CAN MARTINS IMPROVE SE?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
CAN MARTINS IMPROVE SE?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This is an intriguing option for Rohr considering the lack of playing time and experience on the current roster. Could Obafemi be helpful as a super sub or maybe lead the attack if we end up having fewer options than we expect?

If things stay the way they are today come March 2018, would you invite him to camp?
OCCUPY NFF!!
oyek
Egg
Egg
Re: CAN MARTINS IMPROVE SE?

Post by oyek »

I would think so especially with the experience he has over the years, he's best suited as a back up to Ighalo depending on how he performs in camp.
No other active player can boast of his goals record in the SE.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Martins for me has been super eagles striker since Gemini. However, this man has been to multiple nations Cup and 1 World Cup but has only performed at one nations cup (2006). Currently, our 2nd best player (Mikel) plays at the same Chinese league so we shouldn’t belittle that league if we’re considering Martins. There’s no evidence that Martins would finally perform at the biggest stage now at the end of his career. Although, his now a much better player than he was few years ago
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

oyek wrote:I would think so especially with the experience he has over the years, he's best suited as a back up to Ighalo depending on how he performs in camp.
It’s a tough one for me. While martins would certainly help, we also have a generation of young players that have the potential to be great. Having to choose between Martins, Nacho, and onyekuru is a very hard choice. We need scoring off the bench but can Martins take us to the next level?
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Yes he can
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

How about cultivating a natural goal scorer like Osinhme(the under 17 goal king). We always make mistake of thinking u have to be scoring ton of goals in Europe. How about if you are just a Super Eagles goal scorer and comfortable doing so
Goldenera94
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

I believe we made a mistake with a baller like Macauley Chris Santos of eaglet fame, a natural goal poacher. He should've gone to 2010 worldcup. Sometime, u just roll the dice
Goldenera94
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

goldenera94 wrote:How about cultivating a natural goal scorer like Osinhme(the under 17 goal king). We always make mistake of thinking u have to be scoring ton of goals in Europe. How about if you are just a Super Eagles goal scorer and comfortable doing so
Rohr called him a couple of times and had a look at him...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

Right, but i'm more along the line of cultivating, nurturing, and patience. Because he is a natural goal scorer

maceo4 wrote:
goldenera94 wrote:How about cultivating a natural goal scorer like Osinhme(the under 17 goal king). We always make mistake of thinking u have to be scoring ton of goals in Europe. How about if you are just a Super Eagles goal scorer and comfortable doing so
Goldenera94
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

goldenera94 wrote:Right, but i'm more along the line of cultivating, nurturing, and patience. Because he is a natural goal scorer

maceo4 wrote:
If Osimhen is playing regularly and scoring he’ll walk into the wc squad and grab somebody’s spot. We sometimes forget that Rohr was the director of youth football for Germany. He knows about the ability of teams. To develope players and how effective they are. He wouldn’t had invited Osimhen in the past but unless he respected their system, also why he’s after Bazee not or ju in Italy.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
oyek wrote:I would think so especially with the experience he has over the years, he's best suited as a back up to Ighalo depending on how he performs in camp.
It’s a tough one for me. While martins would certainly help, we also have a generation of young players that have the potential to be great. Having to choose between Martins, Nacho, and onyekuru is a very hard choice. We need scoring off the bench but can Martins take us to the next level?
Here is Martins winning the FA Cup for his team a few days ago.
Still scoring....and still doing his backflips.

He can't be that ancient if he's still doing this.
Question: Is Ighalo, Nigeria's top SE striker playing in the same league, doing this? :idea:

Now, if our Captain and best player (Mikel) and our best striker (Ighalo) are playing in the same league, what is it about Martins that automatically rules him out, if he is still doing what you see below - and quite regularly?

Ultimately, it is for Rohr to decide.

[/video]
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

Reminds me of Victor Igbinobaro's goal against Germany for Nigeria to lift Kodak under 16 worldcup in China

Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Here is Martins winning the FA Cup for his team a few days ago.
Still scoring....and still doing his backflips.

He can't be that ancient if he's still doing this.
Question: Is Ighalo, Nigeria's top SE striker playing in the same league, doing this? :idea:

Now, if our Captain and best player (Mikel) and our best striker (Ighalo) are playing in the same league, what is it about Martins that automatically rules him out, if he is still doing what you see below - and quite regularly?

Ultimately, it is for Rohr to decide.

[/video]
Goldenera94
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

1985 worldcup 2nd goal by Igbinoba
Goldenera94
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

How many goals has he scored this season compared to Ighalo?
Last time I watched martins he looked past his best
Sadiq umar deserves a fair shot
After him I would consider simy , onuachu and awoniyi in that order
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

smartbrother wrote:How many goals has he scored this season compared to Ighalo?
Ighalo has scored 15.
Martins, still checking but not as many.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Martins: 7 goals (in 13 matches)
Ighalo: 15 goals (in 27 matches)
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Goals per game, Martins would be at 16 in 27. One more than Ighalo. Those are clearly our best 4-2-3-1 options.
Ideye and Tevez have 4 a piece.

We need this guy in the squad. Period.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Obafemi is an outstanding footballer and striker. I like him a lot. I think he's still relevant cause he's a smart player.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

nzeogwu wrote:Goals per game, Martins would be at 16 in 27. One more than Ighalo. Those are clearly our best 4-2-3-1 options.
Ideye and Tevez have 4 a piece.

We need this guy in the squad. Period.
Gbosaaa...o Pari! If he gets an invite it’ll be hard to keep him out.
OCCUPY NFF!!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

That natural goal scorer need to start scoring at Wolfsburg first
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

smartbrother wrote:How many goals has he scored this season compared to Ighalo?
But Ighalo was also called up nah :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

I would definitely throw in Orji Okonkwo in the mix ahead of osimhen.. Just like how Uzoho has moved ahead of Alapamasu.. Their goals should do the talking..
afc##
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

If Martins will improve SE, he doesn't need to be playing in any major league; he just needs to be fit for possible game changing cameos of 10-20 mins cameos. Roger Milla, I think, was playing football in Reunion Island ahead of the 1990 WC.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe