Man United prevent Tosin Kehinde from training with Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Man United prevent Tosin Kehinde from training with Eagles

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Manchester United prevent youngster Tosin Kehinde from training with Super Eagles in London - See more at: https://goo.gl/w5r2R8
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man United prevent Tosin Kehinde from training with Eagl

Post by marko »

well the Nigeria set up should do things the right way, inviting him via official channels
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Very odd. Training with Nigeria is better for his development that playing youth team football.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

wiseone wrote:Very odd. Training with Nigeria is better for his development that playing youth team football.

Is it really? One time training session vs training and playing in a game with his team. What happens if he gets hurt at this session? Who covers his medical bills if his invitation wasnt through the official channels and not sanctioned by Manure? Apparently, he has trained with the senior side and may have a chance of breaking into that team.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I do not think missing one youth game will harm his development. In contrast, training with the likes of Victor Moses, Alex Iwobi, Wilfred Ndidi, etc will enhance his game a lot.

If you ask me, Man United are being very short sighted. Who knows what he would have picked up training with the Eagles.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I do not think missing one youth game will harm his development. In contrast, training with the likes of Victor Moses, Alex Iwobi, Wilfred Ndidi, etc will enhance his game a lot.

If you ask me, Man United are being very short sighted. Who knows what he would have picked up training with the Eagles.
... how about following due process towards securing his release - meaning being professional about basic things? Besides, he is already training with other full internationals at Man United which mutes your point.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Clearly conveyed in simple English from the posted link:
"A Manchester United spokesman said he would have been allowed to stay with the Nigerian team if he was formally invited but that was not the case, hence he is back at the club training for tonight's match."

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I do not think missing one youth game will harm his development. In contrast, training with the likes of Victor Moses, Alex Iwobi, Wilfred Ndidi, etc will enhance his game a lot.

Compare to training with Zlatan, Pogba, Matic or Mata...........................Kontinue we are watching you. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

wale1974 wrote:

Compare to training with Zlatan, Pogba, Matic or Mata...........................Kontinue we are watching you. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
But he did not go to train with them. He went to play in a youth game!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

YemiBrazil wrote:Clearly conveyed in simple English from the posted link:
"A Manchester United spokesman said he would have been allowed to stay with the Nigerian team if he was formally invited but that was not the case, hence he is back at the club training for tonight's match."
There is nothing unusual in inviting youngsters to train with them your senior team. Rohr could not invite him to camp officially because no one had seen him play yet!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:Clearly conveyed in simple English from the posted link:
What is
There is nothing unusual in inviting youngsters to train with them your senior team. Rohr could not invite him to camp officially because no one had seen him play yet!
How is that Manchester United's problem? If you are not able to communicate your plans to his employers then wait for him to be ready for primetime and invite him officially.

akamoke

Post by akamoke »

wale1974 wrote:

In defense of Ayo, I assume the afformentioned will be training with their national teams too :)
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Ayo what if he gets injured in training? Likely the boy made the call to Manchester and someone said no. I would have also loved to have Man Utd content in SE, in fact I feel I’m looking at the next Amokachi :taunt: but things have to be done right.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Graham Taylor once invited the 16 year old Gareth Barry to just come and train with the senior England team. Ask yourselves if Man United would have objected if it had been Gareth Southgate that asked this youngster to come and train with his team.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

This is not going to end up well. NFF should go back to the grassroots; develop local talent and progress them to the senior team regardless of overseas footballing opportunities. It is not entirely crazy to give Nwakali and Awoniyi a chance to train with the senior team. Going after ready-made is going go spell disaster. There is actually something to be said for footballing culture. kids that grew up in Aba plays differently than kids that grew up in near by Owerri or Benin city...so imagine the gulf NFF is creating with this new phenomena.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

YemiBrazil wrote:

... how about following due process towards securing his release - meaning being professional about basic things? Besides, he is already training with other full internationals at Man United which mutes your point.
Guys have to understand that there are reasons behind every football decision. I am no expert, but an educated guess talks me the main issue here is insurance. Does the player's insurance cover allow for informal training sessions. I do not know of any insurance cover that does.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Waffiman wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

Guys have to understand that there are reasons behind every football decision. I am no expert, but an educated guess talks me the main issue here is insurance. Does the player's insurance cover allow for informal training sessions. I do not know of any insurance cover that does.

Then all Man U does is ask the NFF to take out an emergency cover for 48 hours. It is kind of like if I want to drive your car over the weekend, I ring the insurance company and they provide me with emergency 48 hour cover.

Where there is a will there is a way. What Man U fail to realise is that training with a national team and then going to the match to rub shoulders with the likes of Matic, Tadic, Ivaniovic, etc as an equal would do the youngster's confidence a world of good.

He would return to Old Trafford a better player for it. In fact, that experience would make him ready for the Premier League as it is these same players he will be facing there.

Anyway, their loss. Nigeria can call the boy up later, so we have not lost anything. Man U on the other hand have stifled the boys development with their selfishness.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

Then all Man U does is ask the NFF to take out an emergency cover for 48 hours. It is kind of like if I want to drive your car over the weekend, I ring the insurance company and they provide me with emergency 48 hour cover.

Where there is a will there is a way. What Man U fail to realise is that training with a national team and then going to the match to rub shoulders with the likes of Matic, Tadic, Ivaniovic, etc as an equal would do the youngster's confidence a world of good.

He would return to Old Trafford a better player for it. In fact, that experience would make him ready for the Premier League as it is these same players he will be facing there.

Anyway, their loss. Nigeria can call the boy up later, so we have not lost anything. Man U on the other hand have stifled the boys development with their selfishness.
He can already rub shoulders with Matic....his Man U team mate...:rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Waffiman wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

+1

The player is under contract to an employer. You cannot invite him to train without obtaining permission via well-established process and not expect pushback.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

This is NOT the big deal some are trying to make it to be...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:This is NOT the big deal some are trying to make it to be...

To be honest, I think Man United's track record regarding African players is what is fuelling the suspicion here. Everyone remembers how they refused to release Quinton Fortune for the African Nations Cup.

Their track record at Old Trafford is very odious. For starters, they have never been that keen on African players compared with their contemporaries. Just look at how many Nigerian players have played for Arsenal, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Juventus, AC Milan, Chelsea, etc.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Totally agree. I broke the news about it on another thread, next thing now a whole thread has been dedicated to this subject. It's a slow news day, there's no issue here.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

To be honest, I think Man United's track record regarding African players is what is fuelling the suspicion here. Everyone remembers how they refused to release Quinton Fortune for the African Nations Cup.

Their track record at Old Trafford is very odious. For starters, they have never been that keen on African players compared with their contemporaries. Just look at how many Nigerian players have played for Arsenal, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Juventus, AC Milan, Chelsea, etc.
The 'suspicion' is only being fueled by those who are incapable of separating issues.