Alex Iwobi : Manchester United Frustrated Us!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Alex Iwobi : Manchester United Frustrated Us!

Post by Damunk »

anikulapo wrote:
Damunk wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Da Munk:

I’m not excusing Tobi, but there is also a clause here for baiting. There are several people here who have no use in the forum except to roam from thread to thread with pathetic and sophomoric baits to try and provoke a response.

Like many mods have warned me in the past, I have employed the use of the ignore button, but still, I fail to see how mods do not act on the baiters when it’s clear that it’s their only mission. Anyway na una sabi .... do what you want .... I guess for Kongi, it’s Mission Acomplished. :roll:
Aniks, like I explained to aruako1 earlier, ethnic baiting on this forum is a lot more sophisticated and people choose their words carefully and deliberately to remain on the 'right' side of the rules. This is probably because it is calculated, unlike parental abuse in which there is a rush of blood to the head and all caution is thrown to the wind.

Yes, there are very obvious cases of ethnic baiting and ethnic insults but not all of them can be legitimately prosecuted. Often, like modern day racism, its about subtext and the use of innuendo. Moreover, when it comes to ethnicity, people only recognise (and speak up) when it is their own ethnicity that is being attacked but keep mute (or don't even notice) when 'their own person' is insulting another man's ethnicity. In all the years here, I can count on the fingers of one hand when there has been intra-ethnic reporting of ethnic baiting. Its like, 'that's their business, not mine'.

Also remember that we can't see everything and rely on people flagging up these cases. This is probably why everybody seems to 'know' the numerous ethnic baiting instances but only a handful of people actually report them formally and almost only when they or 'their own' are being insulted.

On page one of this thread for instance, our angry 'danfo driver' has accused you of all sorts of stuff. Firstly, I have no personal knowledge of what he is talking about and I am not sure you do either. That's not to say he is wrong or is not justifiably upset, but if something isn't brought to everyone's attention, or cannot be legitimately proven to have broken forum rules, nobody can do anything about it.

Most don't know that mods and admins have lengthy debates in the Mods' Hut on the not-so-obvious cases before action is taken (or otherwise). Most people think somebody just wakes up and bans somebody depending on what side of the bed he lands on.

People just have to act their age. Most guys here wouldn't behave the way they do in here in public, no matter the circumstances.

DaMunk:

We might have our disagreements from time to time but one thing I will not question is your intellect. So please don’t play games with me. This has nothing to do with ethnic baiting. There are people on the forum who have no use here except to bait, insult and then cry as soon as a response is given back to them. I don’t need to name any names and you KNOW them :idea: :idea:
Aniks, I am NOT playing games here. For what purpose? Everyone has an opinion and they all believe their opinions are valid. You may choose to believe that I "know" the serial offenders on this board and you may also choose to believe that I deliberately turn a blind eye to them. You are wrong on both counts. We deal with what is brought before us and we don't pretend to catch everything.

Like I keep saying ethnic baiting here is something else. You are just as qualified as anyone else to be a mod/admin on CE. So ask yourself how much of the baiting you yourself 'see'...and how much of it you fail to see. Is what you see representative of the ethnic make-up of the members here or is it lopsided? Are you advocating for the banning of all ethnic baiters or just some of them - those that immediately come to mind that offend you?

Its not everything that goes on behind closed doors that comes out in the open. The mods/admin team is a group of individuals representing no other interests than Cybereagles interests. There are so many of those routinely pointing fingers that have no idea that they themselves have probably at some point benefitted from the support and goodwill of the very individuals they accuse of bias. No idea at all.
I can only vouch for those doing the work now. Before my time, I don't know. I wasn't there.

Hate to bring out confidential information out but prior to the present regime it was an open secret that some Mods and admins had targeted certain forumers for permanent expulsion and gave tacit and covert permission to some forumers to bait them with the hope that they would respond in a certain fashion to earn them a permanent ban.
That is unacceptable and probably why there was a reshuffle. You migt not believe it but I really was clueless about all that. Even when a mod was found to be soliciting for business under the name of CE I was unaware until it was brought up years later. Like you've said many times, CE is not a matter of life and death. It's just a pastime, albeit a very addictive one.

But even now there are those who believe there are 'favoured' forumers protected from the consequences of breaking the rules. The accusations are as random as they come and generally without rhyme or reason. In this very thread, YOU stand accused of benefitting from 'protection' which I am sure you find absolutely ridiculous. You and I have had major differences but that isn't and shouldn't stop me from being fair if your matter comes up. But who cares? They'll see it how they wanna see it and make accusations anyway.

If it's not an ethnic bias it is a political one. My own cousin (Rudeboy) quit CE a few years ago and never returned because he was convinced he was witch-hunted by the mods and admins. I KNOW that was not the case. He broke the rules, was suspended and that was it. But he was having none of it and nothing I could say made one jot of difference. He believed what he wanted to believe.

They are a cabal of about five who continue to do the same. It’s all good .... I mean only a loser in life takes CE so seriously that they would care that much. Nevertheless while Tobi should not be exonerated there are statutes here for personal baiting and I think that needs to be enforced as well
I know you wouldn't want to mention names but it would really help if forumers could bring their grievances out into the open for ALL to speak their minds. Nobody is sacred.

Personally, I can assure you that from where I am sitting, I witness and engage in only fair debate in the Mods' Hut. Led by the very able Cellular, we often agree to disagree and come up with a decision. Nothing is hidden. Yes, we are mostly Nigerians but even YUJAM has stood accused simply because he is NOT Nigerian!

AS for the personal baiting, I hear you and it seems many agree with you. Its up to the forum itself to decide how far we want to go on that. Anyway, maybe its about time the whole mod team is reshuffled sef. E don tay small and I personally have no desire to be part of a Mugabe-style administration.

Sorry for the long epistle but I thought this was an opportunity for me to try and make my position clear.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

mcal wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Its funny how Tobi gets reported and banned but Kongi and Schillachi constantly get a pass here. These 2 regularly insult other forumers and are ethic bigots. But hey CE is a microcosm of the corrupt mess that is Nigeria so I'm not surprised.
And you add the bigot of them all, NFA Chairman still roaming around like a rodent!

I have said it many times, this Forum is all about padi padi government! Sadly, CE is a replica of Nigeria and the natives just fold their hands and do nothing. :roll:
...that's why I don't give flipping shiit about them thieves. I'll call them out asap let the chips fall where they may.
I have lived longer than most of them, and have seen how good Nigeria was before they showed up with their idiotic pot bellied fat faced idiots that go around killing children and fellow citizens.
Thief Esthiefanus Mumucal has spoken! :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:Tobi17, no matter the provocation, parental abuse is a complee no-no. :boo:
Sorry mate... its not gonna be good.
Oh really? so when that homeless cunnnt Anikulapo called me a *kindperson* where were you?? I reported it and what did the mods do> or the rabid wretched dog from a canine home, Oja Fry Pan Head?? Did he not insult my family???

So, all of a sudden you guys can now see that Parental Abuse is a no no???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me see anyone dare ban Tobi17 and all of you will hear from me! nonsense! When its your imbecile friends insulting people's families, you guys keep quiet. Now you can open your mouth and say parental abuse is a no no. Dont let me slap the hell out of your eyes this morning. Nonsense!
Dear Sir ....

It seems to me that the majority of your posts on this forum contain unprovoked crass insults directed at other forumers. When you are not doing that, you are casting aspersions on the intelligence of the average Nigerian in a way that would not be tolerated from a white person. Sometimes you manage to include an actual argument about the thread topic alongside the gratuitous insults, but other times your posts can conveniently be skipped because there is nothing there except crass insults.

Oddly enough, you are constantly complaining that moderators are discriminating against you .... apparently by allowing you insult everyone all the time without suspending you. You say you have in the past reported forumers for insulting you, but did you include in the complaint the fact that you insulted them first?

You are intelligent enough to make your points without insulting people ... and without taking friendly thread conversations and turning them into mudslinging contests.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The Eagle wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:Tobi17, no matter the provocation, parental abuse is a complee no-no. :boo:
Sorry mate... its not gonna be good.
Oh really? so when that homeless cunnnt Anikulapo called me a *kindperson* where were you?? I reported it and what did the mods do> or the rabid wretched dog from a canine home, Oja Fry Pan Head?? Did he not insult my family???

So, all of a sudden you guys can now see that Parental Abuse is a no no???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me see anyone dare ban Tobi17 and all of you will hear from me! nonsense! When its your imbecile friends insulting people's families, you guys keep quiet. Now you can open your mouth and say parental abuse is a no no. Dont let me slap the hell out of your eyes this morning. Nonsense!
Dear Sir ....

It seems to me that the majority of your posts on this forum contain unprovoked crass insults directed at other forumers. When you are not doing that, you are casting aspersions on the intelligence of the average Nigerian in a way that would not be tolerated from a white person. Sometimes you manage to include an actual argument about the thread topic alongside the gratuitous insults, but other times your posts can conveniently be skipped because there is nothing there except crass insults.

Oddly enough, you are constantly complaining that moderators are discriminating against you .... apparently by allowing you insult everyone all the time without suspending you. You say you have in the past reported forumers for insulting you, but did you include in the complaint the fact that you insulted them first?

You are intelligent enough to make your points without insulting people ... and without taking friendly thread conversations and turning them into mudslinging contests.

Dear Sir

Dont ever respond to me again, until you have taken care of the report I made about Anikuladunce and Oja Fry Pan Head insulting my parents.

Take this as a last warning.

Thank you.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:There has always been insults on CE since day one...
This is true.
Back in the early days - the late 90s - I joined CE after Rudeboy told me about this place.
My very first day I was reading a thread and a Ghanaian or Ugandan or somn' was being insulted left, right and centre. Alarmed, I posted some response about 'African solidarity' and the disrespectful nature of the 'discourse'...or some BS like that... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

When they turned and descended on me with correct abuse, nobody told me to adjust myself.
I was like, 'Okaaaaayyyyy.....wrong entrance"

The rest is history. :)
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

The Eagle wrote:
Oddly enough, you are constantly complaining that moderators are discriminating against you .... apparently by allowing you insult everyone all the time without suspending you..
Lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

smartbrother wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Oddly enough, you are constantly complaining that moderators are discriminating against you .... apparently by allowing you insult everyone all the time without suspending you..
Lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I missed that! :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:There has always been insults on CE since day one...
This is true.
Back in the early days - the late 90s - I joined CE after Rudeboy told me about this place.
My very first day I was reading a thread and a Ghanaian or Ugandan or somn' was being insulted left, right and centre. Alarmed, I posted some response about 'African solidarity' and the disrespectful nature of the 'discourse'...or some BS like that... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

When they turned and descended on me with correct abuse, nobody told me to adjust myself.
I was like, 'Okaaaaayyyyy.....wrong entrance"

The rest is history. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember when I waya'd Chief Ogbunigwe from nowhere on one thread like that, the guy was dazed.... I don forget the topic.... but the guy's response of confusion was remarkable. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Okay Da Munk I rest my case. My point has been made. Just read through this thread ... nothing more to say :idea:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.