OK Mr Pinnick Time to start doing your real Job

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pasamu
Egg
Egg
OK Mr Pinnick Time to start doing your real Job

Post by pasamu »

Will the NFF do their real work and start preparing an even playing field for our team in Russia. Here is what i mean.
USA 94
Remember 94. We were a goal up defending well and with the wing play of Finidi and Amunike we were a real threat on the break. Ariggo sacchi the Italian manager was seen increasingly grabbing his crown jewels as he screamed instructions at his players from the sidelines. At the time it seemed the antics of an increasingly desperate man but was it; maybe it was more than that, maybe it was a tactical instruction to attack not just the Nigerian goal but the Nigerian manhood as well. Maybe it explains the Albertini stamp on Amunikes crown jewels. Ok i joke but not about Albertinis vicious action Anyway nothing was made of this by the NFA or the the clear red that Maldini should have received for dragging back Yekini who was running through on goal in the second half. A goal and a man down at the time surely if Maldini had received the appropriate red it would have been game over. And of course while certain nations would have demanded the whole tourney voided if they had discovered that Maradona was as high as kite in what turned out to be his last official match for Argentina which just so happened to be against Nigeria - a match he was the main difference between defeat and victory - our footballing authorites said zilch.

FRANCE 98
In 98 It wasn’t outrageous pitch decisions which we suffered but outrageous abuse from the fans. The monkey chants from the Spanish stands were loud and prolonged...and they were studiously ignored by the footballing authorites. Racist abuse from Spanish fans was alright then until England players found themselves subjected to it and all of a sudden FIFA decided to act. Why couldn’t our footballing authorities been the first to declare something had to be done.

JAP/KOR2002
Nowadays ex England international Danny Mills can be heard on the BBC giving forthright opinion on controversial footballing issues. He knows what a “stonewall penalty” is and what constitutes a dive. But in 2002 he seemed unaware that charging thru the back of an opponent in the penalty area is a stonewall penalty. Of course his ridiculous foul on Julius aghohowa who was chasing a ball out of the penalty box at the time was ignored and play blithely carried on. (Maybe Mills fierce glare and fierce haircut scared not only Jag but the referee too) In fact the foul has more or less been erased from footballing history as it cannot be found on any you tubes highlights package. The referee had no interest in raising the issue and neither did the BBC who happened to be showing the match. And why should they? But if their lack of interest was understandable why was the NFA silent?

SOUTH AFRICA 2010
In 2010 down to ten men with Greece searching for the go ahead goal, Yobo got his head to an inswinging Greek corner and cleared it. Unfortunately for him the Greek striker Samaras (i think it was) got Yobo. They both fell to the floor clearly dazed by the clash of heads. Play should have been stopped for a freekick to Nigeria and for both players to receive treatment; the referee allowed play to continue. A goal was scored and Yobo was crucified for not getting up (He played the greek player who scored onside) but no one seemed bothered about the fact once again we had been shafted by another refereeing howler. Really ref, your opponent headbutts you as you contest a header you both go down poleaxed and you ref think it will be to Nigeria’s advantage to continue play? Yobo was the one fouled so how could it have been in Nigeria’s benefit for the game to continue when they were the ones defending the corner? Could such an action have happened against any of the so called big teams? (Actually yes because mistakes do happen but the ref involved after the match would find himself in really hot pepper soup) would it have been ignored and the player who almost had his head taken off be condemned? (again yes but only in Nigeria where the footballing authorites and fans often act as if their own players are the enemy).

BRAZIL 2014
And so on to the last world cup and like the latest installment in the fast and the furious franchise, the errors got bigger, badder and more riduculous. The most marginal of goals disallowed (okay if you are off you are off) two red card offences not properly punished, numerous holding in the box calls not given(remember evra trying to snatch Osaze’s shirt off his back at a corner. The ref saw it and decided a bit of French Kissing didn’t warrant more than a waggle of the finger). 2 maybe 3 handball incidents. After the match, all focus was on Useless Keshi and his egunje boys. Any criticism of the ref was airily brushed aside with the implied suggestion that if Keshi had picked the right players the refereeing conducting the game in a manner clearly to the disadvantage of Nigeria wouldn’t have mattered. Meanwhile England were played off the park by Germany, but because one shot crossed the line and the refereeing crew didn’t see it, thanks to the hulaballoo the English FA raised about the incident we know have goal line technology. Rest assured if half the incidents that happened to us occurred to England, the UN general assembly would have been asked to convene in order to look into the matter of Referee’s bank accounts, eyesight and sanity levels.

Seems it alright to verbally abuse, kung fu tackle, perform surgical boot castrations, head butt, shove and trample over, foul within sight of the referee and hand ball Nigerian players in the world cup, because i can only assume refs know they are Nigerian and nobody will complain. Our fans are too busy rooting blaming players they don’t like for all mishaps and the NFF, who knows if they even watch the game with the shopping and estacode chasing they have to sort out.
On a more serious note we really have to stop allowing our team to be short changed in this manner. So Amaju Pinnick the team has qualified, well done. But may i be bold as to suggest your job is just getting started. Since you love hustling and doing deals for power how about doing a deal so that Nigeria isn’t the wrong end of more poor refereeing.
my times are in HIS hands
highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: OK Mr Pinnick Time to start doing your real Job

Post by highbury »

pasamu wrote:Will the NFF do their real work and start preparing an even playing field for our team in Russia. Here is what i mean.
USA 94
Remember 94. We were a goal up defending well and with the wing play of Finidi and Amunike we were a real threat on the break. Ariggo sacchi the Italian manager was seen increasingly grabbing his crown jewels as he screamed instructions at his players from the sidelines. At the time it seemed the antics of an increasingly desperate man but was it; maybe it was more than that, maybe it was a tactical instruction to attack not just the Nigerian goal but the Nigerian manhood as well. Maybe it explains the Albertini stamp on Amunikes crown jewels. Ok i joke but not about Albertinis vicious action Anyway nothing was made of this by the NFA or the the clear red that Maldini should have received for dragging back Yekini who was running through on goal in the second half. A goal and a man down at the time surely if Maldini had received the appropriate red it would have been game over. And of course while certain nations would have demanded the whole tourney voided if they had discovered that Maradona was as high as kite in what turned out to be his last official match for Argentina which just so happened to be against Nigeria - a match he was the main difference between defeat and victory - our footballing authorites said zilch.

FRANCE 98
In 98 It wasn’t outrageous pitch decisions which we suffered but outrageous abuse from the fans. The monkey chants from the Spanish stands were loud and prolonged...and they were studiously ignored by the footballing authorites. Racist abuse from Spanish fans was alright then until England players found themselves subjected to it and all of a sudden FIFA decided to act. Why couldn’t our footballing authorities been the first to declare something had to be done.

JAP/KOR2002
Nowadays ex England international Danny Mills can be heard on the BBC giving forthright opinion on controversial footballing issues. He knows what a “stonewall penalty” is and what constitutes a dive. But in 2002 he seemed unaware that charging thru the back of an opponent in the penalty area is a stonewall penalty. Of course his ridiculous foul on Julius aghohowa who was chasing a ball out of the penalty box at the time was ignored and play blithely carried on. (Maybe Mills fierce glare and fierce haircut scared not only Jag but the referee too) In fact the foul has more or less been erased from footballing history as it cannot be found on any you tubes highlights package. The referee had no interest in raising the issue and neither did the BBC who happened to be showing the match. And why should they? But if their lack of interest was understandable why was the NFA silent?

SOUTH AFRICA 2010
In 2010 down to ten men with Greece searching for the go ahead goal, Yobo got his head to an inswinging Greek corner and cleared it. Unfortunately for him the Greek striker Samaras (i think it was) got Yobo. They both fell to the floor clearly dazed by the clash of heads. Play should have been stopped for a freekick to Nigeria and for both players to receive treatment; the referee allowed play to continue. A goal was scored and Yobo was crucified for not getting up (He played the greek player who scored onside) but no one seemed bothered about the fact once again we had been shafted by another refereeing howler. Really ref, your opponent headbutts you as you contest a header you both go down poleaxed and you ref think it will be to Nigeria’s advantage to continue play? Yobo was the one fouled so how could it have been in Nigeria’s benefit for the game to continue when they were the ones defending the corner? Could such an action have happened against any of the so called big teams? (Actually yes because mistakes do happen but the ref involved after the match would find himself in really hot pepper soup) would it have been ignored and the player who almost had his head taken off be condemned? (again yes but only in Nigeria where the footballing authorites and fans often act as if their own players are the enemy).

BRAZIL 2014
And so on to the last world cup and like the latest installment in the fast and the furious franchise, the errors got bigger, badder and more riduculous. The most marginal of goals disallowed (okay if you are off you are off) two red card offences not properly punished, numerous holding in the box calls not given(remember evra trying to snatch Osaze’s shirt off his back at a corner. The ref saw it and decided a bit of French Kissing didn’t warrant more than a waggle of the finger). 2 maybe 3 handball incidents. After the match, all focus was on Useless Keshi and his egunje boys. Any criticism of the ref was airily brushed aside with the implied suggestion that if Keshi had picked the right players the refereeing conducting the game in a manner clearly to the disadvantage of Nigeria wouldn’t have mattered. Meanwhile England were played off the park by Germany, but because one shot crossed the line and the refereeing crew didn’t see it, thanks to the hulaballoo the English FA raised about the incident we know have goal line technology. Rest assured if half the incidents that happened to us occurred to England, the UN general assembly would have been asked to convene in order to look into the matter of Referee’s bank accounts, eyesight and sanity levels.

Seems it alright to verbally abuse, kung fu tackle, perform surgical boot castrations, head butt, shove and trample over, foul within sight of the referee and hand ball Nigerian players in the world cup, because i can only assume refs know they are Nigerian and nobody will complain. Our fans are too busy rooting blaming players they don’t like for all mishaps and the NFF, who knows if they even watch the game with the shopping and estacode chasing they have to sort out.
On a more serious note we really have to stop allowing our team to be short changed in this manner. So Amaju Pinnick the team has qualified, well done. But may i be bold as to suggest your job is just getting started. Since you love hustling and doing deals for power how about doing a deal so that Nigeria isn’t the wrong end of more poor refereeing.
I know some folks will critique everything you said as is the nature of some in CE. The issues you raised has some merits.
Personally, I will play politics in favor of SE. What do I mean? I will say: " They said FIFA has alot of bias referees against African teams when it really counts or in 50:50 situations. I don't know if it's true or not. We have to watch and see. I personally think FIFA refs have great refs and are competent." That is how to apply pressure without involving yourself.
pasamu
Egg
Egg

Post by pasamu »

highbury wrote:
pasamu wrote:Will the NFF do their real work and start preparing an even playing field for our team in Russia. Here is what i mean.
USA 94

FRANCE 98

JAP/KOR2002

SOUTH AFRICA 2010

BRAZIL 2014

I know some folks will critique everything you said as is the nature of some in CE. The issues you raised has some merits.
Personally, I will play politics in favor of SE. What do I mean? I will say: " They said FIFA has alot of bias referees against African teams when it really counts or in 50:50 situations. I don't know if it's true or not. We have to watch and see. I personally think FIFA refs have great refs and are competent." That is how to apply pressure without involving yourself.
love the phrasing highbury :D :D sadly playing the game increasingly requires having some of your best players in the boardroom forget the pitch. Pinnick strikes me as a man reaching for the top. The super eagles are a stepping stone I suspect. If so he has to show the type of verbal gymnastics you just used in front of the camera and a much harder edge in the boardroom. Hate it personally. I just want our boys to get a fair crack. (And our boys widens for me to African football on the world stage) but if the type of propaganda and conny conny the English FA indulge is what is required so be it
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Pasamu interesting discourse. I think some of these issues start on the pitch and from how we mentally and tactically approach these big games. Call it naivety, call in being too honest.

That said our players are beginning to wise up. Watch how Mikel very quickly imposes himself not just on the game but also on the referee. Its starts very early in the game and the experienced players join to make a point of going overboard with their protests. We have in times past sat back and watched this happen. Apart from the dodgy refereeing decisions, how many times have we had key players taken out by malicious tackles...? Our boys know the drill now.
pasamu
Egg
Egg

Post by pasamu »

yes o mr shows it is one of the overlooked values an experienced team possesses and mikel has it in bucketloads
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

pasamu wrote:yes o mr shows it is one of the overlooked values an experienced team possesses and mikel has it in bucketloads
You missed the one where Hinze, whatever his name his, the Argentine former Man U player blocked one of players (Osaze, I think) in the box and they scored from it. It was supposed to be a foul.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

pasamu wrote:
highbury wrote:
USA 94

FRANCE 98

JAP/KOR2002

SOUTH AFRICA 2010

BRAZIL 2014

love the phrasing highbury :D :D sadly playing the game increasingly requires having some of your best players in the boardroom forget the pitch. Pinnick strikes me as a man reaching for the top. The super eagles are a stepping stone I suspect. If so he has to show the type of verbal gymnastics you just used in front of the camera and a much harder edge in the boardroom. Hate it personally. I just want our boys to get a fair crack. (And our boys widens for me to African football on the world stage) but if the type of propaganda and conny conny the English FA indulge is what is required so be it
I agree with you. There is no doubt that Pinmick is very ambitious which in of itself isn't a bad thing. He seems to want to be a FIFA President but wants to use CAF as a stepping stone. He even admitted it when interviewed. He even said he was told by FIFA executives that he wouldn't succeed with FIFA right away unless he uses CAF to obtain credibility.
I wish we can have someone who can play some mind games with FIFA thereby putting them under great pressure. I don't think that is Pinnick.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

USA 94

FRANCE 98

JAP/KOR2002

SOUTH AFRICA 2010

BRAZIL 2014

Why would you use that adjective to describe Keshi? :???:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

If I remember correctly, even the penalty awarded to Italy for their second goal against us in USA-94 in overtime, was "ify" or suspicious. Before the overtime began, the Italian players converged around the referee, raising their legs and pointing to it. When I saw the behaviors, I knew what was going to happen against us and it did.

What am I saying? I am saying our players needs to learn to play the "dirty" tricks as well. Dive on a little touch on your back while in the 18-meter box; fall, roll and et al. as necessary and let the referee do the rest.
Last edited by Odas on Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
pasamu
Egg
Egg

Post by pasamu »

Cellular wrote:
USA 94

FRANCE 98

JAP/KOR2002

SOUTH AFRICA 2010

BRAZIL 2014

Why would you use that adjective to describe Keshi? :???:
sorry cellular that statement should have been in quotes i have deeep deep admiration for the work of Amodu and Keshi. Amodu for me broke the mode when he led the 2002 team to "golden bronze" he became the first indigenous coach to beat an expatriate coach to my memory. He spent most of the 90's waiting at airports wondering who was going to turn up for the friendly and yet still produced respectable results and took us to the world cup twice. That he never got the chance to perform at the big dance is thee example of monkey dey work baboon dey chop. And Keshi, he made me fat and well nourished on the hot humble pies he continually served out. Sure his team selections were clearly lacking for the big dance of 2014 but his promotion of home based players, his taking us to the last 16 and of course that nations cup nuff said. A hero flawed no doubt but a footballing icon
pasamu
Egg
Egg

Post by pasamu »

actually eyan and odas i forgot those ones. I still remember the sinking feeling when Eguavoen tangled with Baggio. I knew it was going to be blown against us. Meanwhile revisit the Danny Mills trampling of Agahohowa in 2002 and tell me which contact is worse. It of course does not start and end with us. I still laff when i hear Gary Lineker the flagship presenter of BBC football discuss the latest dives in the premiership when i remember his two relieved tumbles were what rescued England from the footballing schooling that Cameroon were handing out to them in Italia 90. After finding most of the 80's blighted by the Indomitable Lions i knew how good they were and was enjoying them handing out this is how you play pass and move lessons to England. Little did i realise that England held the trump card of the artistic tumble in their locker.