of its free form play and the technical ability of the players and the teams leading to subjective sentiments from the fans. Abilities that one person may like can be completely secondary to another. For me Zidane was one of the best but also overrated. It's my opinion and there's nothing to argue or debate.
Was he in your top 7 players of all time?To me top 10
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Zizzou on the same level as Brahimi?

Just when you think that you've heard it all on this site.
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
I've always thought Zidane was overrated as well, not to take anything away from him. He was just not as consistent for me.
+1
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

:agree:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ZZ is on the same level as Delpiero, Baggio etc.
Romario, Ronaldo >>> ZZ