Onyekuru given second public dressing down.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Onyekuru given second public dressing down.

Post by smartbrother »

Damunk wrote:Hmmmmm.....
Maybe Onyekuru needs to pay more attention. It could be he believes he is already the finished business.
A little humility is always a good thing - whether the coach is right or not.
Alex Iwobi is a good example.
Maybe so but this manager sounds like an arsehole who has something against Henry
How can somebody who is the second highest scorer in Belgium be a "negative" to the team
Onyekuru should just toe the line for now and once his work permit arrives tell this hater where to stick it
Last edited by smartbrother on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Ugbowo wrote:I am all for telling a player as is.....but not in the press.

I am not sure what this coach is trying to do by publicly humiliating Henry 2 weeks in a row.....this day and age, you'll more than likely lose the player than have him come ur way. I don't know what has been said in private but I'll prefer it stays there.
Thank you sir,
WHat does he mean it is not about his goals, the boy is 19 and scoring, without his goals they would be an average Belgia team,
I look at other flair players like him at his age they were encouraged, they were called special talents and treated as such/ I remember C RON stinking up the joint at MANU/ Instead of trring to get the best out of the boy, you are humiliating him publicly.
See how Pep worked with Raheem, we didnt hear pim, he game him confidence that is what a proper coach should do.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Not sure what to make of this one. It sounds like a spurned coach hitting back at a player who has expressed a desire to be somewhere else.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Prince wrote:

I am not sure what this coach is trying to do by publicly humiliating Henry 2 weeks in a row.....this day and age, you'll more than likely lose the player than have him come ur way. I don't know what has been said in private but I'll prefer it stays there.
Thank you sir,
WHat does he mean it is not about his goals, the boy is 19 and scoring, without his goals they would be an average Belgia team,
I look at other flair players like him at his age they were encouraged, they were called special talents and treated as such/ I remember C RON stinking up the joint at MANU/ Instead of trring to get the best out of the boy, you are humiliating him publicly.
See how Pep worked with Raheem, we didnt hear pim, he game him confidence that is what a proper coach should do.
Kpom These are confidence damaging words
Also very vague unspecific criticisms- Usually a sign the manager simply doesn't like his face
I bet you this coach wouldn't say such stuff in public about talented young (white) Belgian players
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

smartbrother wrote:
Prince wrote:

Thank you sir,
Kpom These are confidence damaging words
Also very vague unspecific criticisms- Usually a sign the manager simply doesn't like his face
I bet you this coach wouldn't say such stuff in public about talented young (white) Belgian players
Apart from confidence damaging it is also career damaging because other coaches will be picking up the comments, potential buyers of the boy.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Goldleaf wrote:Not looking good for Onyekuru. The coach obviously does not think much if him judging by his regular stint on the bench.
Alternative facts folks
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Onyekuru is a young player (truly 19 years old) that wants to improve more than we want him to and more than his coach wants him to improve. I'm sure he'll be alright because he wants to be better, not because this coach is calling him out in public.

Van whatever coached Moses Simon for 3 years, rarely called him out publicly and the boy didn't improve much within those 3 years...
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Onyekuru is still learning his trade. His natural inclination is to run with the ball and take on his opponent. I've said this before and will repeat it again, he needs to show a bit more intelligence with the timing of his runs and use of the ball. He needs to improve on his team play and improve on his tackling.

A young Victor Moses was like this at Wigan. Now he knows when to make his runs and his dribbling has a high success rate and low ball turnover ratio. Rohr has seen all this up close in training and why in my opinion isn't buying all the CE hype.

The coach has probably gone public to address an attitude that may have developed in the dressing room or to sound a reality check to counter the hype his agent may be creating in the media to pump his stock, which might be going to the boys head.

Regardless he needs to put his head down, work hard and let his feet do the talking.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Mr Shows wrote:Onyekuru is still learning his trade. His natural inclination is to run with the ball and take on his opponent. I've said this before and will repeat it again, he needs to show a bit more intelligence with the timing of his runs and use of the ball. He needs to improve on his team play and improve on his tackling.

A young Victor Moses was like this at Wigan. Now he knows when to make his runs and his dribbling has a high success rate and low ball turnover ratio. Rohr has seen all this up close in training and why in my opinion isn't buying all the CE hype.

The coach has probably gone public to address an attitude that may have developed in the dressing room or to sound a reality check to counter the hype his agent may be creating in the media to pump his stock, which might be going to the boys head.

Regardless he needs to put his head down, work hard and let his feet do the talking.
Some danfo driver will start shouting n cussing you out, telling you how much of an intelligent player he is, our own Neymar etc etc...based on youtube clips if I may add... :tic:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Chief:

It is possible that the coach has spoken to him in private, and it doesn't appear to have worked. Just speculating here...
He most likely has and he is now frustrated with the player. Hence his decision to go public hoping it will result in a positive response.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

maceo4 wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:Onyekuru is still learning his trade. His natural inclination is to run with the ball and take on his opponent. I've said this before and will repeat it again, he needs to show a bit more intelligence with the timing of his runs and use of the ball. He needs to improve on his team play and improve on his tackling.

Some danfo driver will start shouting n cussing you out, telling you how much of an intelligent player he is, our own Neymar etc etc...based on youtube clips if I may add... :tic:
You are twerking to Mr Shows post :tic: :sneaky:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote:
Maybe Onyekuru needs to pay more attention. It could be he believes he is already the finished business.

Is he just him, many here on CE believe he is finished business. Football is not just dribbling and being on the scoresheet. You are part of a TEAM.

Its interesting how both of you automatically picked sides with the coach.

I have noticed this for a while and I asked a question last week whether this coach wanted Onyekuru, and Gotti confirmed that the coach that wanted Onyekuru was replaced by this man. There is clearly something in this relationship and I dont know if his man does not like Onyekuru, but his public comments about the player are quite strong and repetitive.

I would say that it is good for a player to play for a coach that challenges him, as it will only make him a better player. However, this specific case is a bit worrying. it seems this man simply does not like him.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote:
Prince wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Is it just him, many here on CE believe he is finished business. Football is not just dribbling and being on the scoresheet. You are part of a TEAM.
Am very weary of coaches that are trying to supporess the natural talent of our guys. I think he is better off playing for a coach that will nurture this talents.
Prince,

I actually think this coach recognizes Henry's talent. If not, Henry would be accumulating dust and cobwebs sitting on the bench. Like Trump says".... believe me." In any case, think Victor Moses. Victor was similar at an earlier stage but see how his career has blossomed since he realized that this is a TEAM sport.

I hope so, but his comments and behavior since September has been strange. Literally, I had to ask last week whether this guy was the one who purchased Henry. His attitude towards the player has been quite bad. I dont get it.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:Not sure what to make of this one. It sounds like a spurned coach hitting back at a player who has expressed a desire to be somewhere else.

No be only last week here this same man came out and said that Onyekuru is only thinking of the world cup and is not concerned about Anderlecht?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Not sure what to make of this one. It sounds like a spurned coach hitting back at a player who has expressed a desire to be somewhere else.

No be only last week here this same man came out and said that Onyekuru is only thinking of the world cup and is not concerned about Anderlecht?
Oh really? I wasn't even aware of that. Yeah it sounds like a slighted coach to me.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Oh really? I wasn't even aware of that. Yeah it sounds like a slighted coach to me.
Slighted because Onyerkuru isn't doing as asked?

I've watched him a few times and he is a bit selfish tbh. Not always a bad thing but it can be when at the detriment to the team.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

The YeyeMan wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I've watched him a few times and he is a bit selfish tbh. Not always a bad thing but it can be when at the detriment to the team.
score less goals and make more assist as a striker? The guy is talking rubbish
Oya back to the matter
open and close
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Enugu II wrote:

Is he just him, many here on CE believe he is finished business. Football is not just dribbling and being on the scoresheet. You are part of a TEAM.
Lol. I won't mention names but I hope Ayo read that article. :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

i take it you were there when he was asked?
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

danfo driver wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Its interesting how both of you automatically picked sides with the coach.

I have noticed this for a while and I asked a question last week whether this coach wanted Onyekuru, and Gotti confirmed that the coach that wanted Onyekuru was replaced by this man. There is clearly something in this relationship and I dont know if his man does not like Onyekuru, but his public comments about the player are quite strong and repetitive.

I would say that it is good for a player to play for a coach that challenges him, as it will only make him a better player. However, this specific case is a bit worrying. it seems this man simply does not like him.
Don't you see the trend . Those who have always castigated Onyekuru for no just cause right away are taking sides with the coach. Please Demonkey cite one incident Ronaldo and Messi are publically berated by their coaches. This is a coach who has shamelessly cast aspersions on 19 year old boy because he wants to play for Super eagles . The guys animosity towards Onyrkuru is absolutely gratuitous . Who are among you that are taking sides with him will like his boss to berate him before the public . I know Enugu 11 is always trying to be expedient for whatever reason I don't why. The fool has no right to make such outrageous comments about 19 year old before the world press . The intent is definitely malicious and insidious . I'm ashamed of those of you who are given a blanket support to this racist. Albeit I'm not surprised about the folks these comments are emanating from. What is this fool of coach trying to do young boy's confidence ? I don't see anything salutary with his acerbic castigation like most of you seem to claim . It is pernicious, deleterious, and damaging to the young boy's career and image . The earlier he leaves this asinine coach the better for him. Shame on all of you who are supporting this buffoon because of your puckish and selfish reasons.
Last edited by bully12 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

“Henry doesn’t currently have the feeling to make the right movements from that position. He may think he can, but on the basis of what I see, it’s clear that he doesn’t have the feeling, he looks for his position, often stands still and doesn’t know where to go.
Ouch! ... but this is abolutely nothing if he's playing for any of the big dawg managers like say .... Jose ... He will dress you down and you will be gratefull to only chop bench for 1 month :lol: ....

Onyekuru never start. He better sit up before morphing into another 'Success' story.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
“Henry doesn’t currently have the feeling to make the right movements from that position. He may think he can, but on the basis of what I see, it’s clear that he doesn’t have the feeling, he looks for his position, often stands still and doesn’t know where to go.
Ouch! ... but this is abolutely nothing if he's playing for any of the big dawg managers like say .... Jose ... He will dress you down and you will be gratefull to only chop bench for 1 month :lol: ....

Onyekuru never start. He better sit up before morphing into another 'Success' story.
I hear you. And personally, i dont mind public dressing down. It can be very very good if it is used to challenge you and bring out the best in you.

My only problem here is that I dont trust this coach. I just dont know why.. I literally had a bad feeling last week and had to ask whether this man was the one who chased Onyekuru. You can see it very clearly that there is a problem, and not a good one.

Many of you can laugh at this or take it lightly. You (not you, G4L) may also immediately support the coach and call the player all sort of names... but the reality is that these people are humans. There is a possibility that on one hand the coach wants to motivate Onyekuru and has the players interest at heart. And there is another possibility that the coach just does not like Onyekuru for whatever reason... you never know. To me, something smells very fishy and not just because of today, but because of what this man has been saying and doing since September.

Good thing is that Onyekuru does not belong to Anderlecht and doesnt have to see this man after the Christmas break in December.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Well you bring up Jose.

Jose will dress you down when he wants to get his message to you but he will also praise you to the high heavens when you do right.

So far, every time I read about this coach on Henry, it's negative. There's no acknowledgements of the tools that got him to the top. Just harping on the negative.

I don't like it at all.