I thought Kelechi's team-mates at City didn't like him?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: I thought Kelechi's team-mates at City didn't like him?

Post by highbury »

I am surprised you all missed the boat. The main reason Kelechi hasn't performed to the level required of him is one main thing- No pre-season. Whilst his former team mates at man city were preparing, he was home alone because of the transfer dealings. He had to iron out his 3 agents issue. All that contributed to his lack of preseason and thus not too optimal performance
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

highbury wrote:I am surprised you all missed the boat. The main reason Kelechi hasn't performed to the level required of him is one main thing- No pre-season. Whilst his former team mates at man city were preparing, he was home alone because of the transfer dealings. He had to iron out his 3 agents issue. All that contributed to his lack of preseason and thus not too optimal performance
Abegi. That is a lame excuse.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
highbury wrote:I am surprised you all missed the boat. The main reason Kelechi hasn't performed to the level required of him is one main thing- No pre-season. Whilst his former team mates at man city were preparing, he was home alone because of the transfer dealings. He had to iron out his 3 agents issue. All that contributed to his lack of preseason and thus not too optimal performance
Abegi. That is a lame excuse.
Clearly you're just a fan. I doubt you've played the game at a high level
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

theYemster wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:This Leceister manager wants people to do am for yonder..so this man will not give Kele a start?
Kelechi has not earned a starting place in my opinion. For starters, his touch is too heavy for this sort of game. Lose the ball and the opponents are in your penalty area
True he has been a bit underwhelming but he had proven his quality under Pellegrini despite his heavy touch. I think he's a confidence player and as such probably needs a decent run of games as a starter to get his mojo back.

He needs to play for a manager who believes in him. Not sure he'll get that with this guy since the coach who signed him has been sacked.
How much playing time did he see under Shakespeare?
Ayo Akinfe wrote: Because he was played as a striker. I have always seen Bony as a creative kind of playmaker. He is ill-suited to that targetman role.
:blink: :?
cic old boy wrote:
db10 wrote:Good, there’s a Kelechi thread today already. So, what’s best for him next? One thing to not
get playing time at Man City and another to not do so at Leicester too,... no?
"Pep and Claude Puel don't like Africans" - CE mumus.
:lol: :lol:
The only 'excuse' for Kele's output so far is that he's at the wrong club.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

lionga wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:This Leceister manager wants people to do am for yonder..so this man will not give Kele a start?
Kelechi has not earned a starting place in my opinion. For starters, his touch is too heavy for this sort of game. Lose the ball and the opponents are in your penalty area
True he has been a bit underwhelming but he had proven his quality under Pellegrini despite his heavy touch. I think he's a confidence player and as such probably needs a decent run of games as a starter to get his mojo back.

He needs to play for a manager who believes in him. Not sure he'll get that with this guy since the coach who signed him has been sacked.
How much playing time did he see under Shakespeare?
Ayo Akinfe wrote: Because he was played as a striker. I have always seen Bony as a creative kind of playmaker. He is ill-suited to that targetman role.
:blink: :?
cic old boy wrote:
db10 wrote:Good, there’s a Kelechi thread today already. So, what’s best for him next? One thing to not
get playing time at Man City and another to not do so at Leicester too,... no?
"Pep and Claude Puel don't like Africans" - CE mumus.
:lol: :lol:
The only 'excuse' for Kele's output so far is that he's at the wrong club.

O please stop it. Are Gray, Vardie, Ndidi, Iborra, etc not all at the same club and playing well?

Even the commentators mention how Iheanacho is not putting enough effort into games when he sees action. He has brought all this upon himself.