Onyekuru given second public dressing down.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Onyekuru given second public dressing down.

Post by danfo driver »

Flex Swift wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Joesph Akpala was once top scorer in Belgium. ...... Just. Finished watching 2nd half of lokeren v Anderlect the defending for Oyeruru goal well let's just say watch it. For. Yourself
Are you minding them...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I dont know why you guys are hurt about this. If you hate Onyekuru so much, and Rohr doesnt want him. FIne! Whats the big deal!??? Onyekuru will go one with his career and his life and Nigeria will go on with theirs.
If he is good he would be a great addition to the World Cup squad how ever I would like him to score in the champions league and I would like to see him in a better league than the Belgium league.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Joesph Akpala was once top scorer in Belgium. ...... Just. Finished watching 2nd half of lokeren v Anderlect the defending for Oyeruru goal well let's just say watch it. For. Yourself
Are you minding them...
The defending was BETTER than Arsenal's on Man Utd's 2d goal today...

Personally, I think that Onyekuru still has a lot of developing to do and stands only an outside chance of making it to Russia, but the talent and his accomplishments thus far is UNDENIABLE, and thus I just cannot fathom the dislike (if not hatred) for the lad from some sections of CE. If the defending is so atrocious in the Belgian League, one ponders how come other players (including a SE starter) is not scoring at the same clip as Henry. Meanwhile, Onyekuru's goal (his second winning goal in consecutive league games) was very well taken (see tail end of the relatively fuzzy video below), picking out his spot in a crowded goal mouth, and some of you would best be served just giving credit where due.

[/video]

PS: And Abdul Ajagun also got on the scoring sheet tonight...
With the opening goal for Kotrijk in their 4-1 victory over Beveren.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The hatred is remarkable. :lol: I thought about it and Onyekuru hasnt been in the super eagles long enough to do anything to make them hate him. So, Personally, I dont even think it has anything to do with Henry. I think they just dont want their clients to lose their place.

Like I said, there should be no hatred. If Nigeria doesnt want Onyekuru, there is no problem. Everyone should go on with their lives. The world will NOT end. Onyekuru should concentrate on his career and try to improve, as well as taking care of his family. Nigeria should move forward and try to succeed with the players we have. simple as that. o pa ri o!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Are you minding them...

Personally, I think that Onyekuru still has a lot of developing to do and stands only an outside chance of making it to Russia, but the talent and his accomplishments thus far is UNDENIABLE, and thus I just cannot fathom the dislike (if not hatred) for the lad from some sections of CE. If the defending is so atrocious in the Belgian League, one ponders how come other players (including a SE starter) is not scoring at the same clip as Henry. Meanwhile, Onyekuru's goal (his second winning goal in consecutive league games) was very well taken (see tail end of the relatively fuzzy video below), picking out his spot in a crowded goal mouth, and some of you would best be served just giving credit where due.

[/video]

The hatred is remarkable. :lol: I thought about it and Onyekuru hasnt been in the super eagles long enough to do anything to make them hate him. So, Personally, I dont even think it has anything to do with Henry. I think they just dont want their clients to lose their place.

Like I said, there should be no hatred. If Nigeria doesnt want Onyekuru, there is no problem. Everyone should go on with their lives. The world will NOT end. Onyekuru should concentrate on his career and try to improve, as well as taking care of his family. Nigeria should move forward and try to succeed with the players we have. simple as that. o pa ri o!
Ok Henry is a great player, are you happy now? Does it hurt less? :???:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:
john12 wrote:Musa is too experienced classy and is a world class talent on his day. His previous World Cup performance shouldn’t be negated because of the unfortunate situation. No way will I drop experienced musa (13 goals) for an inexperienced rookie. It’s either we drop Simon Moses or idk
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is nothing one will not hear on this site. Anyway, as for those caught between Musa and Simon, I have one simple solution- we will be leaving both of them at home!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Are you minding them...

[/video]

:lol: :lol: :lol: I couldnt care less. Who ever Rohr decides to take the the world cup, the team will have my unparalleled support! We are going to Russia to win the world cup! With or without Onyekuru, I couldn't give a fook!

Unlike some people who will only support Nigeria if Enyeama is selected. Hope you received something yesterday? Dont forget that Madam will not tolerate yam and palm oil for christmas. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Are you minding them...

[/video]

:lol: :lol: :lol: I couldnt care less. Who ever Rohr decides to take the the world cup, the team will have my unparalleled support! We are going to Russia to win the world cup! With or without Onyekuru, I couldn't give a fook!

Unlike some people who will only support Nigeria if Enyeama is selected. Hope you received something yesterday? Dont forget that Madam will not tolerate yam and palm oil for christmas. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But look how much you are writing about a subject you could care less about...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Are you minding them...

[/video]

Yam and Palm Oil. :lol: :lol: :lol: Tell madam that Enyeama's deposit should hit account, gba gam, before christmas! Or else! :lol: :lol: :lol:
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Are you minding them...

[/video]

You got me there as I didn’t watch the Arsenal game I am only interested in games our players feature. The finish was good but he didn’t do anything else in the game didn’t make a single tackle and dribbled less than in other games maybe due to instruction. In other words he would have to do more for Nigeria to hold down a regular place unless he is played as centre forward where all that is required is to score. The way 9ja plays all 11 have to contribute no passengers.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Because someone doesnt agree with selection of a player - it doesnt mean hate.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

marutimon wrote:Onyekuru is a class player in the making. He is our new Finidi. We need to hone him, at worst take him as our joker. He is too good to not take.

Indeed, shows how young you are because i don't think you ever watched finidi play. Findi was the best number 7 for two full years in the world. Euro sports and other media outlet gave that number to him.

putting him in the same class as finidi is an insult. go and watch his games with ajax on video before you write what you are writing above.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Cristao II wrote:Because someone doesnt agree with selection of a player - it doesnt mean hate.
its just so stupid what i read here sometimes
smh
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Did I say he's as good as Finidi? No, but he could be.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Onyekuru, Nigeria needs you to come of age at Russia 2018. Who do we take as our fourth wideman though out of:

Noah Bazee
Emmanuel Bonaventure
Cyriel Dessers
Anthony Nwakaeme

I think it is a given that Victor Moses, Kelechi Iheanacho and Henry Onyekuru will be on the plane to Russia.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Flex Swift wrote:You got me there as I didn’t watch the Arsenal game I am only interested in games our players feature. The finish was good but he didn’t do anything else in the game didn’t make a single tackle and dribbled less than in other games maybe due to instruction. In other words he would have to do more for Nigeria to hold down a regular place unless he is played as centre forward where all that is required is to score. The way 9ja plays all 11 have to contribute no passengers.
I noted that on other threads....
My opinion is that his confidence is low and he’s doing less of the things that brought him to notice.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cristao II wrote:Because someone doesnt agree with selection of a player - it doesnt mean hate.
First, as a colloquialism that’s exactly what ‘hating’ means...
Nonetheless, I am pretty certain that VE literally hates Ahmed Musa and a few other players.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The interesting fact for me is that Henry Onyekuru is used as a left wing back. That seems to contradict the popular contention that Onyekuru doesn’t defend. I think our tactical options in Russia are on the rise :!:

Cheers.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

marutimon wrote:Did I say he's as good as Finidi? No, but he could be.
I doubt it. Finidi is more brain, while Henry is pace and dribbling.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Onyekuru, Nigeria needs you to come of age at Russia 2018. Who do we take as our fourth wideman though out of:

Noah Bazee
Emmanuel Bonaventure
Cyriel Dessers
Anthony Nwakaeme

I think it is a given that Victor Moses, Kelechi Iheanacho and Henry Onyekuru will be on the plane to Russia.
Replace Henry Onyekuru with Moses Simon.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Lolly wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Onyekuru, Nigeria needs you to come of age at Russia 2018. Who do we take as our fourth wideman though out of:

Noah Bazee
Emmanuel Bonaventure
Cyriel Dessers
Anthony Nwakaeme

Looks like you want to come home after three games.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:The interesting fact for me is that Henry Onyekuru is used as a left wing back. That seems to contradict the popular contention that Onyekuru doesn’t defend. I think our tactical options in Russia are on the rise :!:

Cheers.
He's a left forward...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Noah Bazee
Emmanuel Bonaventure
Cyriel Dessers
Anthony Nwakaeme

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

maceo4 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:The interesting fact for me is that Henry Onyekuru is used as a left wing back. That seems to contradict the popular contention that Onyekuru doesn’t defend. I think our tactical options in Russia are on the rise :!:

Cheers.
He's a left forward...
OK, so you know better than his own team which classified him as a left wing back :!:

Cheers.