ARE Nigeria Players playing Beneath their level

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
ARE Nigeria Players playing Beneath their level

Post by john12 »

This is a sequel to my yesterday thread conveying a message of humility because our opponents perform at a much higher level than super eagles. The response was that the “QUALITY” of teams that super eagles players perform doesn’t matter because it isn’t a measurement of their level. Also, people said that Nigerian players are underservedly playing beneath their level. Therefore,My question to you guys are as follows

1, do you think the quality of team super eagles players perform speaks volume of their football Quality?
2, do you think if Top European clubs are undeservedly not giving African/Nigeria players enough chances to sign or even Loan them?
3, if you were an International agent or scout how many Nigerian players presently do you think can play for elites clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, PSG, Juventus, Man city week in and out??
4, Are Nigerian players unfairly treated by European, South American coaches/Teams/Agents?
5, how many Nigerians players are presently World class players or Has the talent to be world class?
7, everyone should answer this question with their head and not hearts. (No emotions)
Last edited by john12 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ARE Nigeria Players playing Beneath their level

Post by Dammy »

john12 wrote:This is a sequel to my yesterday thread conveying a message of humility because our opponents perform at a much higher level than super eagles. The response was that the “QUALITY” of teams that super eagles players perform doesn’t matter because it isn’t a measurement of their level. Also, people said that Nigerian players are underservedly playing beneath their level. Therefore,My question to you guys are as follows

1, do you think the quality of team super eagles players perform speaks volume of their football Quality?
2, do you think if Top European clubs are giving undeservedly not giving African/Nigeria players enough chances to sign or even Loan them?
3, if you were an International agent or scout how many Nigerian players presently do you think can play for elites clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, PSG, Juventus, Man city week in and out??
4, Are Nigerian players unfairly treated by European, South American coaches/Teams/Agents?
5, how many Nigerians players are presently World class players or Has the talent to be world class?
6, do you believe that super eagles present players are deserving playing at their level of Teams or is just they’re unlucky?
7, everyone should answer this question with their head and not hearts. (No emotions)
I believe a lot of our players are playing beneath their level and some just join clubs that offer them a better paycheck. Also the advent of Nigerian agents, who do not have the right connections with European teams is another factor. The likes of Ekong, Etebo, Shehu, Mikel Agu, Omeruo, Moses Simon, Ogu, etc have the ability to play in mid level teams in Europe's top 5 leagues.
I am happy
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I’m not talking about mid level teams I’m talking about elites teams like Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Juventus, psg or even historical elites teams like man utd, ac Milan, Valencia, Dortmund.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

john12 wrote:This is a sequel to my yesterday thread conveying a message of humility because our opponents perform at a much higher level than super eagles. The response was that the “QUALITY” of teams that super eagles players perform doesn’t matter because it isn’t a measurement of their level. Also, people said that Nigerian players are underservedly playing beneath their level. Therefore,My question to you guys are as follows

2, do you think if Top European clubs are undeservedly not giving African/Nigeria players enough chances to sign or even Loan them?
Ahmed Musa yes a world class player according to some people should be playing for the likes of PSG, Barcelona and Real Madrid
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

No. Except for say Vic Moses(highly debatable), we do not have a player good enough to play for Madrid, Barca, Juve, Bayern, Juve, PSG and city. That's just the truth of the matter.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

In all honesty I think we have tons of players that can play in mid table teams in the top 5 leagues but I don't think we have a single player (bar Moses) that could be a consistent starter for a European Super power team (Barcelona, Bayern, Madrid).

That is just AT THIS MOMENT. It can change in the future. You need to have a lot in your locker to be the first name on the team sheet of a European elite.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

We have a few players that can get to that level. Mikel is the sort of player that will settle into Juventus easily. Ndidi and Noses can get into one of those teams as well. Maybe Iwobi.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

As I see it:
Ndidi and Onyekuru are on an uphill trajectory that sees them starting for a top team sooner than later. I believe Kelechi Nwakali is of the same level.
Awaziem is on his way to become a starter for an elite club. Has not put a foot wrong in his career.
Iheanacho was on that path, but Guardiola did something that broke him, nonetheless a team like Monaco would be perfect for him. Still not over for him, but he needs a great World Cup now.
Success has the talent, but his career has faltered, partially due to his own fault.
Mikel is still good enough for any top club, but his club career has not optimized his potential, Juventus would be a perfect fit though.

----

But just see Sadio Mane - he is obviously top 5 material, but he is underrated because he's African. He's better than Hazard, but Hazard is compared to Messi / Ronaldo... Africans need non-biased coaches like Klopp, instead they get closet racists like Guardiola that torpedo their careers. Africans have much more work cut out for them to succeed than if they were the same talent level players from Brazil, Argentina or Europe.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Ndidi is good enough to be at the very top level right this moment.
To stop trying is to start dying
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

john12 wrote:I’m not talking about mid level teams I’m talking about elites teams like Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Juventus, psg or even historical elites teams like man utd, ac Milan, Valencia, Dortmund.
In that case it’s going to be hard as only 11 players can play at a time (in association football) and the likes of Barcelona,PSG and Juventus are not short of players and every natonal team in the top 50 Footballing Nations can boast of having at least 1 player or more that wouldn’t feel out of place at those clubs and that’s probably why I see Dammy as being realistic.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Shownoja wrote:Ndidi is good enough to be at the very top level right this moment.
He plays regularly in the Premiership!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

john12, NOT SURE WHAT YOUR GOAL IS, BUT...

...every post of yours I've read lately seems aimed at bringing out the weaknesses and inadequacies of the SE. More than that you seem to want to err on the side inadequate. I don't think Nigerians are world beaters but I hope they don't go into a tournament thinking this way. Where would Iceland be if they keep reminding themselves that they are nation without real pros and their entire population is smaller than many cities in the world? That said, going back into the past slightly, Jay Jay was good enough for any club in the world but only got a look from powerhouse Bolton.
Bell