Onyekuru given second public dressing down.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Onyekuru given second public dressing down.

Post by paj »

Ugbowo wrote:Well you bring up Jose.

Jose will dress you down when he wants to get his message to you but he will also praise you to the high heavens when you do right.

So far, every time I read about this coach on Henry, it's negative. There's no acknowledgements of the tools that got him to the top. Just harping on the negative.

I don't like it at all.
But bros if a YOUNG player is using the public or making public his intent, don't U think his miscalculation should be diminished in public? I think every coach not only wants a player that will help him win but also one he can manage...what if he's tried it in private and dude just wont listen? I wont pretend to know the details of his situation but could his head be getting big? remember the Pep/Yaya public spat?

Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

paj wrote:

Jose will dress you down when he wants to get his message to you but he will also praise you to the high heavens when you do right.

So far, every time I read about this coach on Henry, it's negative. There's no acknowledgements of the tools that got him to the top. Just harping on the negative.

I don't like it at all.
But bros if a YOUNG player is using the public or making public his intent, don't U think his miscalculation should be diminished in public? I think every coach not only wants a player that will help him win but also one he can manage...what if he's tried it in private and dude just wont listen? I wont pretend to know the details of his situation but could his head be getting big? remember the Pep/Yaya public spat?

Pa
Please provide links to what Onyekuru said publicly. Thanks.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

danfo driver wrote:
paj wrote:

I don't like it at all.

Pa
After claims of Barcelona interest, which were almost certainly nonsense, and Oneykuru’s public desire to return to parent club Everton in January, Vanhaezebrouck hasn’t been afraid to bring the player down a peg or two.
..from the topic posting..
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

players don't think like fans, they're warriors, if he thinks he's ready then he's ready for fight for a position @ Everton.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

For those saying the coach has it out for him, all he would have to do is give him the Musa treatment and move on, you might not agree with his tactics but he is still giving the bobo chances to show him what he has and he doesn't really have to. I'd rather focus on the points he brought up rather than quibble about the motives behind it. Are the things he mentioned true or not? To me they align with what ppl have said on this same board.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

maceo4 wrote:For those saying the coach has it out for him, all he would have to do is give him the Musa treatment and move on, you might not agree with his tactics but he is still giving the bobo chances to show him what he has and he doesn't really have to. I'd rather focus on the points he brought up rather than quibble about the motives behind it. Are the things he mentioned true or not? To me they align with what ppl have said on this same board.
bench your goal scorer :rotf:
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

maceo4 wrote:For those saying the coach has it out for him, all he would have to do is give him the Musa treatment and move on, you might not agree with his tactics but he is still giving the bobo chances to show him what he has and he doesn't really have to. I'd rather focus on the points he brought up rather than quibble about the motives behind it. Are the things he mentioned true or not? To me they align with what ppl have said on this same board.
Would you rather get a public dressing down in front of your colleagues or would u prefer to get a one on one consultation in your workplace?

I'm just not a big believer in continuous negative talk especially for a 19 yr old. I would love to see balance from the coach.....something like "Henry has unbelievable talent and has all the tools to go places. I've spoken to him about certain aspects of his game that I feel if he improves on it, will take him to the next level"....you will not hear pim from me if he says that.

I'll tell Henry to listen to his coach and chill.

But these 2 back to back reports get as e be. If I'm his agent, I'm demanding answers from the coach.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Not sure what to make of this one. It sounds like a spurned coach hitting back at a player who has expressed a desire to be somewhere else.

No be only last week here this same man came out and said that Onyekuru is only thinking of the world cup and is not concerned about Anderlecht?
Oh really? I wasn't even aware of that. Yeah it sounds like a slighted coach to me.
Slighted because Onyerkuru isn't doing as asked?

I've watched him a few times and he is a bit selfish tbh. Not always a bad thing but it can be when at the detriment to the team.

i take it you were there when he was asked?
No need for me to be there when I can read the article and infer from what the coach has said.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

paj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
paj wrote:

I don't like it at all.

Pa
After claims of Barcelona interest, which were almost certainly nonsense, and Oneykuru’s public desire to return to parent club Everton in January, Vanhaezebrouck hasn’t been afraid to bring the player down a peg or two.
The answers to some of these questions are all in the article, some people just need to take a deep breath and read it again.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

His hands may be tied there because loan arrangements often require playing time...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Goldleaf wrote:Not looking good for Onyekuru. The coach obviously does not think much if him judging by his regular stint on the bench. Henry has no more excuses to ram the coach's words far down his throat with solid performances from now on. When I rightly stated that Henry has not shown the desire to improve, the likes of Gotti were too quick to jump on my back.
Just as Wenger saying that Iwobi must add more goals to his game proves that Iwobi lacks ambition... :roll:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ugbowo wrote:I am all for telling a player as is.....but not in the press.

I am not sure what this coach is trying to do by publicly humiliating Henry 2 weeks in a row.....this day and age, you'll more than likely lose the player than have him come ur way. I don't know what has been said in private but I'll prefer it stays there.
Kpom! :clap:

I have personally proffered several times on this forum about what I perceive to be Onyekuru’s shortcomings and have persistently argued with Ayo that the 2018 WC may ultimately come to early for his development. Nonetheless, there is the irony though is that many of those quick to support the coach here would be pretty much the same folks quick to jump down any indigenous SE coach for publicly criticizing players or saying (which is effectively what this coach is saying about Onyekuru) that players did not play according to instruction. SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

paj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
paj wrote:

I don't like it at all.

Pa
Could you please provide a link to quotes from Onyekuru making public, his desire to return to his parent club, Everton.

Let me show you something:
Obama has publicly stated that he is a woman.
Now, do you believe the statement about Obama? Or would you like to see quotes or a video of Obama making that claim? Thanks.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

airwolex wrote:I really like the look of what I see on youtube, but it's youtube. He'd better do well just to trust his coach, Nigerian football is full of all this Dimeji Lawalish and Pius Ikediaish footballers that are very exciting to watch but not very effective.
Some would demur that 24 goals and league top scorer in first full season is quite “effective” :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ugbowo wrote:
Would you rather get a public dressing down in front of your colleagues or would u prefer to get a one on one consultation in your workplace?

I'm just not a big believer in continuous negative talk especially for a 19 yr old. I would love to see balance from the coach.....something like "Henry has unbelievable talent and has all the tools to go places. I've spoken to him about certain aspects of his game that I feel if he improves on it, will take him to the next level"....you will not hear pim from me if he says that.

I'll tell Henry to listen to his coach and chill.

But these 2 back to back reports get as e be. If I'm his agent, I'm demanding answers from the coach.
Enomwanren... in a normal world, yes. However, in this case, I will advise Henry to run! He is not owned by Anderlecht. I think it was a mistake for him to even return to Belgium. he is too big for that league. how can you be a bench warmer and be competing for highest goals scorer. :lol: :lol: he should have been loaned to france or germany.

He needs to run!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Not sure what to make of this one. It sounds like a spurned coach hitting back at a player who has expressed a desire to be somewhere else.

No be only last week here this same man came out and said that Onyekuru is only thinking of the world cup and is not concerned about Anderlecht?
Oh really? I wasn't even aware of that. Yeah it sounds like a slighted coach to me.
Slighted because Onyerkuru isn't doing as asked?

I've watched him a few times and he is a bit selfish tbh. Not always a bad thing but it can be when at the detriment to the team.

i take it you were there when he was asked?
No need for me to be there when I can read the article and infer from what the coach has said.
Cool. When are you also going to infer from Henry Onyekuru? There are two opinions here. The coach and Henry's. Or are you saying the coach is truthful and henry is a liar?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:
paj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
paj wrote:

I don't like it at all.

Pa
The answers to some of these questions are all in the article, some people just need to take a deep breath and read it again.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No, they arent. The Article does not have ONE QUOTE from Henry! What type of Journalism is that. As a journalist, you are required to get the opinion of both sides and print it. They claim Henry has BEEN TALKING, so it wont be hard to get his opinion? right?

its easy to write an article with the words of a white man taken as gospel and the black boy demonized as arrogant etc etc.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The YeyeMan wrote:No need for me to be there when I can read the article and infer from what the coach has said.
Why “infer” when there are direct quotes from the player himself? :D
https://www.si.com/soccer/2017/10/25/ev ... ico-madrid
Everton Loanee Henry Onyekuru Addresses Rumours Linking Him to Juventus & Atletico Madrid
By 90Min October 25, 2017

Everton loanee Henry Onyekuru has responded to the rumours linking him with a future move to Juventus and Atletico Madrid.

The 20-year-old joined the Toffees from Belgium club KAS Eupen for £7m during the summer, having scored 24 goals last season.

But he has not yet qualified for a work permit and was immediately loaned to Anderlecht, where he has found the net seven times in 15 appearances.

There has been repeated speculation linking Onyekuru with a permanent transfer away from Goodison Park, but he has insisted that he will have no say on his future.

“I’m aware that there are reports and offers from several teams, but Everton will decide that in the coming weeks,” Onyekuru told Complete Sports.

“My focus is on my game and I hope to do better for Anderlecht. The future will sort itself.”

Despite not having played a game for his parent club, Onyekuru's form in Belgium has caught the eye of some of Europe's elite.

The excellent progress of the youngster has seen his value potentially double, with the Mirror reporting that he could be sold for £15m.

Onyekuru's form will have rubbed salt into the wounds for Everton, who have struggled for goals so far this season and been unable to replace the prolific Romelu Lukaku.

Everton cannot recall the highly-rated striker, who made his international debut for Nigeria earlier this year and is expected to earn a call-up for their World Cup squad.
Last edited by Gotti on Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:Cool. When are you also going to infer from Henry Onyekuru? There are two opinions here. The coach and Henry's. Or are you saying the coach is truthful and henry is a liar?
Haven't said Henry is a liar or that the coach is being truthful so I'm not sure what perspective you're coming from tbh. The coach has asked for something from the player and has said the player isn't giving it to him. You may not agree with the coach's approach of airing this in public - I don't - but he's clearly dissatisfied with the player. The player, as far as I know, hasn't commented on the coach's words. So this isn't a matter of determining which one of them is being truthful.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Gotti wrote:Why “infer” when there are direct quotes from the player himself? :D

That's all fine - although it doesn't answer the points the coach made about Onyekuru's playing style. That's the point I was replying to - not about the coach feeling "slighted" or "spurned".
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:No need for me to be there when I can read the article and infer from what the coach has said.
Why “infer” when there are direct quotes from the player himself? :D
Everton Loanee Henry Onyekuru Addresses Rumours Linking Him to Juventus & Atletico Madrid
By 90Min October 25, 2017

Everton loanee Henry Onyekuru has responded to the rumours linking him with a future move to Juventus and Atletico Madrid.

The 20-year-old joined the Toffees from Belgium club KAS Eupen for £7m during the summer, having scored 24 goals last season.

But he has not yet qualified for a work permit and was immediately loaned to Anderlecht, where he has found the net seven times in 15 appearances.

There has been repeated speculation linking Onyekuru with a permanent transfer away from Goodison Park, but he has insisted that he will have no say on his future.

“I’m aware that there are reports and offers from several teams, but Everton will decide that in the coming weeks,” Onyekuru told Complete Sports.

“My focus is on my game and I hope to do better for Anderlecht. The future will sort itself.”

Despite not having played a game for his parent club, Onyekuru's form in Belgium has caught the eye of some of Europe's elite.

The excellent progress of the youngster has seen his value potentially double, with the Mirror reporting that he could be sold for £15m.

Onyekuru's form will have rubbed salt into the wounds for Everton, who have struggled for goals so far this season and been unable to replace the prolific Romelu Lukaku.

Everton cannot recall the highly-rated striker, who made his international debut for Nigeria earlier this year and is expected to earn a call-up for their World Cup squad.
Inference is more effective than fact :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Cool. When are you also going to infer from Henry Onyekuru? There are two opinions here. The coach and Henry's. Or are you saying the coach is truthful and henry is a liar?
Haven't said Henry is a liar or that the coach is being truthful so I'm not sure what perspective you're coming from tbh. The coach has asked for something from the player and has said the player isn't giving it to him. You may not agree with the coach's approach of airing this in public - I don't - but he's clearly dissatisfied with the player. The player, as far as I know, hasn't commented on the coach's words. So this isn't a matter of determining which one of them is being truthful.
To be honest, thats not even my concern. Ask Gotti, he was the one who answered my question last week. The last few weeks i have just been noticing something that has not sat well with me, as regards that coach and Onyekuru.

Honestly, I feel like the coach came in and he simply does not rate Henry or Henry does NOT fit into his plans... which is not a problem. However, Anderlecht did quite a lot to bring henry to the club. They fought to buy him and he rejected them. They were later able to then get him on loan. So clearly, the club (former manager and perhaps management) rate him very highly. And possibly Everton demanded on the loan agreement that Henry must play a certain number of games. so perhaps, the coach feels pressure to include a player he simply does not want and because of that frustration, he is taking it out on the player.

The above has been my feeling since last week, when Gotti confirmed that the coach that brought Henry in was replaced as far back as September. I didnt need this Article released today to have that feeling, honestly.

I believe Henry should put his head down and continue to work very hard. But on December 18th, when they go on break, henry should say good bye to everybody at Anderlecht and run 40/40. :lol: This is so much deeper than "i want to improve this player." Its obvious.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Not quite sure what the coach is trying to achieve or how effective it is to criticize Onyekeru publicly. However, I wonder if Rohr shares a similar opinion as the coach, considering he didn't start against Algeria and that he was an unused sub against Argentina. Rohr may also not rate Onyekeru as highly as many on this forum rate him. I am only speculating though.