Rohr to recall Martins and Joel Obi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Rohr to recall Martins and Joel Obi

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
jungle-jawara wrote:Inviting him to camp may be bad for some people. What if he comes to mentor in camp and becomes the best striker, should we disregard that and not take him to Russia?
If you're making decisions on "what if" then you're not serious.

Sooner or later you'll have to build for the future and stop calling "stop gap" players. I love Oberfemi more than most but we need to make some young players veteran by 2022.
O boy the thing taya me. I am beginning to develop hatred for some people here. Why not invite Aiyegbeni and Chukwu Ndukwe? What if they come to cap lie the other 6000 players that have been invited to FIGHT FOR SHIRT AND BEAT EACH OTHER UP, and then they become the best striker and mentor Pinnick? What if? :roll:
Since you insist on making absurd arguments, why not invite the current U15 baby Eagles top poacher, or even Oshoala if we really wanna go crazy?

The point is, we need the BEST players for NEXT YEAR'S World Cup and everyone has got their ideas as to who those players might be. You CANNOT make a case for Mikel and Ighalo and NOT make a case for Martins based on sentiment. All three have one comma against them and that is the league they play in. As for goalscoring, Martins and Ighalo have IDENTICAL strike rates in the same league for God's sake: (Ighalo 15 in 27; Martins 7 in 13)
Its not as if Ighalo is striking fear in the hearts of men. So why are you shouting?

There is no more objective reason to invite Osimhen or Awoniyi or even Onyekuru for trials than there is for Martins. Age is but a number until proven otherwise.
Guys like you would have dropped Roger Miller of yore simply based on age.
Abeg make we hear word.

We want results. Planning for the 2022 WC at the expense of a top performance at next year's WC simply doesn't make sense. That is sentiment right there.

We have 2 ANCs and hopefully at least one Confederations Cup to do that before then. Ultimately its nothing personal. Its not about Martins or Ighalo anyone else.

Its about determining the best PLAYERS we have that can do the business RIGHT NOW.
I was going to ignore you, but that will be doing you a great disservice.

Unlike the other two Martins is 33
Unlike the other two Martins has not played for the team in years and has not played under this coach
unlike the other two, Martins has proven time and time again that he is irresponsible and doesnt take football seriously

If you want Martins that much, invite him into your bed. Afterall, it wouldnt be the first time you have had a man in your bed.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In short, you've got nothing to say.
What a waste of a cranium.
Abeg, comot here.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
mcal wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
mcal wrote:...Nigerians will hawk and promote anything for a few bucks.

Stop this childish nonsense. Agali has been apppointed as a scout and has said Martins and Joel are worthy of a look at. You have no right to stifle opinion on what players should be looked at or not.
...agree, the truth can be childish when the nail is hit on the head. That said, with all the young and active players we have, those that helped in qualification, you want to import a player/s that have seen better times of his career playing for SE.
Oh well, that na my 2 kobo. na una be movers and shakers of things, we swim and sink together shiit go south.

I am not ion favour of recalling Martins but it in unacceptable for anyone to claim that those who are do so because they stand to gain something from it. For me, we have enough youngsters to do the job but that is just my opinion.
...very painful to assert, assume, huh? In Nigeria and among Nigeria it's nothing for nothing or something for something especially where the something makes no sense.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

danfo driver wrote:
paj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:I am going to make this abundantly clear, like I did under Keshi. if Rohr invites Obafemi Martins to the team, then I am done with Rohr! Not even up for debate.

And this is from someone who was one of the first to know about Martins on Cybereagles when he was just 16 and I followed his career, until i lost respect and affection for him. Even in his prime, Martins was a useless person who saw football as just a side hubby and was more interested in chasing money and girls. The same way, I was one of the biggest fans of Isaac and I am about to lose respect and affection for him.

Let me make it clear again-- If Rohr invites Obafemi Martins to the team, I am done with Rohr and I will begin an active campaign to get him fired. Nonsense!
this Iddo Market sewer rat actually thinks he has clout :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Pa Jeun KO KU! how far? oniranu . :lol: :lol: :lol:
getout...U wey if U meet Rohr now and shake him hand U no go fit yab am again... :lol: :lol:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)