What do you guys think...cutsy AY

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg
What do you guys think...cutsy AY

Post by jungle-jawara »

Sorry guys, using my phone. I'm sure Ayo will sort it out later.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: What do you guys think...cutsy AY

Post by Synopsis »

Not happening. Contracts and such...

The bland kits aren't for the World Cup.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I commented on an earlier post that the eagle should be in green on the white and white on the green and I think it's effective. As explained, contractually, this won't happen unless they get Nike to come up with this design but not sue that will happen either since we just outdoor-ed a new one.

However if these kits can be done in limited quantities for SE fans to buy, I think it's a winner
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Nigerian designer Andrew Randa comes up with unique World Cup kits for Super Eagles - See more at: https://goo.gl/D3yD6N
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Nice. :thumbs:

I wouldn't wear it If I had a big belly though because the eagle's head would make it appear a lot bigger... :D
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

jungle-jawara wrote:

Sorry guys, using my phone. I'm sure Ayo will sort it out later.
lovely
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...we spend tons designing jersey, worrying what we would look like and nothing on the players, organization and logistics.
Uniform never win matches.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

mcal wrote:...we spend tons designing jersey, worrying what we would look like and nothing on the players, organization and logistics.
Uniform never win matches.
I’m not sure that’s true. We’re almost pathologically obsessed with players, organisation and logistics
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

pajimoh wrote:I commented on an earlier post that the eagle should be in green on the white and white on the green and I think it's effective. As explained, contractually, this won't happen unless they get Nike to come up with this design but not sue that will happen either since we just outdoor-ed a new one.

However if these kits can be done in limited quantities for SE fans to buy, I think it's a winner
Nope. Told you earlier, from a design perspective - green eagle print on white shirt wouldn't look good. It's the kind of design one expects to find in Arabian club football. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

Omo, nairaland is throwing stuff up. Calling it the new jay!!!
http://www.nairaland.com/4201454/new-su ... kit-russia
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

We are stepping up the pressure on the NFF to accept this new kit.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Kabalega wrote:Nice. :thumbs:

I wouldn't wear it If I had a big belly though because the eagle's head would make it appear a lot bigger... :D
My thought exactly.... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Kabalega wrote:Nice. :thumbs:

Shattap dia..the pot belle would make the eagle look like a well fed bird!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

It’s rubbish! Give us some with a modern contemporary African print,Bold and aggressive . Anybody can do this design on their chinese fake iPhone.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
At least he’s honest about how he came up with the rubbish. Looks like Ayo is now into the jersey touting business since his agent business has nosedived due to lack of credibility. We no like this one either. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
At least he’s honest about how he came up with the rubbish. Looks like Ayo is now into the jersey touting business since his agent business has nosedived due to lack of credibility. We no like this one either. :laugh:
:laugh:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The YeyeMan wrote:
pajimoh wrote:I commented on an earlier post that the eagle should be in green on the white and white on the green and I think it's effective. As explained, contractually, this won't happen unless they get Nike to come up with this design but not sue that will happen either since we just outdoor-ed a new one.

Nope. Told you earlier, from a design perspective - green eagle print on white shirt wouldn't look good. It's the kind of design one expects to find in Arabian club football. :D
Go read of Nairaland, the likes are way way more than dislikes. This jersey is a winner. Even pipul wey no dey support SE go buy sef
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

The fans' response to NFF chair Amaju Pinnick and Nike on the new Super Eagles kit should be simple:

[1] No Super Eagles fans saw or approved the bland design used for the Algeria and Argentina games. We the fans were not part of that process, so are not interested in the kit

[2] It is highly arrogant of the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) and Nike to meet behind closed doors and come up with a design without consulting the fans who will be the ones to buy and wear the kit

[3] What should have happened is what we always do in Nigeria whenever we want to introduce anything new and major. The NFF should have announced a competition, asking for entries, requesting that Nigerians send in entries. This is what happened when our national flag was designed and when our national anthem was composed

[4] Nigerians are a very creative people and if they are engaged in the design process, what they will come up with will be simply amazing

[5] For Nike, this is simple economics. If they go ahead and arrogantly produce a kit which the fans do not want, nobody will buy it. If they want to sell millions of tops in the run-up to the World Cup, they have no choice other than to go with what the fans want. If they insist on producing a kit which we the fans do not approve of, we will boycott it

[6] We the fans find it totally unacceptable that Nike are treating us with such disdain and contempt. Nigeria is a country of 180m people, the largest black nation on the planet, a regular attendee at the World Cup and a footballing nation that is on the cusp of doing something dramatic at Russia 2018. We demand that Nike treat us with the same respect as they do their other teams such as England, Brazil, France and Australia for instance

[7] There is no way on earth that the fans of any of these other countries would accept a bland kit imposed on them without their input or approval. We are highly insulted that Nigeria can be treated with such disdain

[8] Nike should immediately halt the production of that bland kit immediately and start work on this new one which the fans want

[9] If Mr Pinnick cannot give the fans a kit they want, his position as NFF chairman has become untenable. We will call for his immediate removal if he does not represent the fans and their wishes

[10] There is absolutely nothing preventing Nike from starting work on this new kit now. I believe that if Brazil or England want a new kit, they would get it. The World Cup does not start until June and we do not play our next friendly game until March. Anything other than this is totally unacceptable to us the fans.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

The Algeria/Argentina kit is not for the world cup.