Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:31 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 5193
tmex12 wrote:
Am going!

One can set up a base in Poland, Estonia or Latvia for these matches and just fly in match day.

How can one get tickets?


Estonia is cheap and just a 90 minute ferry away from Helsinki where I lived for nearly 3 years.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:20 pm
Posts: 1318
Location: UK
But no be Helsinki game dey nah, :roll:
aruako1 wrote:
tmex12 wrote:
Am going!

One can set up a base in Poland, Estonia or Latvia for these matches and just fly in match day.

How can one get tickets?


Estonia is cheap and just a 90 minute ferry away from Helsinki where I lived for nearly 3 years.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:22 pm
Posts: 5104
Location: Dallas/Houston, TX
abacha wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
Looks Like

Croatia on the 16th (Saturday) in Kaliningrad
Iceland on the 22nd (Friday) in Volgograd
and Argentina on the 26th (Tuesday) In St Petersburg!

A Friday to Wednesday trip sounds doable! St Petersburg is very appealing.

Who dey go? Who get Map of Russia?


I am going.

Kalingrad is 4 hrs 40 from Uk
Volgograd is 9hr 45 min
St Petersb 6 hrs 10

Volgograd to St Peter is 2 hrs 35

Friday to Wed seems doable, but I hope to see all matches.

Anyone else going?


Oga did u mean flight times? Because I just looked at distances and it’s 20 hours from Volgograd to St Petersburg not 2.5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 5193
ogiso wrote:
But no be Helsinki game dey nah, :roll:
aruako1 wrote:
tmex12 wrote:
Am going!

One can set up a base in Poland, Estonia or Latvia for these matches and just fly in match day.

How can one get tickets?


Estonia is cheap and just a 90 minute ferry away from Helsinki where I lived for nearly 3 years.


See the post I responded to. Talinn is just under 5 hours by road to St Petersburg.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:44 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:02 pm
Posts: 10031
Location: Around the World
You should be able to get to Russia and back for $500 or less...Game 1 is appealing to me. I might just fly into Frankfurt or Poland and drive the rest of the way.



ohenhen1 wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
K wrote:
Whats the rough travel cost from the US?


about 1500 for a round trip flight.



Put it on the credit card
:sneaky:

_________________
http://www.turenchi.com for Nigerian News


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 9798
Na true say transport between match venues na free?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 12221
Location: USA
How are you guys planning to get tickets? I hear the only way is through this FIFA lottery thing, and that makes it less likely we can get them.

Any thoughts? I hear buying from the black market na serious risk...as they wouldnt let you enter. Anyone heard different??

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 5193
deanotito wrote:
How are you guys planning to get tickets? I hear the only way is through this FIFA lottery thing, and that makes it less likely we can get them.

Any thoughts? I hear buying from the black market na serious risk...as they wouldnt let you enter. Anyone heard different??


I got mine from the initial lottery. Another round might have opened on a first come, first serve basis. Apply on fifa.com as a Nigerian fan. We often underutilize our allocation so you might still stand a better chance than fans of countries like Germany and England.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:50 am
Posts: 10080
Location: Nigeria
I'm in!

We have till Wednesday to get tickets on this window from FIFA

Flixbus, Ferienbus or Touring bus from Berlin to Warsaw
$40.-- only
Take a flat for two weeks

Attend matches in Konigsberg and St Petersburg from there.
Stalingrad for Croatia is too far

_________________
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 5193
megapro wrote:
I'm in!

We have till Wednesday to get tickets on this window from FIFA

Flixbus, Ferienbus or Touring bus from Berlin to Warsaw
$40.-- only
Take a flat for two weeks

Attend matches in Konigsberg and St Petersburg from there.
Stalingrad for Croatia is too far


Stalingrad (or Volgograd) is the big problem. I will fly to Gdansk and rent a car to Kalingrad for the first game and head back to London. St Petersburg for the 3rd game is easy as it is a 3.5 hour train from Helsinki which is a second home. Volgograd flight ticket prices are way too expensive.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:39 am
Posts: 13932
Location: Houston, Texas.
http://russianblogger.me/how-much-to-go-2018-world-cup/

_________________
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Last edited by Undertaker on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:06 pm
Posts: 6427
Location: U.S.A
Undertaker wrote:


...please forward it to thiefCo so that he will not mistakenly claim going to BRAZIL like the last WC...his hallucinating Brazil WC he went while in Toronto... :lol: :lol: :lol:
...thiefCo's laptop with balded key board will not deliver him after 2018WC...
...Russia go sweet o o o...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:43 pm
Posts: 3837
HOPING TO GO


Beginning to work on the logistics.
Bell

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 am
Posts: 2970
Na wa I love you guys and your passion...Russia itself can be its own continent...that is why hosting it in a vast country is a problem. Qatar I can go...just get Dubai as your base and fly to the games...or even Doha itself.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 5193
Benedict Iroha wrote:
Na wa I love you guys and your passion...Russia itself can be its own continent...that is why hosting it in a vast country is a problem. Qatar I can go...just get Dubai as your base and fly to the games...or even Doha itself.


For our own games it is just the 2nd game that presents a logistical problem. I have booked my ticket to Helsinki between 21st and 27th June 2018. I will take the train to St Petersburg for the Argentina game. I'm still working out the details of the trip to Volgograd. For the first game I will book my trips to Gdansk Poland as direct flights to Kaliningrad are very expensive. If anyone is considering Helsinki or Gdansk please let me know.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:03 am 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:09 pm
Posts: 14412
Location: UK
I will go to watch naija games.

_________________
Image

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:41 pm
Posts: 6691
That Gdańsk option looks appealing.

_________________

_________________
African Heros...You will never be forgotten
1. Kwame Nkrumah
2. Nelson Mandela
3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:22 pm
Posts: 5104
Location: Dallas/Houston, TX
I just booked to St Petersburg from 20-27.

Other games will be tough. Will base here till Argentina. Brazil plays here on 22nd as well. Might be interesting.

Next thing na to cue for ticket on Tuesday.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 5193
soma wrote:
That Gdańsk option looks appealing.


For the first game I think it is great. I have never been there except for an unscheduled stop over but I'm sure it will be fine.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 32097
Location: Somewhere
aruako1 wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Damn...I won't mind at all. Not afraid of Russians, na cold dey fear me.


It will be warm in summer.



Aiwolex na clown :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 32097
Location: Somewhere
aruako1 wrote:
megapro wrote:
I'm in!

We have till Wednesday to get tickets on this window from FIFA

Flixbus, Ferienbus or Touring bus from Berlin to Warsaw
$40.-- only
Take a flat for two weeks

Attend matches in Konigsberg and St Petersburg from there.
Stalingrad for Croatia is too far


Stalingrad (or Volgograd) is the big problem. I will fly to Gdansk and rent a car to Kalingrad for the first game and head back to London. St Petersburg for the 3rd game is easy as it is a 3.5 hour train from Helsinki which is a second home. Volgograd flight ticket prices are way too expensive.


Sounds like a good plan. How long is the drive from Gdansk? Hope those routes are safe now, and hopefully extra security measures are in place for the WC. Those routes used to be plagued by Polish and Russian gangs extorting from those who went to buy tokunbo from Germany :mad:

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 32097
Location: Somewhere
nanijoe wrote:
You should be able to get to Russia and back for $500 or less...Game 1 is appealing to me. I might just fly into Frankfurt or Poland and drive the rest of the way.



ohenhen1 wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
K wrote:
Whats the rough travel cost from the US?


about 1500 for a round trip flight.



Put it on the credit card
:sneaky:



thats a 12 hr drive from Frankfurt, my friend. Better to fly to Poland (Warsaw), and drive 4 hrs. Or 8hrs from Berlin.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Last edited by Chief Ogbunigwe on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 5193
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
megapro wrote:
I'm in!

We have till Wednesday to get tickets on this window from FIFA

Flixbus, Ferienbus or Touring bus from Berlin to Warsaw
$40.-- only
Take a flat for two weeks

Attend matches in Konigsberg and St Petersburg from there.
Stalingrad for Croatia is too far


Stalingrad (or Volgograd) is the big problem. I will fly to Gdansk and rent a car to Kalingrad for the first game and head back to London. St Petersburg for the 3rd game is easy as it is a 3.5 hour train from Helsinki which is a second home. Volgograd flight ticket prices are way too expensive.


Sounds like a good plan. How long is the drive from Gdansk? Hope those routes are safe now, and hopefully extra security measures are in place for the WC. Those routes used to be plagued by Polish and Russian gangs extorting from those who went to buy tokunbo from Germany :mad:


It is 168km from Gdansk. I haven't booked yet but if there are security concerns I'll not do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: airwolex, bepanda, Bing [Bot], Cito, Coach, Google [Bot], mystic, Shownoja, Skylolo, YUJAM and 38 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group