10 players I would like to see move in January

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
10 players I would like to see move in January

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

(1) Francis Uzoho - If Deportivo La Coruna cannot give him regular action, he sgoild move to a club where he plays regularly. We need him in top shape for the World Cup

(2) Shehu Abdullahi - If he is to provide the necessary cover for Tyronne Ebuehi he needs to be playing on a league better than Cyprus. He needs to play in say the Turkish, Belgian or Dutch leagues at that least

(3) Ola Aina - I think he is better than the Championship. He should be playing for a team like WBA, Palace, Huddersfield or Bournemouth. Chelsea should sell him in the window

(4) William Ekong - He has been a journeyman and is not at the stage whereby he needs to settle down. He should at least be playing for a mid table French, German or Italian team

(5) Mikel Obi - We need him in top shape for the World Cup. That Chinese league is not likely to keep him at his best. He could easily play for any leading team in Europe’s top five leagues

(6) Odion Ighalo - Like Mikel, he needs stiffer competition than the Chinese league so should return to the Premiership

(7) Ogenyi Onazi - I believe he is far better than the Turkish league. He needs to get back to a team on the same level as Lazio

(8) Brian Idowu - I believe he too could do better than the Russian league in which he is currently playing. Somewhere like Germany would probably do him fine. I can see him fitting in well with Osimhen and Uduokhai at Wolfsburg

(9) Tyronne Ebuehi - He has shown he can compete with the best. A rightback who can shut De Maria out should be playing in a better league then Holland. He is at the level of say Spain or France. Just imagine how they would improve his crossing between January and May

(10) Taiwo Awoniyi - Another player languishing in the Belgian league that it not aiding his development. Just imagine how well his running would fit into the Premiership. Liverpool should sell him abeg
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 10 players I would like to see move in January

Post by Undertaker »

10 rubbish I read today.......................
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ayo,

You need to move inside a transformer. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:(1) Francis Uzoho - If Deportivo La Coruna cannot give him regular action, he sgoild move to a club where he plays regularly. We need him in top shape for the World Cup

(2) Shehu Abdullahi - If he is to provide the necessary cover for Tyronne Ebuehi he needs to be playing on a league better than Cyprus. He needs to play in say the Turkish, Belgian or Dutch leagues at that least

(3) Ola Aina - I think he is better than the Championship. He should be playing for a team like WBA, Palace, Huddersfield or Bournemouth. Chelsea should sell him in the window

(4) William Ekong - He has been a journeyman and is not at the stage whereby he needs to settle down. He should at least be playing for a mid table French, German or Italian team

(5) Mikel Obi - We need him in top shape for the World Cup. That Chinese league is not likely to keep him at his best. He could easily play for any leading team in Europe’s top five leagues

(6) Odion Ighalo - Like Mikel, he needs stiffer competition than the Chinese league so should return to the Premiership

(7) Ogenyi Onazi - I believe he is far better than the Turkish league. He needs to get back to a team on the same level as Lazio

(8) Brian Idowu - I believe he too could do better than the Russian league in which he is currently playing. Somewhere like Germany would probably do him fine. I can see him fitting in well with Osimhen and Uduokhai at Wolfsburg

(9) Tyronne Ebuehi - He has shown he can compete with the best. A rightback who can shut De Maria out should be playing in a better league then Holland. He is at the level of say Spain or France. Just imagine how they would improve his crossing between January and May

(10) Taiwo Awoniyi - Another player languishing in the Belgian league that it not aiding his development. Just imagine how well his running would fit into the Premiership. Liverpool should sell him abeg
:agree:
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:(1) Francis Uzoho - If Deportivo La Coruna cannot give him regular action, he sgoild move to a club where he plays regularly. We need him in top shape for the World Cup

Some good comments. Although I think for some of them, a move in January may not be too good for them, personally. After the summer, if we perform very well, the likes of Uzoho (if he is out number 1), Shehu, Ekong, Balogun, Idowu, Aina, Onazi, Ebuehi, and Idowu will be making top top top moves.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:

Some good comments. Although I think for some of them, a move in January may not be too good for them, personally. After the summer, if we perform very well, the likes of Uzoho (if he is out number 1), Shehu, Ekong, Balogun, Idowu, Aina, Onazi, Ebuehi, and Idowu will be making top top top moves.

We need these players to move now so they will be in top shape for the World Cup. Of what use is it to us if they are in brilliant shape post-Russia 2018?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo your idea that a January move will help these players is stuff of Walt Disney at best. If you think someone like Uzoho will suddenly become number 1 goalie after January move and play enough games to be in serious shape for July WC is just dreamland stuff.

Most clubs are beginning to realize January moves is nothing more than desperation. No pre season training tends to affect the January transfers and some who were sparingly used before their transfer also need time to improve their fitness level and time to be up to speed with their new club mates and philosophy.

Having about 10 players change club in January is definitely not the best. Only the most hopeless case should take the risk of changing club in Jan.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

pajimoh wrote:Ayo your idea that a January move will help these players is stuff of Walt Disney at best. If you think someone like Uzoho will suddenly become number 1 goalie after January move and play enough games to be in serious shape for July WC is just dreamland stuff.

Most clubs are beginning to realize January moves is nothing more than desperation. No pre season training tends to affect the January transfers and some who were sparingly used before their transfer also need time to improve their fitness level and time to be up to speed with their new club mates and philosophy.

Having about 10 players change club in January is definitely not the best. Only the most hopeless case should take the risk of changing club in Jan.

Seriously this list shows that Ayo is living in la-la land. I would rather see our players playing week in and week out than moving to a more glamorous league only to chop the bench. Let's examine each case one by one.

1. UZOHO - Needs to stay put and continue to develop. We must remember that his development is what is paramount, and it must not be rushed on account of the World Cup. Right now, he's getting top level coaching and is going through what most young goalkeepers must go through, in terms of developing and fighting their way up the depth chart. Besides, he's currently in a place where the organization seems to believe in him and are grooming him to be their future. Given the general apathy for African goalkeepers in Europe, at this point in his career, he may not get that support elsewhere. The best bet for him ahead of the Mundial is to stay put. Mind you if he stars for us in the summer, his clubside may be forced to move up their timetable for bringing him into the first team; and if they don't he's likely to have plenty of offers then from clubs who will have become believers in his talent and abilities. In the meantime, there's no place that I'd rather have a young Nigerian goalkeeper developing and learning his craft than in Spain.

2. SHEHU - My understanding is that his contract will run out in June, so as much as I would love to see him move to a proper league, it may not be wise for him to do so now. Mind you I do understand where you are coming from, and would love to see something materialize for him. But it may not happen until the summer.

3. AINA - Talent wise, he's indeed better than the Championship. But this is his first full season as a professional (in terms of actually playing against pros) and he must go through the development process. As with Uzoho, his development should not be rushed or compromised on account of the World Cup. We need to look at the big picture here, which includes Quatar 2022, and not just Russia 2018. A season in the Championship is part of his development, and if he shows his class, Chelsea will likely loan him out to a Premier League side next season - just as they did with Tammy Abraham. Chelsea will definitely not sell him right now because that is not the way that they operate.

4. EKONG - He moved to Turkey in the first place to get playing time because of the nonsense that was going on with him in Belgium. And now you want him to jeopardize his starting shirt in the Super Eagles by risking a January move. Methinks you have no clue what you are talking about. Besides, he will have a lot of offers in the summer. Now would not be a good time for him to move.

5. MIKEL - On this one we are in total accord. If the opportunity arises for Mikel to move to a club in a top tier league, he should jump at the chance.

6. IGHALO - Couldn't agree with you more. His case is even more urgent than Mikel's. But he must be careful to find the right situation, because much of his game is about confidence. When his confidence is where it needs to be, he's an excellent player. But when it's not he can be rather pedestrian. So he may need to focus on leagues that he's familiar with, like England, Italy and Spain.

7. ONAZI - He's fine where he is now in terms of playing time and I would not recommend a January move for him. I know he's antsy to move back to a major European league, but considering that he almost moved to Birmingham last summer, I doubt that the market for him was anything to write home about, and that likely hasn't changed much. So he will have to bank on having a good World Cup to find worthy suitors. I also think that Onazi is the type of player who might struggle to fit into a new club on short notice, so a summer move is probably best.

8. IDOWU - I am sorry but your suggestion here is simply childish. Based on his play at his clubside, teams were not breaking the door down trying to sign him, and that doesn't change because of one international appearance with Nigeria. All the same, assuming his performance for Nigeria was noticed, teams will want to take their time to study him more carefully. His market value likely increases with more caps for Nigeria, and his next National team opportunity will come in March. So the earliest that he'll see good offers is probably in the summer.

9. EBUEHI - The boy is just starting to grow in confidence this season and you want to risk that by having him move in the January window? I think not! He's fine where he is now, playing week in and week out. Besides, he's in the same boat with Shehu, in terms of his contract running out in the summer. No proper agent would advise him to move now when he could figuratively have the world at his feet after the World Cup.

10. AWONIYI - Again I must question your judgement here. You must be high on Lucozade to suggest that Awoniyi is ready for the Premier League. Ah beg, do you want to damage the poor boy's career? Awoniyi is developing nicely where he is. He is having his first productive season in Europe. Learn to be patient and let the young man develop at his own pace. You need to look at the big picture with regard to his development. Awoniyi is a player that can be a significant player for Nigeria for many years to come. No need to jeopardize that by thrusting him into a situation that he's not ready for. He's not ripe for the Super Eagles just yet. Neither is he anywhere near ready for the pressure of the Premier League.

Abeg, with some of your suggestions, you need to go line up at your nearest Santa-land. And when you sit on Santa's lap you can inundate him with your ten wishes for Nigerian football ahead of the World Cup. Because some some of these ten pointers of yours would be better perused in the North Pole, where suggestions that are a result of brain freeze would be more acceptable.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

We need these players to move now so they will be in top shape for the World Cup. Of what use is it to us if they are in brilliant shape post-Russia 2018?
Your point is reasonable for US (NIGERIA), but if I was their agent, I'll advise them not to dare move in January.

And its also good to be factual when discussing things like this. This is not Walt Disney. For Instance, Aina has a loan contract with Hull until the summer. I dont know if chelsea has a call back option. If they dont, they'd have to pay a penalty just to cancel the loan.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:(2) Shehu Abdullahi - If he is to provide the necessary cover for Tyronne Ebuehi he needs to be playing on a league better than Cyprus. He needs to play in say the Turkish, Belgian or Dutch leagues at that least
Dude, it's the other way around...
Ebuehi is BEHIND Shehu in the Eagles' depth chart.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Hey..bros..abeg once U don use dat magic wand in January finish biko U fit borrow am to me make I take am hammer?
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:(2) Shehu Abdullahi - If he is to provide the necessary cover for Tyronne Ebuehi he needs to be playing on a league better than Cyprus. He needs to play in say the Turkish, Belgian or Dutch leagues at that least
Dude, it's the other way around...
Ebuehi is BEHIND Shehu in the Eagles' depth chart.
Dude..why are U trying to ruin Ayo's wet dream? :mad:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Pajimoh weighs in with a dose of reality rap. The only person moving purposefully in January Odion Ogbunigwe Ighalo, Everton or Stoke. The former would be the better option. The Toffees are in a sticky situation and in desperate need of a sherbert lemon up top. Koeman filled the squad with fruit pastilles, no surprise they're awash with cavities and gum disease.
Last edited by Coach on Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

mystic wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Ayo your idea that a January move will help these players is stuff of Walt Disney at best. If you think someone like Uzoho will suddenly become number 1 goalie after January move and play enough games to be in serious shape for July WC is just dreamland stuff.

Seriously this list shows that Ayo is living in la-la land. I would rather see our players playing week in and week out than moving to a more glamorous league only to chop the bench. Let's examine each case one by one.

1. UZOHO - Needs to stay put and continue to develop. We must remember that his development is what is paramount, and it must not be rushed on account of the World Cup. Right now, he's getting top level coaching and is going through what most young goalkeepers must go through, in terms of developing and fighting their way up the depth chart. Besides, he's currently in a place where the organization seems to believe in him and are grooming him to be their future. Given the general apathy for African goalkeepers in Europe, at this point in his career, he may not get that support elsewhere. The best bet for him ahead of the Mundial is to stay put. Mind you if he stars for us in the summer, his clubside may be forced to move up their timetable for bringing him into the first team; and if they don't he's likely to have plenty of offers then from clubs who will have become believers in his talent and abilities. In the meantime, there's no place that I'd rather have a young Nigerian goalkeeper developing and learning his craft than in Spain.

2. SHEHU - My understanding is that his contract will run out in June, so as much as I would love to see him move to a proper league, it may not be wise for him to do so now. Mind you I do understand where you are coming from, and would love to see something materialize for him. But it may not happen until the summer.

3. AINA - Talent wise, he's indeed better than the Championship. But this is his first full season as a professional (in terms of actually playing against pros) and he must go through the development process. As with Uzoho, his development should not be rushed or compromised on account of the World Cup. We need to look at the big picture here, which includes Quatar 2022, and not just Russia 2018. A season in the Championship is part of his development, and if he shows his class, Chelsea will likely loan him out to a Premier League side next season - just as they did with Tammy Abraham. Chelsea will definitely not sell him right now because that is not the way that they operate.

4. EKONG - He moved to Turkey in the first place to get playing time because of the nonsense that was going on with him in Belgium. And now you want him to jeopardize his starting shirt in the Super Eagles by risking a January move. Methinks you have no clue what you are talking about. Besides, he will have a lot of offers in the summer. Now would not be a good time for him to move.

5. MIKEL - On this one we are in total accord. If the opportunity arises for Mikel to move to a club in a top tier league, he should jump at the chance.

6. IGHALO - Couldn't agree with you more. His case is even more urgent than Mikel's. But he must be careful to find the right situation, because much of his game is about confidence. When his confidence is where it needs to be, he's an excellent player. But when it's not he can be rather pedestrian. So he may need to focus on leagues that he's familiar with, like England, Italy and Spain.

7. ONAZI - He's fine where he is now in terms of playing time and I would not recommend a January move for him. I know he's antsy to move back to a major European league, but considering that he almost moved to Birmingham last summer, I doubt that the market for him was anything to write home about, and that likely hasn't changed much. So he will have to bank on having a good World Cup to find worthy suitors. I also think that Onazi is the type of player who might struggle to fit into a new club on short notice, so a summer move is probably best.

8. IDOWU - I am sorry but your suggestion here is simply childish. Based on his play at his clubside, teams were not breaking the door down trying to sign him, and that doesn't change because of one international appearance with Nigeria. All the same, assuming his performance for Nigeria was noticed, teams will want to take their time to study him more carefully. His market value likely increases with more caps for Nigeria, and his next National team opportunity will come in March. So the earliest that he'll see good offers is probably in the summer.

9. EBUEHI - The boy is just starting to grow in confidence this season and you want to risk that by having him move in the January window? I think not! He's fine where he is now, playing week in and week out. Besides, he's in the same boat with Shehu, in terms of his contract running out in the summer. No proper agent would advise him to move now when he could figuratively have the world at his feet after the World Cup.

10. AWONIYI - Again I must question your judgement here. You must be high on Lucozade to suggest that Awoniyi is ready for the Premier League. Ah beg, do you want to damage the poor boy's career? Awoniyi is developing nicely where he is. He is having his first productive season in Europe. Learn to be patient and let the young man develop at his own pace. You need to look at the big picture with regard to his development. Awoniyi is a player that can be a significant player for Nigeria for many years to come. No need to jeopardize that by thrusting him into a situation that he's not ready for. He's not ripe for the Super Eagles just yet. Neither is he anywhere near ready for the pressure of the Premier League.

Abeg, with some of your suggestions, you need to go line up at your nearest Santa-land. And when you sit on Santa's lap you can inundate him with your ten wishes for Nigerian football ahead of the World Cup. Because some some of these ten pointers of yours would be better perused in the North Pole, where suggestions that are a result of brain freeze would be more acceptable.
Thanks for bringing reason to this forum!
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Ayo,

You need to move inside a transformer. :thumb:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
wAyo will not be harmed even inside a nuclear reactor. No weapon fashioned by man can harm Teflon Ayo. :lol:
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Very good observation.