IF WE GET OUT OF OUR GROUP?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: IF WE GET OUT OF OUR GROUP?

Post by pajimoh »

After the draw, every team is optimistic of winning their group or making the next round.
After the first game, reality and fear begin to set in.

Lets just prepare well, go there and put up a fearless performance. When the dust settles, we see who's still standing
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I think you guys are judging based on sentimental Nigeria perspectives and not neutral perspectives. Look at the Croatia team they have players at
Modric- Real Madrid
Manzukic - Juventus
Rakitic - Barcelona
Kovavic - Real Madrid
Pjaca - juventus
Perisic - Inter Milan

Compare that to our best players at Backwater leagues. As a neutral pundit it’s definitely normal predicting that Croatia would qualify from the group ahead of Nigeria because they have better players and better ranking.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

F360 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:why the heck do we have to deal with those FS pundits? my goodness..we go bore tire
What pundits do you want to deal with? You could move to England and go watch the ones on BBC or Sky or is it ITV? Bet you that people are complaining about them as well.

Anyway my beef with the FS 1 pundits is that not a single one picked Nigeria to come out of the group. They all picked Croatia. That's how I know they are all full of crap and just idiots. That group is up there with Germanys group as the toughest. Any of them, including Iceland and Croatia, could end up in second place just like Nigeria. (If not even first place ---perhaps Argentina stumble out the gate).
Actually, just in case you're interested, not a few pundits here in the UK (watching BBC and Sky Sports right now) have actually said Argentina might not get out of the group.

Repeatedly, Nigeria and Croatia are mentioned as strong contenders. One Sky pundit (just this minute as I type) has said "possibly Nigeria" (to reach the final). :thumb:

I know you people like to bash the Brits, but I've always found their analysis on most things quite balanced.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

john12 wrote:I think you guys are judging based on sentimental Nigeria perspectives and not neutral perspectives. Look at the Croatia team they have players at
Modric- Real Madrid
Manzukic - Juventus
Rakitic - Barcelona
Kovavic - Real Madrid
Pjaca - juventus
Perisic - Inter Milan

Compare that to our best players at Backwater leagues. As a neutral pundit it’s definitely normal predicting that Croatia would qualify from the group ahead of Nigeria because they have better players and better ranking.
Go and look at the Bulgaria and the Spain we beat in previous wc. They'll have to climb down from being strong on paper and meet us on the green grass.
We need to overpower them. Outrun them. Outmuscle them and outplay them. It is not impossible. We just have to be so pi$$ed off on the day and put it in our mind that Croatia must fall
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

john12 wrote:I think you guys are judging based on sentimental Nigeria perspectives and not neutral perspectives. Look at the Croatia team they have players at
Modric- Real Madrid
Manzukic - Juventus
Rakitic - Barcelona
Kovavic - Real Madrid
Pjaca - juventus
Perisic - Inter Milan

wow they have good players...I had no idea, though I am not surprised that the Country of Suka would be so loaded. Croatia is not going to be an easy game, though I have not seen them play of late, I liken their football to that of Holland. Iceland, how did they manage to top the group? SE I believe have a good chance of making it out of the group, if they play as a team.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

SylverEagles wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:We will top the group...stop this inferiority conplex....Argentina needs to retool and are not that good even with messi ..look at their Qualifying...
I really don't understand how you guys like to talk with so much bravado about something you have no control over and is over 7 months away. Anything can happen in 7 months that improves or decreases our chances.

The more appropriate thing to say is that Nigeria "has a chance" to win the group
. Look at how you just said "we will top the group". Even the big guns - Brazil, Germany, France, Argentina - can't say that. :roll: :roll: :roll:
SylverEagle; thank you so much - Sir! I keep reading some things which simply makes me shake my head in disbelief. Fellow fans, please let's take it easy, please. The game is played on the field, let's wait and see
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote:After the draw, every team is optimistic of winning their group or making the next round.
After the first game, reality and fear begin to set in.

Lets just prepare well, go there and put up a fearless performance
. When the dust settles, we see who's still standing
Very well said :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote: Actually, just in case you're interested, not a few pundits here in the UK (watching BBC and Sky Sports right now) have actually said Argentina might not get out of the group.

Repeatedly, Nigeria and Croatia are mentioned as strong contenders. One Sky pundit (just this minute as I type) has said "possibly Nigeria" (to reach the final). :thumb:

I know you people like to bash the Brits, but I've always found their analysis on most things quite balanced.
I am hoping the analyst is correct. May it turn out - for us - the way the pundit predicted
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Modric- Real Madrid
Manzukic - Juventus
Rakitic - Barcelona
Kovavic - Real Madrid
Pjaca - juventus
Perisic - Inter Milan

Keep in mind that people(fans and media) probably thought the same prior to the last Euros as they looked at all of Iceland's opponents. You know damn well they said similar prior to England-Iceland.
At the end of the day, the game isn't played on paper or team sheets, it's played on the green grass so we shall see when matchday comes around.

--------------------------------------------
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Damunk wrote:
F360 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:why the heck do we have to deal with those FS pundits? my goodness..we go bore tire
What pundits do you want to deal with? You could move to England and go watch the ones on BBC or Sky or is it ITV? Bet you that people are complaining about them as well.

Anyway my beef with the FS 1 pundits is that not a single one picked Nigeria to come out of the group. They all picked Croatia. That's how I know they are all full of crap and just idiots. That group is up there with Germanys group as the toughest. Any of them, including Iceland and Croatia, could end up in second place just like Nigeria. (If not even first place ---perhaps Argentina stumble out the gate).
Actually, just in case you're interested, not a few pundits here in the UK (watching BBC and Sky Sports right now) have actually said Argentina might not get out of the group.

Ha, you have me wrong Damunk. I'm not a Brit basher. I try to keep things fair and balanced.
My statement as to pundits on the British networks was more an indictment on fans everywhere. Fans will have an issue with almost every pundit/analyst on television. There are very few on all sports channels in every country that the majority all agree with/love/enjoy their points etc.

--------------------------------------------
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I normally am negative about Croatia. Typically talented but disrganized with lots of in fighting. We fired an incompetent coach very late. Stabilized the locker and beat Greece easily.

It remains to be seen which Croatia shows up. With good program management, it’s a good team. Otherwise anybody can beat us.

We haven’t passed a 1st round since 1998. The burden of proof is on us. We will see.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

stop imagining the impossible. even a draw might not be possible from your group.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga