EGUAVOEN: Rohr Should Invite Babatunde.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
EGUAVOEN: Rohr Should Invite Babatunde.....

Post by Enugu II »

Michael Babatunde will be great back-up for Mikel Obi – Eguavoen
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/11/29/m ... -eguavoen/
By admin - November 29, 2017, 8:44 am307 0
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Former Super Eagles coach Austin Eguavoen has told SCORENigeria coach Gernot Rohr need not search too far for a back-up for Eagles captain Mikel Obi as Qatar SC midfielder Michael Babatunde would be a great replacement if given the chance.

Eguavoen, who worked with Michael Babatunde in the Nigeria U23s in 2011, said: “Michael has grown tremendously as a player. We all saw his exploits in Brazil 2014.

“I am not saying Rohr should give him an automatic shirt, but he should give him a trial with the friendlies ahead.”

The left-footed forward’s 2014 World Cup was cut short by a freak injury against Argentina when Ogenyi Onazi’s shot fractured his hand.

He has made 11 appearances for the Super Eagles since he made his debut on May 31, 2013.

He has previously played in Ukraine and Morocco before he joined Qatar SC for €1 million in July 2016.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: EGUAVOEN: Rohr Should Invite Babatunde.....

Post by Synopsis »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

so Egu woke up early in the morning and the only rubbish that greeted him "Bros Good morning" was some garbage suggestion to Rohr, just imagine the nonsense and ingredients, I mean with a due respect to Eguavoen, the dude should just STFU if he has nothing sensible to proffer... what rubbish.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote:

Former Super Eagles coach Austin Eguavoen has told SCORENigeria coach Gernot Rohr need not search too far for a back-up for Eagles captain Mikel Obi as Qatar SC midfielder Michael Babatunde would be a great replacement if given the chance.

Eguavoen, who worked with Michael Babatunde in the Nigeria U23s in 2011, said: “Michael has grown tremendously as a player. We all saw his exploits in Brazil 2014.

“I am not saying Rohr should give him an automatic shirt, but he should give him a trial with the friendlies ahead.”

The left-footed forward’s 2014 World Cup was cut short by a freak injury against Argentina when Ogenyi Onazi’s shot fractured his hand.

He has made 11 appearances for the Super Eagles since he made his debut on May 31, 2013.

He has previously played in Ukraine and Morocco before he joined Qatar SC for €1 million in July 2016.
Eguavoen just lost the respect I had for him. How can anyone advocate for the inclusion of Michael Babatunde in this day and age. This is why some people don't want Nigerian coaches handling the SE anymore with their dubious selection.
I am happy
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Is Eguavoen now managing the guy?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

JJ
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Nothing wrong with taking a look at him. To be honest, we do not know what shape Babatunde is in, so it is hard to comment on his current form. I think that best thing for Rohr to do now is to go to Qatar to see if he is still the player he was in 2014. At the last World Cup, Michael Babatunde was our most creative player by far.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

They are creeping out of the shadows representing all kinds of wastepipes they have no shame because they only respect and worship money. Ask yourself why couldn’t people suggest these players during the qualifiers so that they could be tested in a competitive environment????
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Flex Swift wrote:They are creeping out of the shadows representing all kinds of wastepipes they have no shame because they only respect and worship money. Ask yourself why couldn’t people suggest these players during the qualifiers so that they could be tested in a competitive environment????
Do you have any evidence to prove that any money has changed hands here? Is there anything wrong with recommending in-form players to the national team coach? As a nation, we need to grow up.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Nothing wrong with taking a look at him. To be honest, we do not know what shape Babatunde is in, so it is hard to comment on his current form. I think that best thing for Rohr to do now is to go to Qatar to see if he is still the player he was in 2014. At the last World Cup, Michael Babatunde was our most creative player by far.
Ay don't even go there.... Has 'Messi' dropped his envelope :taunt: :rotf: With the WC only a few months away, we are entering the 'pump my player season'..Thankfully Rohr has his own system for scouting players.

Now that Agali has been named, I'm pretty sure there will be an article on Owngoal the Kelechi Nwakali is the next to be called up by Rohr.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:They are creeping out of the shadows representing all kinds of wastepipes they have no shame because they only respect and worship money. Ask yourself why couldn’t people suggest these players during the qualifiers so that they could be tested in a competitive environment????
Do you have any evidence to prove that any money has changed hands here? Is there anything wrong with recommending in-form players to the national team coach? As a nation, we need to grow up.
Why couldn’t you suggest players during the qualifiers ??? As far as I am aware Egu is based in 9ja how would he know that Babatunde is in great form? Do they now show middle eastern football in 9ja?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I actually thought Babatunde was one of out better players in Brazil until he was injured. If he is in form i wouldn't mind seeing him in action in a friendly next year.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote:I actually thought Babatunde was one of out better players in Brazil until he was injured. If he is in form i wouldn't mind seeing him in action in a friendly next year.
That was the sad thing about that team/tourney, dude even played better than the likes of Mikel, when he got injured imagine Moses looked poor deputizing for him.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I fail to understand your point. What if these players were not showing good form then?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

1naija wrote:I actually thought Babatunde was one of out better players in Brazil until he was injured. If he is in form i wouldn't mind seeing him in action in a friendly next year.
Babatunde was an unknown and regardless of how he performed our people are not willing to admit he did well for us. Shame that
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

I don't understand the hate for 'Messi babatubde'. He is not a bad player but they can look at him after the World Cup unless he is tearing it up now.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cito wrote:I don't understand the hate for 'Messi babatubde'. He is not a bad player but they can look at him after the World Cup unless he is tearing it up now.

If he is our best playmaker at the moment, I think Rohr has no option than to take him. This is common sense.
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cito wrote:I don't understand the hate for 'Messi babatubde'. He is not a bad player but they can look at him after the World Cup unless he is tearing it up now.

Of he is our best playmaker at the moment, I think Rohr has no option than to take him. This is common sense.
I know people talk about freedom of speech and all but I think you're on the take. Rohr has no option? He's our best playmaker? This better be sarcasm
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Might the 'hate' have something to do with the fact that Babatunde's
initial invite was by an Indigenous Coach?

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Ebyboy wrote:Might the 'hate' have something to do with the fact that Babatunde's
initial invite was by an Indigenous Coach?
I think it had more to do with the players that were dropped - MBA, J Obi, Nosa, Ike Uche players that played during the qualifiers won the ANC then dropped for this guy that nobody had seen play and no one knew a thing about the whole thing stunk and still stinks.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I must admit I am perplexed as to how this boys career did not take off after the World Cup. he looked like a very good playmaker.

I must admit I have not watched him since but it would be a good idea for Rohr to have a look at him. If Mikel is sitting alongside Ndidi in front of the defence, we need an agile and mobile playmaker who can orchestrate things upfront.

For now, I only really see Kelechi Nwakali as that man but having Michael Babatunde compete for the shirt with him sounds like a great idea to me. Our team is finally taking shape.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Eguavoen just lost the respect I had for him. How can anyone advocate for the inclusion of Michael Babatunde in this day and age. This is why some people don't want Nigerian coaches handling the SE anymore with their dubious selection.

Eguavoen lost all respect I had for him in July 1994. I met him at Uniben Sports Complex in 1999, when we were playing "set." While all those Uniben boys were running around him, I walked up to him and I told him to his face that he is a disappointment and he screamed "who be this small boy." :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?