Argentina this Argentina that...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Argentina this Argentina that...

Post by Robbynice »

...I honestly do not think Argentina will make it out of Group D at the WC next year. My picks are Nigeria and Croatia.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Argentina this Argentina that...

Post by truetalk »

Robbynice wrote:...I honestly do not think Argentina will make it out of Group D at the WC next year. My picks are Nigeria and Croatia.
Kai Robby, it is mostly their own fans and the European media pumping them up. Most people on this site are quite confident that we have a good shot of making it out of the group. They have the world's best player (aided with a lot of HGH of course) and a number of other star players from leading European clubs, but I have written severally about how that means nothing to Nigeria, and how the major determinant and factor for Nigeria in World Cups is Nigeria.

We're avoiding a lot of the pitfalls from the past, and in terms of personnel, if we can drop the likes of Akpeyi and Echiejile & blood some of the good keepers on the sidelines (or Ikeme recovers), we should all get ready for an amazing World Cup, even though we are in the toughest group.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Write Argentina off at your peril, by the summer Sampaoli will have made of them a better Chile. The same media questioning their capacity are unashamedly forecasting England's progress on the back of shame and embarrassment at the last two Big Dances. Nonsense.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Coach wrote:Write Argentina off at your peril, by the summer Sampaoli will have made of them a better Chile. The same media questioning their capacity are unashamedly forecasting England's progress on the back of shame and embarrassment at the last two Big Dances. Nonsense.
KPOM. I will not write them off. This is one of the few teams in the world with a single player who can WILL a win. Make no mistake about that and throw the friendly match win into the dust bin. We surely can play against Argentina but to think that it is a given that we will beat them is simply BS.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Enugu II wrote:
Coach wrote:Write Argentina off at your peril, by the summer Sampaoli will have made of them a better Chile. The same media questioning their capacity are unashamedly forecasting England's progress on the back of shame and embarrassment at the last two Big Dances. Nonsense.
KPOM. I will not write them off. This is one of the few teams in the world with a single player who can WILL a win. Make no mistake about that and throw the friendly match win into the dust bin. We surely can play against Argentina but to think that it is a given that we will beat them is simply BS.

100% agree.

Argentina reached the last final. They still have some good players. And, as noted, Messi...who is one of the best of all time. The ultimate X factor.

For me, Argentina is the team to beat in this group. The burden of proof is on the rest of our teams.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

You guys say this before every WC. Argentina being a mess in nothing new. They were a mess leading up to the 2010 WC and yet steamrolled through the group stage with the incompetent Maradona as manager.

Argentina will win the group easily. Its problem is if things go as expected, they will meet Spain/Portugal in the QF and then Germany in the semis. Germany has knocked them out in the last 3 WCs.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

They have Messi and that's a problem for any team
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

At least Nigeria is used to Messi as we have faced him a number of times, so we should by now figure him out. But can Argentina handle Iwobi, Nacho, and Victor Moses? the first time they faced Iwobi and Ihenacho in a friendly, those two handed them some bitter pills, even a small boy like Ebuehi just making his debut had Di maria in his pocket all game ... granted it was only a friendly, but be rest assured the young bloods will be itching for battle again against Argentina! this is not the Nigeria of 2014 that had garbage players like Gabriel Reuben, Ameobi, Uchebo etc... we got young and talented players now(Nacho, Iwobi, Moses, Ndidi, Ebuehi, Idowu, Bazee, Onyekuru etc) I say bring it on.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Better go there determined than complacent. If they won't make it out of the group then let be because we made it so on the pitch
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

Yeah till dem knack us 4 na when una go realize say friendlies dey different from the real thing
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

They are the weakest team in the group.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^and Nigeria are the strongest in the whole tournament.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Like Keshi's confederation game against Spain, Argentina's defence have been exposed by Nigeria. They cannot handle a speedy counter-attack. Every team that plays them at the WC is going to congest the box, cut off Messi's runs into the box and wait to hit them with the counter upper cut. Croatia is going to beat Argentina. However, I see Argentina making it out of the group as runners up.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

YUJAM wrote:They have Messi and that's a problem for any team

Facts no feelings, Messi can single-handedly take them to the finals again, this is why selecting a team of high quality players in good form will be the only way the SE will have a chance, we need to get players like onyekuru and Bonaventure in the mix. If martins and Joel obi stay fit they should be in the mix.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tobi, Real have faced Messi for over a decade, equipped with some of the finest defenders to have played the game, ask them if they know what to do. Lol. "Used to playing Messi" or familiar with the sight of him peeling away to celebrate?

There is no plan for Messi, he is the enigma for which there can be no plan, a man-marker will be disgraced if not dismissed. Nigeria will have to play the game, the situation and the space. Messi rises to prominence between the lines, in the areas the ordinary player doesn't see. Ecuador had altitude to their advantage and an early goal, in addition to rugged tackling.

This is the best player in the world, one of the finest the game has seen, if he's on his game, the potential is frightening. Nigeria need to be qualified before the match up and hope Argentina are too. If either needs a result here, there will be blood.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Referees will decide any match Nigeria plays against a former World Cup winner in a World Cup and that includes Argentina so we’ll need to score at least 3 goals or more to silence the b______ds!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Coach wrote:@Tobi, Real have faced Messi for over a decade, equipped with some of the finest defenders to have played the game, ask them if they know what to do. Lol. "Used to playing Messi" or familiar with the sight of him peeling away to celebrate?

There is no plan for Messi, he is the enigma for which there can be no plan, a man-marker will be disgraced if not dismissed. Nigeria will have to play the game, the situation and the space. Messi rises to prominence between the lines, in the areas the ordinary player doesn't see. Ecuador had altitude to their advantage and an early goal, in addition to rugged tackling.

This is the best player in the world, one of the finest the game has seen, if he's on his game, the potential is frightening. Nigeria need to be qualified before the match up and hope Argentina are too. If either needs a result here, there will be blood.
Yup! If we go into the Argentina game needing 3pts then we’re in trouble, same goes for Argentina. This group is a real tough one. Croatia and Iceland will have thousands of fans too. It’s real tricky for all teams..
OCCUPY NFF!!
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Robbynice wrote:...I honestly do not think Argentina will make it out of Group D at the WC next year. My picks are Nigeria and Croatia.
I have the same fears 2 All dis ova reliance on messi go sting dem.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Socca funny ooohh. Argies fit open nyash n please don't base ya facts on past tourneys. Things can b puzzling.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Brother, I do NOT know what will happen. One thing I am positive about however, NIGERIA WILL SURPRISE MANY in Russia. Mark my word!!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

lukemana wrote:
Brother, I do NOT know what will happen. One thing I am positive about however, NIGERIA WILL SURPRISE MANY in Russia. Mark my word!!!
A good surprise or a bad surprise?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

The YeyeMan wrote:
lukemana wrote:
A good surprise or a bad surprise?
Let em put it this way: THE ENTIRE AFRICAN CONTINENT WILL BE PARADING!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Are you sure no be Senegal you see :D
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved