FEBRUARY LAUNCH: SE Will Have Unique Kits for WC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FEBRUARY LAUNCH: SE Will Have Unique Kits for WC

Post by Cristao II »

platinum wrote:
Tbite wrote:Andrew Randa may very well have been the catalyst

I don't see any direct relationship between 94 and 2018. One could argue that this is a new golden generation in the making, but that point is neither here nor there. A young team fine, Iwobi the Nephew of Okocha fine...but my point is something had to have brought about this thinking.

I think the Andrew Randa jersey in its own way is a throwback to the 1994 jersey. It is likely that talks did in fact ensue between the relevant parties, but the conclusion was not to proceed with the Randa jersey. However, they were probably convinced that it was time to pay homage to the 94 class. They chopped the rice and left he stone. They did what Randa wanted (in essence only).

That is my take on how things might have went down. Nike are a brand, we should not forget that. Even if they liked Randa's jersey, they have may have looked at their overall branding, vision and image and questioned where such a jersey fit. Perhaps Randa would have had more luck with Puma.

In any case, I prefer what Nike produced, although I appreciate his efforts.
There's no direct relationship immediately evident unless you speak with someone who knows the workings of those brands. Luckily for you, I can help you there :D
At this world cup, you will notice many countries wearing 'throwback' jerseys. For example, if you see the new germany kit, it's a redone version of their 94 shirt. If you see the belgium kit, it's a redo of their 84 kit. The trend this world cup for the likes of Nike and adidas is to redo, that is a brand wide scheme not unique to just football. It's a more general trend not a singular thing unique to just nigeria as Ayo would have liked you to believe.

No talks happened because as I said, the general theme is decided on levels higher than federation level. The theme is decided and then in the case of nike, they have their designers do a bunch of pieces that are then presented to the federations. These billion dollar companies have very well paid designers. Unless they have a contest going or they are embarking on a unique marketing campaign, they're not interested in designs from the layman on the street.

Hopefully, this clarifies a few things
KPOM!! Spain as well.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8