Ighalo on Success

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mystic
Egg
Egg
Ighalo on Success

Post by mystic »

http://www.soccerassembly.com/odion-igh ... -travails/

Odion Ighalo Speaks On Isaac Success Travails
Posted By: soccerasson: November 25, 2017

Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo has spoken about the travails of his compatriot and former teammate at Watford Isaac Success

The Changchun Yatai of China striker was speaking on a popular Lagos radio LagosTalks913

The highly talented Isaac Success joined Watford in 2016 before Odion Ighalo left for China and was expected to make a big impact at the club

However the forward has only featured once for the Hornets this term no thanks mainly to Injuries as well as a poor attitude on and off the pitch

The 21 year old was in the news for the wrong reasons last month when he was accused of demanding £2,000 back from four prostitutes in Hertfordshire.

And Ighalo who shares the same agent as Success understands what the youngster whom he knows well from their time together at Watford is going through

“Football is beyond playing on the pitch alone” Ighalo said on LagosTalks913

“There is a lifestyle you live and things you do that go together with football”

“He is a young boy , Who just played his first season in Spain and he did so well and then came to Watford”

“If you can’t control yourself or have people around you to keep you grounded its difficult”

“I talk to him. We still spoke last week over the issues he is having”

“We couldn’t see when I was in London because of his Injury”

“We share the same agent. He was injured and went to Spain for tests but he is back now”

Isaac Success is belived to be well close to returning to action for Watford however no exact date has been given for his return by his club
ogasir
Egg
Egg
Re: Ighalo on Success

Post by ogasir »

I hope Ighalo keeps mentoring him. It would be a shame for all that talent to go to waste
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ogasir wrote:I hope Ighalo keeps mentoring him. It would be a shame for all that talent to go to waste
Please don't palm the responsibility to Ighalo. Success need to learn self control and know the opportunity he's got as a footballer is not to be frizzled away.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

pajimoh wrote:
ogasir wrote:I hope Ighalo keeps mentoring him. It would be a shame for all that talent to go to waste
Please don't palm the responsibility to Ighalo. Success need to learn self control and know the opportunity he's got as a footballer is not to be frizzled away.

So because he needs to act responsibly and have self control means Ighalo should not mentor him?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

1naija wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

So because he needs to act responsibly and have self control means Ighalo should not mentor him?
Is there any such word as "don't" in what I wrote? Invariably we are all responsible for our own actions. Success need to exercise self control and discipline. He struggled to get a career, he should not be quick to waste it away.

Ighalo is in China and even if he's at the same club he can't babysit Success. Often what we do when no one is around is who we really are.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Thats not what he said. Ighalo can mentor him if he wants, but it is NOT Ighalo's responsibility. Also, there are some cursed individuals that no matter how you mentor them, their curse will never let go of them. Cassano, Balotelli, and I am hoping Isaac is not one of them, but for me, I have cancelled any affection i had towards the boy. he is a moron
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

His Watford career is finished. A loan move in the window perhaps?
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

pajimoh wrote:
Absolutely Pa Jioh. Success is no child. He should take personal responsibility for himself and his actions. He has more than enough examples to jolt him into the right path not least Etim Essien and Maradona.
To stop trying is to start dying
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Success' problem is not his off-field antics (though they havent helped) but his lack of a football brain and poor finishing skills
all the raw talent is there but he does not know how to use it.
the kid needs space to grow and learn.
If he keeps his head down and works hard, he could be a great player in 4 years

Oddly enough the hype train for success has ground to a screeching halt
No more threads clamouring for him to be included in the SE
Onyekuru is the new flavour of the month it seems
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

pajimoh wrote:
1naija wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Is there any such word as "don't" in what I wrote?
Yes. See highlighted. :taunt: :taunt:

ogasir did not say Success should not learn self control either.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

1naija wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
1naija wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Is there any such word as "don't" in what I wrote?
Yes. See highlighted. :taunt: :taunt:

ogasir did not say Success should not learn self control either.
And I did not say Ighalo SHOULD NOT, advise him but even Ighalo suggest he should surround himself with good people. I'm sure that's what Ighalo has done. When a man has a taste for two women at the same time then he needs more than mentoring. Ighalo will not be with him 24/7.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

See all these hypocrites. Would you guys act any differently if you could get four ashewos to babysit you at night? Abeg, Isaac Success no get time for football now. He has other things on his mind, so improving his technique is not on his list of priorities at all!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Issac can be back in the SE mix in a flash if he starts playing for watford. It only takes about 2 starts in the epl for people to start calling for him to be invited. Epl has enormous power of Nigerians.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

danfo driver wrote:
1naija wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Thats not what he said. Ighalo can mentor him if he wants, but it is NOT Ighalo's responsibility. Also, there are some cursed individuals that no matter how you mentor them, their curse will never let go of them. Cassano, Balotelli, and I am hoping Isaac is not one of them, but for me, I have cancelled any affection i had towards the boy. he is a moron

Where in ogasir's post did he say Isaac is Ighalo's responsibility? Everyone does not have the same background. You don't know Isaac success' upbringing to know that at 21 he should be matured enough to handle fame and fortune. There is a reason the NBA and NFL in the US have mentoring programs for rookies. Some people come from poor background and have no exposure to fame and fortune so they need guidance. That does not absolve them from responsibility. It just means they need help. Isaac may be one of those people.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

I see success as more of a talent than Onyekuru.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Success has something which we lack

A powerful strong forward with pace and technique.

Rohr likes big strong strikers and as of now, only Ighalo fits the bill.

He has tried with the likes of Samuel, Nwakaeme, but they are clearly not good enough, and the only reason they got a look in in the first place is precicely because Rohr likes these type of physical players.

Success can also play out wide and up top.

If Success starts to play regularly for Watford or on a loan move, he can easily be back in the mix.

I hope for all of our sake he can sort himself out, he can be a great bench option.

I would rather look to Success on the bench than Ahmed Musa.

Having said all of that , he really needs to change his attitude. He thinks he is a star and has arrived. The way he always dives to the ground at the smallest contact makes me think he thinks of himself as some big shot who doesn't have to work hard. He needs to cut that crap out and use his big frame and powerful physique to bully defenders and stop acting like a primadona.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:Success has something which we lack

A powerful strong forward with pace and technique.

Rohr likes big strong strikers and as of now, only Ighalo fits the bill.

He has tried with the likes of Samuel
, Nwakaeme, but they are clearly not good enough, and the only reason they got a look in in the first place is precicely because Rohr likes these type of physical players.
Has Rohr actually tried Aaron Samuel?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:See all these hypocrites. Would you guys act any differently if you could get four ashewos to babysit you at night? Abeg, Isaac Success no get time for football now. He has other things on his mind, so improving his technique is not on his list of priorities at all!
Here goes uncle Ayo with his rhetoric. The difference between those who make it and those who don't is discipline and self control. Is not everything you'd like to do that is good for you. He could be accused of rape by someone interested in his dough.
A man with woman on his mind might have less time to spend improving his technics
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Success mannerism and attitude during his induction as new Super eagles member spoke volumes of who he is. He has this perfunctory and laissez faire attitude that depicts who he is. From all indications he lacks a role model and stupidly believes with his skill and talent hence he has the world in his pocket. Surely now he is having a rude awakening hopefully it is enough incentive for him to modify his attitude. If he fails he has himself to blame because the Almighty has endowed him with gargantuan potentials . All he needs is self discipline and determination obviously he will live a dream life.
solo
Egg
Egg

Post by solo »

He should go sit down with Etim Essien to learn one or two things about grace to grass
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

1naija wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
1naija wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Where in ogasir's post did he say Isaac is Ighalo's responsibility? Everyone does not have the same background. You don't know Isaac success' upbringing to know that at 21 he should be matured enough to handle fame and fortune. There is a reason the NBA and NFL in the US have mentoring programs for rookies. Some people come from poor background and have no exposure to fame and fortune so they need guidance. That does not absolve them from responsibility. It just means they need help. Isaac may be one of those people.
Chief, the greatest things Isaac need - discipline and self control. Those two will be with him when all the mentors are long gone or are not around. No matter what your vocation in life is discipline and self control will take you far. If you think Ighalo will be able to give him all the time he needs and still be able to manage his own career, fine. We are not saying Ighalo should not help but Isaac need to know himself and his weaknesses and surround himself with those who can help him.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Success need a fresh start.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ohenhen1 wrote:Success need a fresh start.
When you carry the sane attitude and weaknesses from your old venture you'll get the same result in your new one.
Fresh start but same weaknesses will yield same result