ARSENAL VS MAN UT :(1-3). FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: ARSENAL VS MAN UT :(1-3). FT

Post by tfco »

Cristao II wrote:
marko wrote:The ref should sent off the arsenal defender for bringing down lukaku, those afe the rules,arsenal stop complaining about cheap penalties you did not deserve
Ref was bizarre. He made a couple of good decisions but a couple of bizarre ones.

1. GOOD DECISION - That Pogba red card was a stone cold RED card. It was a clumsy challenge on Bellerin.

2. BAD DECISION - The Welbeck tackle should have been a penalty. Penalties have been given for far less. The defender took out Danny's legs.

3. BAD DECISION - Koscielny should have been sent off for the Lukaku tackle.
operative word being...clumsy
you expected Pogba to shift his leg in mid-air?

Welbeck did not even scream for a penalty appeal yet the entire Emirates and ABU's were screaming PK...lol

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Gooners

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Kumasi, Welbeck's legs were swept like it were a cleaning job. Penalty without doubt, not given. Pogba's red was harsh but a red nonetheless. My Son's unorthodox angulation of his leg put him on a collision course with Pogba, who in being unable to adjust his footing can be said to have be out of control. Koscielny should've seen red, yes Lukaku was a million miles from goal and heading off towards the corner, maybe My Son gets back to cover but at the time of the foul, Koscielny was last man. Red.

For all the post match dissection and dissertation, the fact remains, 3-1 at home. F*ck off!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

marko wrote:The ref should sent off the arsenal defender for bringing down lukaku, those afe the rules,arsenal stop complaining about cheap penalties you did not deserve

You clearly don’t understand the rules
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Two things that stood out for me:

1) The tactical maturity of Ashley Young. When Pogba made that bad tackle on Bellerin, Young ran straight to the ref to ask him if he was going to send off Pogba. Young knew about the sending off before Pogba and the other players did. By the time the ref brought out the red card, Young had already sprinted off to Mourinho to tell him about the red card and to advise him of the need to change the substitution/tactical plan in anticipation. Brilliant quick thinking by Young.

2) At the final whistle Mark Red screaming "VAMO!" so loudly that the TV mics 50 yards away picked it up on the TV broadcast. Then he ran off with his arms aloft like a man who had just won the WC. That guy is a nutter. :D
Last edited by wiseone on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

I am more concern with Wenger and Bould total failure to build a defence to match the team’s attacking flair. Arsenal will continue to flatter to deceive until Wenger addresses this issue.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Arsenal rely so much on the fact they will stroke the ball around like premature ejaculation whiles the other team goes for the kill, very naive african style defending from arsenal
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ref was bizarre. He made a couple of good decisions but a couple of bizarre ones.

1. GOOD DECISION - That Pogba red card was a stone cold RED card. It was a clumsy challenge on Bellerin.

2. BAD DECISION - The Welbeck tackle should have been a penalty. Penalties have been given for far less. The defender took out Danny's legs.

Welbeck did not even scream for a penalty appeal yet the entire Emirates and ABU's were screaming PK...lol
Pogba should be lucky if he doesnt get extra suspensions for his stupid applauding of the ref.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

It wasnt even a challenge. :lol: :lol: Challenge is if Bellerin had the ball and Pogba tried to win it from him. They both went for the ball, pogba tried to chip the ball away from an incoming Bellerin and mistakenly stepped on the kids leg.

Personally, I dont care about the refs decision.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote:Two things that stood out for me:

1) The tactical maturity of Ashley Young. When Pogba made that bad tackle on Bellerin, Young ran straight to the ref to ask him if he was going to send off Pogba. Young knew about the sending off before Pogba and the other players did. By the time the ref brought out the red card, Young had already sprinted off to Mourinho to tell him that about the red card and to advise him of the need to change the substitution/tactical plan in anticipation. Brilliant quick thinking by Young.
Dumbone, Young did not go and ask the ref if he was going to send Pogba off! LieS! :lol: :lol: :lol: he ran to the ref to intimidate him against a card, as players do, and then he saw the ref reach for the red.

Also, Young did NOT run to advise Mourinho of anything. :lol: :lol: :lol: can you imagine?? lmaooo.. He simply ran to mourinho to INFORM him of what the ref was about to do and then MOURINHO DECIDED TO MAKE HIS TACTICAL ALTERATION.
2) At the final whistle Mark Red screaming "VAMO!" so loudly that the TV mics 50 yards away picked it up on the TV broadcast. Then he ran off with his arms aloft like a man who had just won the WC. That guy is a nutter. :D
ITS "VAMOS" AND NOT "VAMO" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it means, "come on!" or "lets go!!" :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

Pogba should be lucky if he doesnt get extra suspensions for his stupid applauding of the ref.

And Tottenham will be lucky to see the CL next season. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:

1) The tactical maturity of Ashley Young. When Pogba made that bad tackle on Bellerin, Young ran straight to the ref to ask him if he was going to send off Pogba. Young knew about the sending off before Pogba and the other players did. By the time the ref brought out the red card, Young had already sprinted off to Mourinho to tell him that about the red card and to advise him of the need to change the substitution/tactical plan in anticipation. Brilliant quick thinking by Young.
Dumbone, Young did not go and ask the ref if he was going to send Pogba off! LieS! :lol: :lol: :lol: he ran to the ref to intimidate him against a card, as players do, and then he saw the ref reach for the red.

Also, Young did NOT run to advise Mourinho of anything. :lol: :lol: :lol: can you imagine?? lmaooo.. He simply ran to mourinho to INFORM him of what the ref was about to do and then MOURINHO DECIDED TO MAKE HIS TACTICAL ALTERATION.
ITS "VAMOS" AND NOT "VAMO" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it means, "come on!" or "lets go!!" :lol:
It appears you are not aware that Young tells Mourinho what to do.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

It appears you are not aware that Young tells Mourinho what to do.
Chief, I was clearly not informed. :lol: :lol: :lol:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

City are looking unstoppable, this season, they beaten chelsea, liverpool, arsenal, this weelend game will be tough
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Yes, players NEVER make tactical suggestions to the manager or improvise on the pitch. Only last season Andrew Smith deliberately ignored an instruction from Mourinho on the pitch during the Europa League FINAL. His improvisation actually led to Man Utd's opening goal: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=255635&p=5051854&hi ... r#p5051854

When Pep won his first CL at Barcelona - people forget the crazy scenes during their SF at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea after Iniesta scored the last minute goal that took Barca into the final. While Pep, the team, and the entire Barca bench were running around celebrating like mad men on the touchline, it was the quick thinking Silvinho who chased the manic Pep up the touchline and reminded him to make a substitution to run the clock down. Players are not robots that just mindlessly carry out orders.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

@Wiseone you sure about this your Young ask the ref if he will give red card?Dude from what I saw he run to cover for Paul Pogba.Players do that and Barca players and Chelsea like to surround the ref all the time. No need to tell lies or try to cover your lies,funny how in the whole pitch only Young knew Pogba will get a red.
The other guy is saying Mustafi was not fit before the Manu game and it was the reason he give away the ball for the second goal,Mustafi was stupid in that play and how anyone will defend him is shocking .
Why do you guys like to lie?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

kajifu wrote:@Wiseone you sure about this your Young ask the ref if he will give red card?Dude from what I saw he run to cover for Paul Pogba.Players do that and Barca players and Chelsea like to surround the ref all the time. No need to tell lies or try to cover your lies,funny how in the whole pitch only Young knew Pogba will get a red.
watch the match, even the commentators said so

Young knew the rc was coming out.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Finally watched the full match with no nerves.

Lingard could have scored a ht, he missed a one v one with Cech and the ball hit the post.

Best football match i have watched in a long time.

The Best League served up a treat.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
When will Wenger Learn?

Post by danfo driver »

When will Wenger Learn?

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: When will Wenger Learn?

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:When will Wenger Learn?

Wenger and learning?The only man that think he can turn wine to water,i mean we know people can turn water to wine by adding things to the water even change color but wine to water?
You were right about Mustafi not a good Cd and no big club come for him.I cant remember the last season we don't get beat as if the players are just secondary kids pick to play yet someone is saying we will finish second.Ok oooh we are praying for that as I just don't see it .
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tfco wrote:
kajifu wrote:@Wiseone you sure about this your Young ask the ref if he will give red card?Dude from what I saw he run to cover for Paul Pogba.Players do that and Barca players and Chelsea like to surround the ref all the time. No need to tell lies or try to cover your lies,funny how in the whole pitch only Young knew Pogba will get a red.

Did he ask ref if he will give red?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

kajifu wrote:
tfco wrote:

Did he ask ref if he will give red?
yes

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S