Comments on refereeing of FRA - NGA. Read and weep

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Comments on refereeing of FRA - NGA. Read and weep

Post by Scipio Africanus »

http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/match- ... 542/page-3
56 minute - should have been a red card to #14 France. Geiger gave a yellow. Complete miss.
$#%, that's a red
gotta be red...that was awful.
Yeesh. That could've broken his ankle.
Yeesh. That probably did break his ankle.
Unfortunately FIFY. Should have gone red there.
Wow...that should have been a RC.
I think that should be red.
Missed SFP. Oops.
54' caution could have easily been red.
Yes that could have been a red. But a yellow is not unreasonable.

I would not call it a shocker.

Even the Nigernian players did not harangue the ref for a red card there.

Look at the straight reds so far: the Italian in the uruguay game and the belgian in the south korea game. They went straight studs up into the shins.

This is not the same.

If this stuff happens again, ALL Nigerian players, including goalie, should surround the ref and put pressure on him. Imagine the nonsense France got away with against us.

Wha choo looking at?!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Comments on refereeing of FRA - NGA. Read and weep

Post by zee »

When I said that the WC was stolen from the great MIC :clap: :clap: .....................it was just the plain truth.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

zee wrote:When I said that the WC was stolen from the great MIC :clap: :clap: .....................it was just the plain truth.
:agree: That team deserved to make the QF, minimum.

Wha choo looking at?!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Our players and coaching staff was naïve on the day. When Evra fowled Osaze, our players should have surrounded Gieger and demanded a pk. When that imbecile Girould Elbowed Mikel, Mikel should have fell on the floor like he had been shot by a sniper and our players and coaching crew should have screamed at the ref. Keshi and Amocahi should have been on the Assistant ref face all day. As for Matuidi fowl on Onazi, that was criminal refereeing and yet again our players did not demand a red. Had our players especially Yobo, Osaze, Mikel and Emenike showed leadership on the day, I am confident we would have beaten those French fuuks. Oh and fuuk Mark Geiger that New jersey sewer rat. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

It was another hack job by the ref on us. Probably the worst one since the U-20 World Cup.

Emenike's goal should have counted. We should have had a penalty, and the French should have been down to 9 men.

Ultimately, all those factors, and to a bigger extent, our own internal issues, go the better of us. It is still always up to Nigeria to defeat Nigeria. A couple of our own issues.

1) There were about 7 players who had no business in a WC in that team. Zee, you love Keshi, and he is a Nigerian hero, but maybe you should speak to Ideye about the messy business the led to him missing the WC. We can't overcome some of our issues if we don't address them.

2) Fighting over money. The team was up till the wee hours of game day fighting/ having meetings over money and bonuses.

3) Once Onazi went off, and we had to look to the bench, the impact of those 7 passengers was felt. Gabriel Ruben (who was up and coming during the qualifiers, but had been out for a year injured) really looked like he did not belong to the field. The maligned Ramon Azeez may have been a better sub.

4) Enyeama and Yobo donated goals to the French. Many have their heads in the sand here, but Enyeama costs us an much as he helps us. The French game was a good example.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

FIFA has the nerve to invite that referee to Russia.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The tackle was risky but wasn’t intentional. Therefore, it was upon the referee discretion to give a red card. Anyway, we didn’t deserve to win that game at all. France dominated from start to finish despite not playing at full gear. We barely created chances and our goalie was saving multiple shots
Last edited by john12 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Truetalk stop lying Emenike was clearly offside. People needs to be analyzing game from their head and not heart.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Just saw the highlights of the game for the first time ever. Memories.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

john12 wrote:The tackle was malicious but wasn’t intentional. Therefore, it was upon the referee discretion to give a red card. Anyway, we didn’t deserve to win that game at all. France dominated from start to finish despite not playing at full gear. We barely created chances and our goalie was saving multiple shots

Malicious or not that's a red card. Had roles been reversed, Gieger would have given Onazi a straight red.. Also the French were not dominant. They had more clear cut chances but Onazi and Mikel kept Pogba and Co at bay. The fowl on Onazi tilted the game to Frances favor. That and the dubious referring.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

bret- hart wrote:Our players and coaching staff was naïve on the day. When Evra fowled Osaze, our players should have surrounded Gieger and demanded a pk. When that imbecile Girould Elbowed Mikel, Mikel should have fell on the floor like he had been shot by a sniper and our players and coaching crew should have screamed at the ref. Keshi and Amocahi should have been on the Assistant ref face all day. As for Matuidi fowl on Onazi, that was criminal refereeing and yet again our players did not demand a red. Had our players especially Yobo, Osaze, Mikel and Emenike showed leadership on the day, I am confident we would have beaten those French fuuks. Oh and fuuk Mark Geiger that New jersey sewer rat. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
:agree: :agree: :agree:

These incidents should be mentioned in every WC related press conference given by the Nigerian coaching staff from here on out, every opportunity they get. Put pressure on these hacks and let them know they are being closely watched.

Wha choo looking at?!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Once again stop lying. We were never dominant in their other half we were just passing the ball around in our half without posing a real threat or creating any opportunities while frances created multiple chances from start to finish. This moral victory nonsense has to stop! We deservedly lost with and without Onazi
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

john12 wrote:The tackle was malicious but wasn’t intentional. Therefore, it was upon the referee discretion to give a red card. Anyway, we didn’t deserve to win that game at all. France dominated from start to finish despite not playing at full gear. We barely created chances and our goalie was saving multiple shots
Chairman. You clearly have an inferiority complex, and I know you want everyone to agree with you that we will get 0 points and chop 10 goals in Russia.

That will satisfy your small man mentality.

Take the advice I am giving to the SE and Nigerians. Work on yourself, improve yourself, and then you can take on the world with confidence.

That is why some of us are extremely critical about the few sub-par players still left on the team. We must go to Russia with a solid 23 and a great team, so we have a good chance to fulfill the potential we've always had.

You can continue with your imaginary pity party and very real mediocre mind set. The rest of us will move on without you.
Last edited by truetalk on Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

john12 wrote:Once again stop lying. We were never dominant in their other half we were just passing the ball around in our half without posing a real threat or creating any opportunities while frances created multiple chances from start to finish. This moral victory nonsense has to stop! We deservedly lost with and without Onazi

My friend you are talking rubbish go and sit down.

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

john12 wrote:Truetalk stop lying Emenike was clearly offside. People needs to be analyzing game from their head and not heart.
TFCO, candidate for Grammar School!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

How do I have an inferiority complex because I try to analyze games impartially and emotionless? That’s the best way to grow. You must admit your weakness, work on your weakness then regroup and beat the odds. I don’t like moral victories anymore nor lying smh
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

john12 wrote:Once again stop lying. We were never dominant in their other half we were just passing the ball around in our half without posing a real threat or creating any opportunities while frances created multiple chances from start to finish. This moral victory nonsense has to stop! We deservedly lost with and without Onazi
just shut up and go online re-watch the match till Onazi's exit.
I just can't stand buffoons. :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I watched the game live and have rewatched the highlights multiple times. There’s no need to lie matuidi tackle was risky but it wasn’t intentional. Therefore, it was upon the referee discretion to hand out a red card. Overall, we couldn’t even create clear cut chances while France had multiple chances from start to end. We deserved to lose that game and many neutrals can attest to it based on the highlights
Last edited by john12 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

But the Nigerian players looked aloof to what was happening right in front of them!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

john12 wrote:I watched the game live and have rewatched the highlights multiple times. There’s no need to lie matuidi tackle was malicious but it wasn’t intentional. Therefore, it was upon the referee discretion to hand out a red card. Overall, we couldn’t even create clear cut chances while France had multiple chances from start to end. We deserve to lose that game and many neutrals can attest to it based on the highlights
The bolded words confirm that you do not know the meaning of the word "malicious".

How can you not know the meaning of the word "malicious" and expect to be taken seriously? :woot:

Wha choo looking at?!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I meant Risky* fixed
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The world cup referee in the 1994 game Nigeria vs argentina is my good friend, we met in a project last hear and we are pretty close, can remember that game, his decisions were a bit suspect, told me one or 2 things about FIFA, corrupt to the core
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

We all know Fifa is a corrupt organization but it still not going to negate the fact that we deserved to lose against France judging by the overall game.