Gent vs Mouscron (Moses Simon & Taiwo Awoniyi)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Gent vs Mouscron (Moses Simon & Taiwo Awoniyi)

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
truetalk wrote:[/video]
Nice one. Awoniyi looked sharp with the way he took the goal.
Objectively speaking, did you see Moses Simon moves for the penalty. I mean that was more impressive that scoring off a rebound. Did you objectively mention that? NO. It just doesn't fit into the narrative. :D

A wide forward needs to be able to contribute to intricate build-up play. Moses Simon is incapable of doing that. He is a one dimensional player who just runs with his head down like Pius Ikedia, Ahmed Musa and Tijani Babangida. Those are not my type of players.

At the end of the day it is all down to Rohr but in my team, there is no room for such players. Just as Gareth Southgate said he only wants defenders who can play the ball out of the back, so too I only want widemen who can participate in intricate build-up play.

Likewise, my fulbacks must be able to gallop up and down the flanks and be good at whipping in crosses. We all have our footballing philosophies.
Let's stay on point here bro. The video we watched showed none of the above mentioned traits. It rather showed a player who was very aware of the positioning of his opponents and made a move accordingly. His move placed the 2 defenders in a bad spot. He did all these with his face not looking at the ground, mind you. :mrgreen:
But you didn't mention that for sole reason of him not being your type of player. Does that smell of objectivity in your analysis?
I mean shouldn't you analyze based on facts we can see...the video we all watched. Rather than dredging up preconceived biases to ignore a very good move and praise a rather basic kick into the net with the keeper on the floor.
Simon Moses is not good enough to play against teams like Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Spain, etc
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

It still baffle me what crime Esiti commited to warrant his continued exclusion. He always played well in the GWG. A partnership of him and Ndidi would be immense.
I'm not sure what is going in here, but it's definitely not footballing reasons.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
truetalk wrote:[/video]
Nice one. Awoniyi looked sharp with the way he took the goal.
Objectively speaking, did you see Moses Simon moves for the penalty. I mean that was more impressive that scoring off a rebound. Did you objectively mention that? NO. It just doesn't fit into the narrative. :D

A wide forward needs to be able to contribute to intricate build-up play. Moses Simon is incapable of doing that. He is a one dimensional player who just runs with his head down like Pius Ikedia, Ahmed Musa and Tijani Babangida. Those are not my type of players.

At the end of the day it is all down to Rohr but in my team, there is no room for such players. Just as Gareth Southgate said he only wants defenders who can play the ball out of the back, so too I only want widemen who can participate in intricate build-up play.

Likewise, my fulbacks must be able to gallop up and down the flanks and be good at whipping in crosses. We all have our footballing philosophies.
Let's stay on point here bro. The video we watched showed none of the above mentioned traits. It rather showed a player who was very aware of the positioning of his opponents and made a move accordingly. His move placed the 2 defenders in a bad spot. He did all these with his face not looking at the ground, mind you. :mrgreen:
But you didn't mention that for sole reason of him not being your type of player. Does that smell of objectivity in your analysis?
I mean shouldn't you analyze based on facts we can see...the video we all watched. Rather than dredging up preconceived biases to ignore a very good move and praise a rather basic kick into the net with the keeper on the floor.
Simon Moses is not good enough to play against teams like Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Spain, etc
Ok I guess you said it and that makes it factual. Siddon look is the way to stay at the moment until Rorh makes his decisions.
One thing I can wager on is the chances of Moses making the final 23 is closer to 100% compares to 5% or less for Awoniyi. That is health holding up and based on today's form and coach. A lot can change tomorrow or the next 5-7 months tho.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

bushboy wrote:It still baffle me what crime Esiti commited to warrant his continued exclusion. He always played well in the GWG. A partnership of him and Ndidi would be immense.
I'm not sure what is going in here, but it's definitely not footballing reasons.
In your opinion, is he better than any of the following:

Mikel Obi
Wilfred Ndidi
Ogenyi Onazi
Joel Obi
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
bushboy wrote:It still baffle me what crime Esiti commited to warrant his continued exclusion. He always played well in the GWG. A partnership of him and Ndidi would be immense.

Mikel Obi
Wilfred Ndidi
Ogenyi Onazi
Joel Obi
Stop avoiding viewtopic.php?f=1&t=284607&start=92#p5133322
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Mikel Obi
Wilfred Ndidi
Ogenyi Onazi
Joel Obi
I strongly believe it is definitely for footballing reasons.
Rohr wants quick transition with one touch football.
Esiti is definitely not that type of player who plays it fast.
He is strong and physical but also a bit 'sedate'.
But to be honest with you I don't really understand why Rohr likes John Ogu so much.
I can only assume that Ogu's playing style corresponds well with Rohr other important guiding theme: discipline and playing it simple.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

DAgrin wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Mikel Obi
Wilfred Ndidi
Ogenyi Onazi
Joel Obi
But to be honest with you I don't really understand why Rohr likes John Ogu so much.
I can only assume that Ogu's playing style corresponds well with Rohr other important guiding theme: discipline and playing it simple.
In all the SE games I have watched under Rohr, I am yet to see this "quick, one touch" football that is so complex Esiti is incapable of playing it. None of our current midfield players is known for pace.
Esiti based on his physical a d defensive ability, comfort with ball at feet, and passing range, should be on the team. Maybe not starting, but definitely a great player to have as an option on the bench.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

bushboy wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Mikel Obi
Wilfred Ndidi
Ogenyi Onazi
Joel Obi
In all the SE games I have watched under Rohr, I am yet to see this "quick, one touch" football that is so complex Esiti is incapable of playing it. None of our current midfield players is known for pace.
Esiti based on his physical a d defensive ability, comfort with ball at feet, and passing range, should be on the team. Maybe not starting, but definitely a great player to have as an option on the bench.[/quote

Keep quiet ma fren. You know nothing about football, just look at your record and you’ll see why u need to shut it .
OCCUPY NFF!!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

bushboy wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Mikel Obi
Wilfred Ndidi
Ogenyi Onazi
Joel Obi
Esiti based on his physical a d defensive ability, comfort with ball at feet, and passing range, should be on the team. Maybe not starting, but definitely a great player to have as an option on the bench.

Hard to say what Rohr doesn't like about his game. Hopefully gets another chance before it's all said and done. He is competing against Agu, Ogu and Agbo for a role on the team.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

If you watch SE's the only person consistently allowed to linger on the ball, is Mikel. The rest move it on, asap. I like Esiti, but he's movement is like, a semi truck. As you can see, we already have a player that is similar, but a bit faster in Ogu. Who didn't see action till the qualification was won, and the first teamers were unavailable.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.