Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:27 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 am
Posts: 3804
After looking at group A...

Why not do the draw like NBA lottery ...let the machine spin the ball and roll them out.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 am
Posts: 3209
Location: Cut-N-Shoot, TX
You have to realize there is money involved, thus the need to consider match-ups that will be more appealing to the
fans of the sport, and get fans of rich teams to spend more. Imagine if the machine spits out Germany, Brazil, Spain,
and Nigeria in Group A
. What about a bracket that allows a semi-final of Panama and Iceland? Worse yet, replace hosts
Russia with Germany in the proposed group A above, which would likely translate to the hosts watching their guests perform after
the first round.
Bro., draws like the NBA lottery would ruin the competition and festival atmosphere intended for the world cup.

_________________
Though religion is a concept that simply can not be ignored. The fact that a deity could
stand idly by while one of his creations slaughters another simply in his name, is a mystery I
doubt theologists would dare touch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 1852
I’m questioning this Fifa organization and their draw process because there’s no way a team like Nigeria should be facing Argentina in the group stage 5 times in 24 years. I believe that politicians, betting syndicates are all involved in this Fifa draw.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 1852
Joso if Fifa wants to break out of its comfort zone and wants a new team besides the usual “big boys” to win the World Cup then there shouldn’t be any seeding. Just place all 32 teams in one bracket and draw 4 of them each if there are marquee line up at group stage that’s absolutely okay. It’s time for a new team to experience the power of winning a World Cup


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 8773
john12 wrote:
I’m questioning this Fifa organization and their draw process because there’s no way a team like Nigeria should be facing Argentina in the group stage 5 times in 24 years. I believe that politicians, betting syndicates are all involved in this Fifa draw.

:lol:

I don't think so. What do they have to gain?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 1852
Money Money, Economy power and more money. What else do you think


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 am
Posts: 3804
joao wrote:
You have to realize there is money involved, thus the need to consider match-ups that will be more appealing to the
fans of the sport, and get fans of rich teams to spend more. Imagine if the machine spits out Germany, Brazil, Spain,
and Nigeria in Group A
. What about a bracket that allows a semi-final of Panama and Iceland? Worse yet, replace hosts
Russia with Germany in the proposed group A above, which would likely translate to the hosts watching their guests perform after
the first round.
Bro., draws like the NBA lottery would ruin the competition and festival atmosphere intended for the world cup.


No, the Ranking still stands but the rest of the draw is what I am talking about...Nothing will change in the Pot 1-4 of the deserving to be in the individual pots.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 am
Posts: 3804
john12 wrote:
I’m questioning this Fifa organization and their draw process because there’s no way a team like Nigeria should be facing Argentina in the group stage 5 times in 24 years. I believe that politicians, betting syndicates are all involved in this Fifa draw.

4 out 5 times in this millennium.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 8773
Benedict Iroha wrote:
john12 wrote:
I’m questioning this Fifa organization and their draw process because there’s no way a team like Nigeria should be facing Argentina in the group stage 5 times in 24 years. I believe that politicians, betting syndicates are all involved in this Fifa draw.

4 out 5 times in this millennium.



Hopefully, that would give the SE enough practice to finally beat a S. American team. At least its not Brazil.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 8773
But I wonder the logic the Argentines had in playing a friendly with SE. Odds are there for all to see.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 1852
Super eagles problem against Argentina has always been Messi. We seem to over respect Messi any time we face Argentina. Hopefully, we can play anti football this time


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 8773
john12 wrote:
Super eagles problem against Argentina has always been Messi. We seem to over respect Messi any time we face Argentina. Hopefully, we can play anti football this time



So Messi, played in 1994 and 2002 too?

Abegii :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 1852
True, our problem against Argentina transcends Messi but in the last 2 times at wc it has been Messi vs Enyeama


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 8773
I stumbled onto the last WC again, wow...SE could have beaten them. anyway they could have beaten so many other times too :lol:
I think this team has a very good chance this time, if they can continue to control their exuberance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 1852
ANC stop lying we couldn’t had beaten them the last time. Infact, enyeama had to pull another MOM to keep that scoreline respectable. Go and rewatch the 10 minutes highlights on YouTube then respond


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 8773
I just did. The score was 2-3, no?

The last time I checked a goalkeeper is still part of a team.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 20361
Location: Ukwuani
john12 wrote:
ANC stop lying we couldn’t had beaten them the last time. Infact, enyeama had to pull another MOM to keep that scoreline respectable. Go and rewatch the 10 minutes highlights on YouTube then respond

... without Enyeama, we probably would have conceded 10 goals in 2010 match with Argentina. The game was basically between Enyeama and Messi

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 8773
Odas wrote:
john12 wrote:
ANC stop lying we couldn’t had beaten them the last time. Infact, enyeama had to pull another MOM to keep that scoreline respectable. Go and rewatch the 10 minutes highlights on YouTube then respond

... without Enyeama, we probably would have conceded 10 goals in 2010 match with Argentina. The game was basically between Enyeama and Messi






Without Messi, Argentina would probably have not scored a single goal.

Bros na wetin, are you guys okay


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54256
Location: United Kingdom
john12 wrote:
Joso if Fifa wants to break out of its comfort zone and wants a new team besides the usual “big boys” to win the World Cup then there shouldn’t be any seeding. Just place all 32 teams in one bracket and draw 4 of them each if there are marquee line up at group stage that’s absolutely okay. It’s time for a new team to experience the power of winning a World Cup


Other teams need to win the World Cup squarely through hard work. France did on 98 and Spain did it in 2010, so no one has any excuses.

Why should FIFA assist anyone? Would that not be unfair to those who won it through sheer hard work?

Teams that can win the World Cup in our lifetime include:
Holland
Nigeria
Mexico
South Africa
Egypt
Japan

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 9:38 am
Posts: 8984
Location: iteakwa aka Port Harcourt
Odas wrote:
john12 wrote:
ANC stop lying we couldn’t had beaten them the last time. Infact, enyeama had to pull another MOM to keep that scoreline respectable. Go and rewatch the 10 minutes highlights on YouTube then respond

... without Enyeama, we probably would have conceded 10 goals in 2010 match with Argentina. The game was basically between Enyeama and Messi

And without Messi, what would probably have happened?

_________________
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: charlie, Chriskendo43, EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA, Google [Bot], jette1, kbt, lasgides, maceo4, oloye, Tobi17 and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group