Gent vs Mouscron (Moses Simon & Taiwo Awoniyi)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Zelex
Egg
Egg
Gent vs Mouscron (Moses Simon & Taiwo Awoniyi)

Post by Zelex »

Currently 1-1. Moses Simon Penalty, Awoniyi equalises.

Simon Kalu and Anderson Esiti also start.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
oyek
Egg
Egg
Re: Gent vs Mouscron (Moses Simon & Taiwo Awoniyi)

Post by oyek »

:thumbs:
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

It is criminal that Taiwo Awoniyi does not get invited to the Eagles camp. Every follower of Belgian football will tell you that the two most influential Nigerians in their league are Henry Onyekuru and Taiwo Awoniyi.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:It is criminal that Taiwo Awoniyi does not get invited to the Eagles camp. Every follower of Belgian football will tell you that the two most influential Nigerians in their league are Henry Onyekuru and Taiwo Awoniyi.
How many players do u want invited to SE? Maybe Rohr should just throw camp open to all Nigerians . Would that make u happy?
OCCUPY NFF!!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:It is criminal that Taiwo Awoniyi does not get invited to the Eagles camp. Every follower of Belgian football will tell you that the two most influential Nigerians in their league are Henry Onyekuru and Taiwo Awoniyi.
Lies...............What about Olayinka and Dennis at Brugge?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
How many players do u want invited to SE? Maybe Rohr should just throw camp open to all Nigerians . Would that make u happy?

I have published my list of 30 here before. If we want to avoid sentiments, we could all probably agree on who Nigeria's best 30 players are but alas, my people cannot be that objective.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

I have published my list of 30 here before. If we want to avoid sentiments, we could all probably agree on who Nigeria's best 30 players are but alas, my people cannot be that objective.
Awoniyi is not even a top 10 scorer in Belgium where we have 3 players that are and only onyekuru has gotten a call.
OCCUPY NFF!!
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

There is no such thing as an objective list of Nigeria's best 30 players.
Any list will always be subjective.
Just as you have your favorite players Rohr has his, too.
As he is much closer to the players than you I have more trust in his list than in yours.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo is canvassing for the likes of Awoniyi and Kelchi Nwakali to go to the world cup and he talks about being objective..smh
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Mr Shows wrote:Ayo is canvassing for the likes of Awoniyi and Kelchi Nwakali to go to the world cup and he talks about being objective..smh
You guys never learn. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ayo says the most ridiculous things - with tremendous effect.
That's why we are 'reacting'.
Pure Genius. :idea: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

couple of things about the game:
- the standard of football was piss poor. Like division 1 English football (i.e. below championship level)
- Esiti is the best player on that Genk team. He is a very good defensive midfielder. If anything is criminal, its his continued exclusion from the SE.
- Simon is the second best player in that team. the rest of that team is pure shiit
- Awoniyi is still the same. Elegant player, big, strong, hard to bully off the ball, etc....but he does not impose himself on the game at all. He just isn't a threatening presence on the pitch. Dude is an amazing prospect but not ready for senior level football in my opinion.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Awoniyi has a good work ethic but never thought he was that talented. Not quick, not skillful, just a big lump that's game.

Moses Simon will be in the WC squad though. I don't see how he cannot be given how pivotal he was in our qualification.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

airwolex wrote:Awoniyi has a good work ethic but never thought he was that talented. Not quick, not skillful, just a big lump that's game.

Moses Simon will be in the WC squad though. I don't see how he cannot be given how pivotal he was in our qualification.
What Fifa rule says if you play in the qualifiers you must be taken to the World Cup?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

[/video]
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

truetalk wrote:[/video]
Nice one. Awoniyi looked sharp with the way he took the goal.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
He and Osimhen will own the spots in the years ahead... right now he is not ready for the WC
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
He and Osimhen will own the spots in the years ahead... right now he is not ready for the WC
Who would you take as your back-up targetman to Ighalo?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Who would you take as your back-up targetman to Ighalo?
Let's see who makes a stake for the position by march next year. Ideye may play his way back into reckoning, just as Igahalo did. A lot will happen over the next 5 months.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Objectively speaking, did you see Moses Simon moves for the penalty. I mean that was more impressive that scoring off a rebound. Did you objectively mention that? NO. It just doesn't fit into the narrative. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Objectively speaking, did you see Moses Simon moves for the penalty. I mean that was more impressive that scoring off a rebound. Did you objectively mention that? NO. It just doesn't fit into the narrative. :D

A wide forward needs to be able to contribute to intricate build-up play. Moses Simon is incapable of doing that. He is a one dimensional player who just runs with his head down like Pius Ikedia, Ahmed Musa and Tijani Babangida. Those are not my type of players.

At the end of the day it is all down to Rohr but in my team, there is no room for such players. Just as Gareth Southgate said he only wants defenders who can play the ball out of the back, so too I only want widemen who can participate in intricate build-up play.

Likewise, my fulbacks must be able to gallop up and down the flanks and be good at whipping in crosses. We all have our footballing philosophies.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

A wide forward needs to be able to contribute to intricate build-up play. Moses Simon is incapable of doing that. He is a one dimensional player who just runs with his head down like Pius Ikedia, Ahmed Musa and Tijani Babangida. Those are not my type of players.

At the end of the day it is all down to Rohr but in my team, there is no room for such players. Just as Gareth Southgate said he only wants defenders who can play the ball out of the back, so too I only want widemen who can participate in intricate build-up play.

Likewise, my fulbacks must be able to gallop up and down the flanks and be good at whipping in crosses. We all have our footballing philosophies.
Let's stay on point here bro. The video we watched showed none of the above mentioned traits. It rather showed a player who was very aware of the positioning of his opponents and made a move accordingly. His move placed the 2 defenders in a bad spot. He did all these with his face not looking at the ground, mind you. :mrgreen:
But you didn't mention that for sole reason of him not being your type of player. Does that smell of objectivity in your analysis?
I mean shouldn't you analyze based on facts we can see...the video we all watched. Rather than dredging up preconceived biases to ignore a very good move and praise a rather basic kick into the net with the keeper on the floor.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Let's stay on point here bro. The video we watched showed none of the above mentioned traits. It rather showed a player who was very aware of the positioning of his opponents and made a move accordingly. His move placed the 2 defenders in a bad spot. He did all these with his face not looking at the ground, mind you. :mrgreen:
But you didn't mention that for sole reason of him not being your type of player. Does that smell of objectivity in your analysis?
I mean shouldn't you analyze based on facts we can see...the video we all watched. Rather than dredging up preconceived biases to ignore a very good move and praise a rather basic kick into the net with the keeper on the floor.
He picked the wrong video. Simon looked good as far as I'm concerned. :clap: :clap: :clap: