How I see our World Cup odysey panning out

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How I see our World Cup odysey panning out

Post by marko »

Argentina will be cautious but they have messi who will destroy that defence, we just have to sxore more goals than they do
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

marko wrote:Argentina will be cautious but they have messi who will destroy that defence, we just have to sxore more goals than they do
We just need to put Victor Moses on Mascherano and we will be fine. Moses will always do him for pace.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
marko wrote:Argentina will be cautious but they have messi who will destroy that defence, we just have to sxore more goals than they do
We just need to put Victor Moses on Mascherano and we will be fine. Moses will always do him for pace.
Yes i hope Nigeria uses that power and pace they keep on talking about, that is our only hope against argentina
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

marko wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Yes i hope Nigeria uses that power and pace they keep on talking about, that is our only hope against argentina
Argentina of 2017 is not the force we once all knew and feared. Look at their midfield and show me who can orchestrate things like Mikel or Modric.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

We win the cup.... :woot:

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:We can get nine points from this group:

Argentina - We just proved we can beat them, albeit without Messi. However, coming from two down to score four shows they can be beaten
Croatia - They have some good players like Modric and Rakatic but they are an ageing side and will struggle to cope with our pace
Iceland - They had a great Euro 2016 and are very hardworking but I believe they will always struggle against guile, flair and pace

Group stages
June 16: Nigeria 2-0 Croatia
June 22: Nigeria 4-1 Iceland
June 26: Nigeria 2-1 Argentina

Round of 16

July 1: Nigeria 2-0 Peru

Quarter finals
July 7: Nigeria 1-1 Spain (Nigeria wins on penalties)

Semi finals
July 11: Nigeria 0-1 Germany

Third place game
July 14: Nigeria 1-0 France

We will come back with the bronze medal!
Why bronze? The cup my fren. :-x :blink:
See this greedy Warri man. You think say all the others come there come sell groundnuts?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

We can aim to win it in 2022. I will settle for Bronze in 2018
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:There will be surprises in that group, everyone writing of iceland, how did they qualify if they were not good enough? Nigeria better not take that 1998 mentality to the world cup, iceland are more than capable of beating nigeria who struggles against highly organised european sides
Nigeria and Iceland will finish top 2 in this group.It will do some people like film trick.Nigeria win first game 2-1 and Iceland also win first game 1-0 against Argentina.
Second game Nigeria and Iceland draw 0-0 and argentina and Croatia also draw as they both try to avoid nyash open.
Come final day Iceland park the bus a nd win 1-0 and Nigeria hit Argentina on a counter and win.
Bye bye Croatia and Messi.that is how it will happen.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I must confess I do not see Argentina going through. They are simply too vulnerable at the back.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I must confess I do not see Argentina going through. They are simply too vulnerable at the back.
Wow, you read my mind. I do not see Argentina going through as well...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Robbynice wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I must confess I do not see Argentina going through. They are simply too vulnerable at the back.
What I see is Iceland as the whipping boy come World Cup time and a tough fight among the other three.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Robbynice wrote:
A lot can change between now and the WC sha, lets just pray on our side we are injury free for the most part.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I see:

Nigeria - Seven points
Croatia - Six points
Argentina - One point
Iceland - One point

We will draw our dead rubber with Argentina in the last game. Croatia will beat both Iceland and Argentina.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Argentina - We just proved we can beat them, albeit without Messi. However, coming from two down to score four shows they can be beaten
Croatia - They have some good players like Modric and Rakatic but they are an ageing side and will struggle to cope with our pace
Iceland - They had a great Euro 2016 and are very hardworking but I believe they will always struggle against guile, flair and pace

Group stages

Round of 16

Quarter finals
July 7: Nigeria 1-1 Spain (Nigeria wins on penalties)

Semi finals
July 11: Nigeria 0-1 Germany

Third place game
July 14: Nigeria 1-0 France

We will come back with the bronze medal!
Why bronze? The cup my fren. :-x :blink:
See this greedy Warri man. You think say all the others come there come sell groundnuts?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

marko wrote:If iceland creates an upset and beats argentina, nigeria are in trouble
We play Iceland first and Argentina last so if we beat Iceland then it's Croatia we need to worry about as we will definitely need to pick up points to increase our chances!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
marko wrote:If iceland creates an upset and beats argentina, nigeria are in trouble
We play Iceland first and Argentina last so if we beat Iceland then it's Croatia we need to worry about as we will definitely need to pick up points to increase our chances!

I wonder what my people are on about. If we have six points going into the Argentina game, what trouble are we in?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Jokers to left, clowns to the right. Argentina are being written off on the basis of a meaningless friendly under the stewardship of a last minute managerial appointment, modus operandi, "save our summer". Again, the Argentina last faced will bare no resemblance to that which arrives in Moscow. Awash with controversy, in-fighting and politricking worthy of a Ugandan house of parliament, little can be read into their qualification campaign, little besides the indelible fact, back to the wall, Messi now, more than ever, is willing to carry the country's cross.

Yes they lack pace, as they did enroute to the final last Big Dance. Sampaoli will get them sorted, true to his nature the Albiceleste will be a high pressing, high octane team, failing that, a direct counterattacking outfit armed with the best player in this era and one of the game's deadliest forwards. Argentina have yet to settle on a shape, back three or back four, Di Maria breaking from midfield or wide left/right. There are many questions for the little general to answer and one would expect that, by the summer, Argentina will be settled. If Sampaoli does as presumed and models Argentina around his Chile formula, they will be a force to be reckoned with. To consider the opinion of English pundits as any more than patriotic poppycock is incredulous. They, despite their wallowing in the doldrums of footballing disappointment, have the gaul and effrontery to consider theirs an "easy group". What have Belgium done?, the colloquialism doing the rounds. What they have done is under achieved with a golden generation now coming into their prime. What they haven't done is been comprehensively beaten by Iceland and disgraced on the last two rolls of the dice. Panama may well be three points for all, there is no guarantee of points of any value in the other two outings. The blessing for all is Roberto Martinez, one can't help but feel he may be dismissed before the tournament proper.

Returning to Nigeria, dismiss Croatia as you wish. Someone above suggested Modric was finished. Comical. Luka has been one of the most consistent centre mids since forever. No he doesn't have pace, but there is no greater attribute in the game than brain and few, regardless of nationality, are as cerebral as Modric. How much pace did Pirlo have? Xabi Alonso the same? If it was all about pace, Team America with Yedlin, amazing Eddie Johnson and DeMarcus Bolt would be trail blazers. Croatia are a gifted side, any one thinking this group is a stroll is simply deluded. All must be concerned. Very concerned. Anything less than 100% focus, concentration, effort and application and they're out before the Argentina game.

Despite all that has transpired, people are still mocking Iceland. Void of quality maybe but these chaps have a durability alien to Nigeria. Where fatigue is a given for all Nigerian displays by the 60-70th, with talisman John Obiesta gasping for air, Iceland will keep coming, like the boxer intent on dying in the ring. 90 minutes and more, marathon running, hard tackles, long balls, long throws, setpieces. Iceland will be the Bolton of the big dance. It will not be easy.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

I wonder what my people are on about. If we have six points going into the Argentina game, what trouble are we in?
Read carefully I've explained that!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: Group stages

Round of 16
Please what time is the Peru match??
Go Super Chickens

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

tfco wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote: Group stages

Round of 16
Please what time is the Peru match??
Go Super Chickens

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

lol
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Group stages

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Ghana's game against Italy last summer was truly one of those World Cup classics. Non stop end to end magic, brilliant use of possession and defending by both teams, shame it ended when I took out the FIFA cd to play Fortnite.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

kalani JR wrote:Ghana's game against Italy last summer was truly one of those World Cup classics. Non stop end to end magic, brilliant use of possession and defending by both teams, shame it ended when I took out the FIFA cd to play Fortnite.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

kalani JR wrote:Ghana's game against Italy last summer was truly one of those World Cup classics. Non stop end to end magic, brilliant use of possession and defending by both teams, shame it ended when I took out the FIFA cd to play Fortnite.
Ghana?

Must have been quarter finals then

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S