CAN MARTINS IMPROVE SE?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: CAN MARTINS IMPROVE SE?

Post by Flex Swift »

Are we lacking goal scorers? Should we also call up Osaze? Personally I think the ship has sailed and the present and future belongs to the young up and coming.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Flex Swift wrote:Are we lacking goal scorers? Should we also call up Osaze? Personally I think the ship has sailed and the present and future belongs to the young up and coming.
So, who's that alpha goal scorer of our that we can rely on?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Obagoal brings experience, and more to the team but at what cost to team chemistry?

You have to weigh his chemistry with the whole team vs what he brings to the table compared to what you already have or can get elsewhere. Remember, Martins didn't play much of a role in the qualifiers.

Internet coaches don't usually factor in stuff like team chemistry, but they are very important.

Remember SA 2010, when Osaze dribbled the ball out of bounds when an Obagoal was wide open in the middle of the box against Argentina? :shock: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Kabalega on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

anointed wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Are we lacking goal scorers? Should we also call up Osaze? Personally I think the ship has sailed and the present and future belongs to the young up and coming.
So, who's that alpha goal scorer of our that we can rely on?
Moses, Nacho, Iwobi, Simon, Ighalo,Musa, Kayode, Oyeruru
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
oyek wrote:I would think so especially with the experience he has over the years, he's best suited as a back up to Ighalo depending on how he performs in camp.
No other active player can boast of his goals record in the SE.
It’s a tough one for me. While martins would certainly help, we also have a generation of young players that have the potential to be great. Having to choose between Martins, Nacho, and onyekuru is a very hard choice. We need scoring off the bench but can Martins take us to the next level?
Here is Martins winning the FA Cup for his team a few days ago.
Still scoring....and still doing his backflips.

He can't be that ancient if he's still doing this.
Question: Is Ighalo, Nigeria's top SE striker playing in the same league, doing this? :idea:

Now, if our Captain and best player (Mikel) and our best striker (Ighalo) are playing in the same league, what is it about Martins that automatically rules him out, if he is still doing what you see below - and quite regularly?

Ultimately, it is for Rohr to decide.

[/video]
You just can't mess with that left foot!
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Damunk wrote:Martins: 7 goals (in 13 matches)
Ighalo: 15 goals (in 27 matches)
That tells the story.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.