ATTENDING SE WC GAMES IN RUSSIA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

KIZONZO
Egg
Egg
Re: ATTENDING SE WC GAMES IN RUSSIA

Post by KIZONZO »

Not interested in the group games as i attended 7 of those from last WC. Has anyone been lucky enough to get the ticket to the WC final game?

That is what i am very interested in as the atmosphere at the final is very different from what i heard!
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

aruako1 wrote:Just booked my flight to Gdansk from London for the first game (only cost £62). I'll get in on Saturday 16th, drive to Kaliningrad and drive back to Gdansk right after the game. Ill fly back to London early on the 17th. If anyone is interested we can hire a car/bus and go together.
Aruako1 I might roll with you but am considering all options at the moment
Oya back to the matter
open and close
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Prince wrote:
aruako1 wrote:Just booked my flight to Gdansk from London for the first game (only cost £62). I'll get in on Saturday 16th, drive to Kaliningrad and drive back to Gdansk right after the game. Ill fly back to London early on the 17th. If anyone is interested we can hire a car/bus and go together.
As the ticket is cheap I just locked it down. I'm still researching the Poland Kaliningrad border crossing. If it is too much hassle I'll do something else.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Will you be going for the last one in St Petersburgh,or maybr i should just join up with you on this one.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tips : Traveling to 2018 World Cup in Russia?????

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Heliopolis wrote:I went to Moscow and St. Pete on holiday in 2013 and found the country to be dirt cheap. I cant remember the exact costs but an entire apartment in Moscow (AirBNB) was like $40 USD per night. Hotels in St. Pete were a bit more expensive. In all, in addition to accommodation, I only spent like $250 USD over 7 days including the train from Moscow to St. Pete (which is a very comfortable trip).

I imagine with the recent recession in Russia and the depreciation of the ruble, prices there are a bit lower. However, costs will likely go up during the WC. Nonetheless, I expect the WC in Russia to be far cheaper than what it was in Brazil which was surprisingly one of the most expensive places I have ever been to.

As far as having fun, I expect St. Pete to be more fun since all the action (tourist sites and bars) are located in one spot in the downtown core. Moscow is a great city but it is absolutely massive (I've never seen city streets with 12 lanes anywhere in the world). I suspect this will make it difficult to have fun in Moscow compared with a place like Rio where all the action was concentrated along the beach.
Das my former hood right there :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

aruako1 wrote:
Prince wrote:
As the ticket is cheap I just locked it down. I'm still researching the Poland Kaliningrad border crossing. If it is too much hassle I'll do something else.

Do your research, but there should be no issues on the Russian side. It used to be one of the less-frequent routes. Reason is that Kaliningrad is an outpost, more like a Russian territory outside Russia, so going to Russia via that route made any trips more complicated. Poland-Brest border (USSR, now Belarus) was the heavily-traveled, nightmarish route.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

oloye wrote:
Will you be going for the last one in St Petersburgh,or maybr i should just join up with you on this one.
I'll go for the last one too but I'll go from Helsinki. The first game will mean just one weekend away from London. I'll then camp in Helsinki for the second game (still not sure about the logistics) and the third game (St Petersburg is 3.5 hours from Helsinki by train). You may prefer to go to St Petersburg direct but Helsinki works for me.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Prince wrote:

Do your research, but there should be no issues on the Russian side. It used to be one of the less-frequent routes. Reason is that Kaliningrad is an outpost, more like a Russian territory outside Russia, so going to Russia via that route made any trips more complicated. Poland-Brest border (USSR, now Belarus) was the heavily-traveled, nightmarish route.
I just spoke to a Polish colleague and he said the same thing.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

aruako1 wrote:
oloye wrote:
I'll go for the last one too but I'll go from Helsinki. The first game will mean just one weekend away from London. I'll then camp in Helsinki for the second game (still not sure about the logistics) and the third game (St Petersburg is 3.5 hours from Helsinki by train). You may prefer to go to St Petersburg direct but Helsinki works for me.
My cousin leaves in Helsinki with her husband, they just had a baby was going to visit I might do that with my family anyway while me I disappear to world cup they come back to UK

I think i wil take the train from helsink to St Pet.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Prince wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
oloye wrote:
My cousin leaves in Helsinki with her husband, they just had a baby was going to visit I might do that with my family anyway while me I disappear to world cup they come back to UK

I think i wil take the train from helsink to St Pet.
Ok. Let me know if you need any help with recommending accommodation in Helsinki.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

aruako1 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Prince wrote:

I just spoke to a Polish colleague and he said the same thing.
:thumb:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Larry Ashagbe 1
Egg
Egg

Post by Larry Ashagbe 1 »

Dear All,

I have been in contact with my people at NFF and I have been told that Tolu is in charge of ticketing for the Nigerian supporters and the NFF will be making a press conference or a directive as to the procedure that Nigerian supporters have to follow in order to buy tickets.

I will keep you posted as I have more information.

Larry Ashagbe 1 wrote:
nanijoe wrote:You should be able to get to Russia and back for $500 or less...Game 1 is appealing to me. I might just fly into Frankfurt or Poland and drive the rest of the way.

ohenhen1 wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
K wrote:Whats the rough travel cost from the US?
about 1500 for a round trip flight.

Put it on the credit card
:sneaky:
Dear All & Nanijoe,

Good evening.

I am 95% certain that I will be in Russia.

I don’t have specific and detailed plans as of yet but I am definitely going to Russia and I am glad that some of you have chosen to come as well and we can all do the trip together.

I am contact with Peter Odemwingie and he has promised to HELP us with any assistance he can provide.

Osaze will be doing some media work in Russia at the WC but he does not know as of yet where he will be based.

I plan to be in Russia for all our matches and I will ONLY depart when we get knocked out of the competition, there will NOT be any return trips to London in between matches.

At least, that is the way I see it for now.

My contact number is 07956 883 464 and anyone with questions can call me and I will do my best to provide answers.

For me, I am not to bothered about tickets because I will get mine from some of the players but I will be making enquiries about tickets from the NFF over the next couple of days and I will get back to you.

It is NOT cheap to attend the WC and one has to have plenty of energy and be prepared to do some serious travelling and be flexible
to whatever situation one finds himself.

For the meantime, If you have any questions for me, please don't hesitate to ask.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Abeg which airline? Is it return? I might as well jump on this your train and go with you for the first game
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

nanijoe wrote:Abeg which airline? Is it return? I might as well jump on this your train and go with you for the first game
Whiz Air from London Luton to Gdansk on Saturday (16th) morning. I'll fly back to London on Sunday (17th) morning.
Last edited by aruako1 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

nanijoe wrote:Abeg which airline? Is it return? I might as well jump on this your train and go with you for the first game
Arua knows his European routes well...good idea to jump on his bandwagon.

Under different circumstances, I would have gladly joined you guys and served as your translator/tour guide.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Janganza
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Janganza »

Larry Ashagbe 1 wrote:Dear All,

I have been in contact with my people at NFF and I have been told that Tolu is in charge of ticketing for the Nigerian supporters and the NFF will be making a press conference or a directive as to the procedure that Nigerian supporters have to follow in order to buy tickets.

I will keep you posted as I have more information.

Larry Ashagbe 1 wrote:
nanijoe wrote:You should be able to get to Russia and back for $500 or less...Game 1 is appealing to me. I might just fly into Frankfurt or Poland and drive the rest of the way.

ohenhen1 wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
K wrote:Whats the rough travel cost from the US?
about 1500 for a round trip flight.

Put it on the credit card
:sneaky:
Dear All & Nanijoe,

Good evening.

I am 95% certain that I will be in Russia.

I don’t have specific and detailed plans as of yet but I am definitely going to Russia and I am glad that some of you have chosen to come as well and we can all do the trip together.

I am contact with Peter Odemwingie and he has promised to HELP us with any assistance he can provide.

Osaze will be doing some media work in Russia at the WC but he does not know as of yet where he will be based.

I plan to be in Russia for all our matches and I will ONLY depart when we get knocked out of the competition, there will NOT be any return trips to London in between matches.

At least, that is the way I see it for now.

My contact number is 07956 883 464 and anyone with questions can call me and I will do my best to provide answers.

For me, I am not to bothered about tickets because I will get mine from some of the players but I will be making enquiries about tickets from the NFF over the next couple of days and I will get back to you.

It is NOT cheap to attend the WC and one has to have plenty of energy and be prepared to do some serious travelling and be flexible
to whatever situation one finds himself.

For the meantime, If you have any questions for me, please don't hesitate to ask.
Nice one bro. That FIFA site is too complicated. :thumb:
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

KIZONZO wrote:Not interested in the group games as i attended 7 of those from last WC. Has anyone been lucky enough to get the ticket to the WC final game?

That is what i am very interested in as the atmosphere at the final is very different from what i heard!
I tried like heck to get 2014 final tickets and will try again this time around. Based on what I've read on other forums, only about 20% or so are available to the general public while the rest go to sponsors and FAs.
tmex12
Egg
Egg

Post by tmex12 »

Heliopolis wrote:
KIZONZO wrote:Not interested in the group games as i attended 7 of those from last WC. Has anyone been lucky enough to get the ticket to the WC final game?

I tried like heck to get 2014 final tickets and will try again this time around. Based on what I've read on other forums, only about 20% or so are available to the general public while the rest go to sponsors and FAs.
How easy is it to get tickets? Directly or through a secondary source. I applied when the window opened yesterday; this is what I received - its unduly complicated. Cant book flights or hotels unless I have tickets confirmed otherwise whats the point of flying 15hrs to sit in a fanzone when I can sit in comfort in my basement and watch same!

Your Ticket Application, as reflected below, has been received by the FIFA World Cup Ticketing Centre (“FWCTC”).

Please note that your submission of your Ticket Application to purchase the Tickets listed below does NOT guarantee that any of the Tickets in your Ticket Application will be allocated to you.
Currently your Application for the Tickets listed below is pending. In the likely event that such Tickets are over-subscribed, your Ticket Application will be entered into a Random Selection Draw process. In case your Ticket Application is entirely or partially successful or the Tickets listed below are not over-subscribed, subject to full payment, the respective Tickets will be allocated to you in full or partially. You will be notified of the status of your Ticket Application no later than 12th March 2018.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Tried to book the damn ticket on FIFA site, the useless site refused to submit my application, i was blocked by the display name validation, what exactly do they want? I have tried all manner of format ..but whosai...I simply gave up.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

oloye wrote:Tried to book the damn ticket on FIFA site, the useless site refused to submit my application, i was blocked by the display name validation, what exactly do they want? I have tried all manner of format ..but whosai...I simply gave up.
Are you using a VPN?
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

I have a wedding in Paris on June 23rd and plan to go there via London next year. The only game that will probably make sense to me to attend will be the 3rd game against Argentina on June 26th. I need to figure out how to make the logistics work for me. The first game might work as well...I will call my boy in London and see how we can make it work.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Robbynice wrote:I have a wedding in Paris on June 23rd and plan to go there via London next year. The only game that will probably make sense to me to attend will be the 3rd game against Argentina on June 26th. I need to figure out how to make the logistics work for me. The first game might work as well...I will call my boy in London and see how we can make it work.
you can fly around the world but can't... ah forget it.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

So it's visa free for Nigerians attending the world cup? Was thinking of which passport to apply for a visa with.

https://nigeria.mid.ru/en_GB/web/en-nig ... -2017/2018
Peter Obi For President 2023