Onyekuru given second public dressing down.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Onyekuru given second public dressing down.

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote:
airwolex wrote:I really like the look of what I see on youtube, but it's youtube. He'd better do well just to trust his coach, Nigerian football is full of all this Dimeji Lawalish and Pius Ikediaish footballers that are very exciting to watch but not very effective.
Ikedia was better and more effective than Okocha. Let's not diminish the contribution of our past players.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

MURDS!!!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

1naija wrote:
airwolex wrote:I really like the look of what I see on youtube, but it's youtube. He'd better do well just to trust his coach, Nigerian football is full of all this Dimeji Lawalish and Pius Ikediaish footballers that are very exciting to watch but not very effective.
Ikedia was better and more effective than Okocha. Let's not diminish the contribution of our past players.

No mind dem....they must be confusing the great Pius Ikedia with Pius Ndiefi
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
1naija wrote:

I forgot about that guy. For house, we thought he was calabar. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
1naija wrote:

I forgot about that guy. For house, we thought he was calabar. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Very handsome guy... :P
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Onyekuru Gets Ready for Make-or-Break WC Nigerian Camp
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

No praises from this manager yet. I think whenever he brings up Onyekuru in his press conferences, it's to say something negative

1. Onyekuru comes central too much, I want him to stay wide but he keeps joining the middle.
2. Onyekuru is already mentally in the Nigerian camp
3. Onyekuru is not a striker. He thinks he is but he isn't
4. Onyekuru dribbles too much...
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Moses Simon has come out to criticize his last coach (Onyekuru's new coach). When asked why he's been playing well lately (3 goals and 2 assists in his last 3 games) he said he had to defend more under Vanhaezebrouck and he was playing more like a wingback.

His new coach on the other hand emphasizes dribbling and one-on-one situations with the knowledge that the other team after seeing one defender being dribbled too many times will resort to putting multiple defenders on the dribbler. This leaves other attackers in the team free.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

txj wrote:He would be well advised to make the very best of his stay at Anderlect and not be in a rush to go to Everton under David Unsworth. Atm, Everton is not a team I would wish even for Ezenwa!
:lol: :lol: :lol: ok this was funny
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Onyekuru scores again today, :thumbs: numbers don't lie, haters can jump in a lake
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

In my opinion, There’s no way Simon Moses should be ahead of Onyekuru in super eagles team. Onyekuru pace/skills is needed at super eagles
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

john12 wrote:In my opinion, There’s no way Simon Moses should be ahead of Onyekuru in super eagles team. Onyekuru pace/skills is needed at super eagles
Both can be accommodated in the squad. The place up for grabs is Musa’s
To stop trying is to start dying
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Musa is too experienced classy and is a world class talent on his day. His previous World Cup performance shouldn’t be negated because of the unfortunate situation. No way will I drop experienced musa (13 goals) for an inexperienced rookie. It’s either we drop Simon Moses or idk
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

john12 wrote:Musa is too experienced classy and is a world class talent on his day. His previous World Cup performance shouldn’t be negated because of the unfortunate situation. No way will I drop experienced musa (13 goals) for an inexperienced rookie. It’s either we drop Simon Moses or idk
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Onyekuru is a class player in the making. He is our new Finidi. We need to hone him, at worst take him as our joker. He is too good to not take.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Onyekuru and finidi are not similar players. Onyekuru is a wing/forward while finidi is a traditional winger. I do believe that he should be given more chance to impress ahead of the World Cup. However, not at the expense of Pacy/Experienced Ahmed musa
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

9jaMan wrote:Onyekuru scores again today, :thumbs: numbers don't lie, haters can jump in a lake

You can't keep a good man down. Onyekuru's talking is done on the pitch!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

john12 wrote:Onyekuru and finidi are not similar players. Onyekuru is a wing/forward while finidi is a traditional winger. I do believe that he should be given more chance to impress ahead of the World Cup. However, not at the expense of Pacy/Experienced Ahmed musa
Given Musa's zero playing time he is the first on the chopping block. And Onyekuru is just as pacy.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Musa would sort out his club situation hopefully by January even at that Onyekuru is not going to displace an experienced useful player easily. Btw, Musa is super eagles fastest player he would be very useful coming off the bench. If there’s anyone Onyekuru should displace is Simon Moses. Unfortunately, it seems like Moses is the coach favorite. Musa is one of the few super eagles player that’s World class “on their day” I have seen him destroy the likes of Barcelona, Argentina on his day without impunity
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Joesph Akpala was once top scorer in Belgium. ...... Just. Finished watching 2nd half of lokeren v Anderlect the defending for Oyeruru goal well let's just say watch it. For. Yourself
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote:Joesph Akpala was once top scorer in Belgium. ...... Just. Finished watching 2nd half of lokeren v Anderlect the defending for Oyeruru goal well let's just say watch it. For. Yourself
Are you minding them...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Joesph Akpala was once top scorer in Belgium. ...... Just. Finished watching 2nd half of lokeren v Anderlect the defending for Oyeruru goal well let's just say watch it. For. Yourself
Are you minding them...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I dont know why you guys are hurt about this. If you hate Onyekuru so much, and Rohr doesnt want him. FIne! Whats the big deal!??? Onyekuru will go one with his career and his life and Nigeria will go on with theirs.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Are you minding them...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I dont know why you guys are hurt about this. If you hate Onyekuru so much, and Rohr doesnt want him. FIne! Whats the big deal!??? Onyekuru will go one with his career and his life and Nigeria will go on with theirs.
If he is good he would be a great addition to the World Cup squad how ever I would like him to score in the champions league and I would like to see him in a better league than the Belgium league.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:
Are you minding them...
The defending was BETTER than Arsenal's on Man Utd's 2d goal today...

Personally, I think that Onyekuru still has a lot of developing to do and stands only an outside chance of making it to Russia, but the talent and his accomplishments thus far is UNDENIABLE, and thus I just cannot fathom the dislike (if not hatred) for the lad from some sections of CE. If the defending is so atrocious in the Belgian League, one ponders how come other players (including a SE starter) is not scoring at the same clip as Henry. Meanwhile, Onyekuru's goal (his second winning goal in consecutive league games) was very well taken (see tail end of the relatively fuzzy video below), picking out his spot in a crowded goal mouth, and some of you would best be served just giving credit where due.

[/video]

PS: And Abdul Ajagun also got on the scoring sheet tonight...
With the opening goal for Kotrijk in their 4-1 victory over Beveren.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL