Should African Nations Refuse To Play Libya

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Shownoja
Egg
Egg
Should African Nations Refuse To Play Libya

Post by Shownoja »

Until they sort out this issue of a new slave trade in sub-Saharan Africans? Sports has been used before to gain great political mileage and I believe the time is now for the AU & CAF to show leadership and suspend Libya from all contact with African sports till they return to civility.
To stop trying is to start dying
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Should African Nations Refuse To Play Libya

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Africans won’t do a thing!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I was thinking about the exact thing just yesterday, the time to act is now.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

the facts have to be legally substantiated by the recognized human right agencies either through the UN, ECOWAS, the Hague, before FIFA or CAF can act on it. Mind you even if some rogue groups are doing this and the central government of Libya are helplessly not able to combat such acts it still doesn't rise to Libya being a slave state or whatever term used.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

They need to be banned from CAF and the African union indefinitely.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Shownoja wrote:Until they sort out this issue of a new slave trade in sub-Saharan Africans? Sports has been used before to gain great political mileage and I believe the time is now for the AU & CAF to show leadership and suspend Libya from all contact with African sports till they return to civility.
The root of ignorance is lack of exposure.

Bans limit exposure, which sports tries to fix.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Kabalega wrote:
Shownoja wrote:Until they sort out this issue of a new slave trade in sub-Saharan Africans? Sports has been used before to gain great political mileage and I believe the time is now for the AU & CAF to show leadership and suspend Libya from all contact with African sports till they return to civility.

Will you stop being silly. We have been competing with North African countries for over 60years in organised sports. But that has not stopped them from being racist towards blacks. I guess Apartied South Africa should have being allowed to compete in the 60s 70scand 80s based on your faulty logic.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bret- hart wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Will you stop being silly. We have been competing with North African countries for over 60years in organised sports. But that has not stopped them from being racist towards blacks. I guess Apartied South Africa should have being allowed to compete in the 60s 70scand 80s based on your faulty logic.
KPOM well said.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Nigeria's game with Libya should be played on a neutral ground.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

The YeyeMan wrote:Nigeria's game with Libya should be played on a neutral ground.
why: are we afraid of Libya. Seriously its about time all our so called military might gets thrown around a little bit. I wouldn't mind picking a fight with Libya if it comes down to it. Especially knowing we would be fully backed by most Nations if our players we to be hurt. It would be a reason to go and police up that place just a little bit. We know the North Africans would not do it because it is simply too close for comfort to them
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

The YeyeMan wrote:Nigeria's game with Libya should be played on a neutral ground.
Those motherfuckers should be banned forever! We should send ecomog soldier there to deal with those fuckers
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

jette1 wrote:
why: are we afraid of Libya. Seriously its about time all our so called military might gets thrown around a little bit. I wouldn't mind picking a fight with Libya if it comes down to it. Especially knowing we would be fully backed by most Nations if our players we to be hurt. It would be a reason to go and police up that place just a little bit. We know the North Africans would not do it because it is simply too close for comfort to them
I'm talking about a football game. You're talking military.

The country is not safe and the football game should not be held on that territory. Remember we're taking footballers (civilians) to Tripoli, not army men. The game should be held elsewhere.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

The YeyeMan wrote:
jette1 wrote:
I'm talking about a football game. You're talking military.

The country is not safe and the football game should not be held on that territory. Remember we're taking footballers (civilians) to Tripoli, not army men. The game should be held elsewhere.
Why bother responding to such thoughtless ranting. We have not finished clearing out BH on
our own territory and this 'genius' is proposing a military action in foreign soil and across several
national boundaries.
What Nigeria can do is join with other the international countries to bring the plight
of blacks in Libya to the fore and maybe bring about sanctions and declaring the country a
failed state, since those in charge do not have control of the country. But then, we should
not forget that Nigeria (under GEJ,) was a part to the agreement to get rid of Gadaffi. How
much leverage do we have now?
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

My own personal (and perhaps unpopular) opinion is that we should put in even more effort into doing those frankly basic things that would cause Africans to stop desperately trying to transit through Libya to Europe Of course that's not mutually-exclusive with sanctioning Libya in the interim - albeit there is hardly a functional state to sanction.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Meanwhile Mauritania is forgotten?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

As long as it is not official government policy, Libya cannot be touched. In the case of South Africa, apartheid was government policy.

All of Libya’s games are currently being played on neutral territory, so nothing new there. At the moment, the central government has very little control over the country.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Gotti wrote:My own personal (and perhaps unpopular) opinion is that we should put in even more effort into doing those frankly basic things that would cause Africans to stop desperately trying to transit through Libya to Europe Of course that's not mutually-exclusive with sanctioning Libya in the interim - albeit there is hardly a functional state to sanction.
MY THOUGHT EXACTLY

While sanctions are an interesting idea, what about doing something about conditions that make people make this tragic odyssey? What about educating the nation about the grave risks involved. And finally, individuals need to take responsibility for these stupid decisions.
Bell
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Please, don't blame african nations we should blame the leaders that refused to stop the invasio of libya.

Also libya is a failed state, the government is not in control of all the areas within Libya