But we don field some jacked up players for SE o.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
But we don field some jacked up players for SE o.

Post by 1naija »

Remember no. 5 and no. 20?? :veryangry:

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: But we don field some jacked up players for SE o.

Post by Tbite »

That Etuhu family sef, his brother na 'kickboxer'

Rabiu Afolabi, Danny Shittu, Uche Okechuwku, Emenalo, Emenike, Rashidi Yekini, Peter Utaka, Eneramo, Taye Taiwo, Amokachi
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Rabiu Afolabi and Etuhu were limited but actually decent players. Afolabi was already past him prime in 2010 and should not have been in the squad.

What is even more baffling is why Keshi took the likes of Agbim, Egwuekwe, Amoebi, Uchebo, and Babatunde to the 2014 world cup.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

olu wrote:Rabiu Afolabi and Etuhu were limited but actually decent players. Afolabi was already past him prime in 2010 and should not have been in the squad.

What is even more baffling is why Keshi took the likes of Agbim, Egwuekwe, Amoebi, Uchebo, and Babatunde to the 2014 world cup.
Had Afolabi and Etuhu played during the qualifiers it would have been revealed that they were past it. Now some folks want us to do the same thing and clear out squad and replace with players nobody is really sure of during a competitive match. Foreign coach it’s not going to happen.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Nigerians can’t be trusted when it comes to such decisions let Rohr do his job or the Yak and Ogbechi will come out of retirement to replace the likes of Iwobi :rotf:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

I remember our ceremonial captain (No 2) - we should stop emphasizing past exploits. If you don't leave football, football will naturally leave you :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Flex Swift wrote:
olu wrote:Rabiu Afolabi and Etuhu were limited but actually decent players. Afolabi was already past him prime in 2010 and should not have been in the squad.

Had Afolabi and Etuhu played during the qualifiers it would have been revealed that they were past it. Now some folks want us to do the same thing and clear out squad and replace with players nobody is really sure of during a competitive match. Foreign coach it’s not going to happen.
Some of these players had used some funny means and played "psychological strategies" to get to/stay in the team. I remember when Siasia just got SE job. Etuhu claimed he called Siasia's phone and he ignored him. He went on media saying Siasia disrespected him by not returning his calls and swore never to play for Nigeria again under Siasia. Then came Keshi, who invited him, dropped him to the bench when he obviously could not hack it, then subsequently dropped him.
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

YemiBrazil wrote:Image

I remember our ceremonial captain (No 2) - we should stop emphasizing past exploits. If you don't leave football, football will naturally leave you :mrgreen:
At that stage, our ceremonial captain was more interested in protecting "his boots", which he will need to continue is "career" in "za oza" pitch.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Akpeyi should take a good look at this picture. :D :D :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

It seems we are referring to different meanings of jacked. :taunt:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Don't forget Uzoenyi, the short left footer, kai he was the woooooorst! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Tbite wrote:It seems we are referring to different meanings of jacked. :taunt:

Yeah, we definitely are not on the same page with the author :lol:
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

deanotito wrote:
Tbite wrote:It seems we are referring to different meanings of jacked. :taunt:

Yeah, we definitely are not on the same page with the author :lol:
Beware of words. Better still, beware the swift de-railing of meaning. Jack to Jackal, just like that.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Fading memories abound. d#$% Etuhu was actually a decent box-to-box player. Folks should cut him some slack. Now, if thread starter had said Furo Iyenemi or Emeka Ifejiagwa...ok!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Damunk wrote:
And what was the result of this picture?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I remember uzoenyi top notch performances at CHAN only for him to regress at the big stage. That’s why I’m very skeptical about dropping any of our proven player for inexperienced players. Sometimes, it’s not even that the inexperienced players are bad. however, World Cup stage frightening might had just been the reason at this point only exceptional players should be given a chance ahead any players that we know
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:
And what was the result of this picture?
Not a goal from what I remember
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Etuhu was actually a decent player, there was just something about that generation that just wasn't right, maybe it was the system we played with but the underwhelming factors that bedeviled what was supposed to be a solid team pass man matter... never shall we experience that era ever again.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Murds, delete this picture. It's not a good representation of the best captain Nigeria ever had.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Tobi17 wrote:Etuhu was actually a decent player, there was just something about that generation that just wasn't right, maybe it was the system we played with but the underwhelming factors that bedeviled what was supposed to be a solid team pass man matter... never shall we experience that era ever again.
Yeah, I agree. He wasn't that bad....but that team wasn't right.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

... maybe agents of the players did their jobs very well :tic: :tic:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

I still get mad upset when I think of the agbaya's that Keshi took to Brazil in 2014. Speak not evil of the dead dizzy....
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
lumide01
Egg
Egg

Post by lumide01 »

chidi ordiah, yusuf ayila, dele adeleye.....