Knowing the opponent - Ivan Perisic

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Knowing the opponent - Ivan Perisic

Post by wiseone »

I would actually make Croatia group favourites.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

wiseone wrote:I would actually make Croatia group favourites.
I wouldn't.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

You've hit upon who I think is the best Croatian player: Ivan Perisic. He's a beats. Attacking and defending. I believe him doing his job is the key to Rakitic and Modric being able to do theirs. Perhaps, if he comes to form, Kovacic. Keep in mind that Croatia dominated possession across the qualifying, including both games against Iceland.

Goals were a problem during qualifying. As well as giving up silly goals. I think the former is being fixed with the latter a question mark.

Morale was bad during most of qualifying. Cacic was about the worst coach since 1998. He got fired right before the Ukraine game, the last in regular qualifying. We've well beaten the Ukraine and Greece since to get to the WC. I think Dalic is turning the team around in terms of unity and self belief...which has been a problem for psychologically suspect Croatia.

For me, so far, it comes down to Nigerian counterattack vs Croatian possession. Which will be more compelling? Of course, I'll be looking at the Nigerian team a lot more. Maybe Nigeria can possess against Croatia? We'll see.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Just to reinforce the idea of Croatians being ill disciplined: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domagoj_Vida

On 24 September 2012, Vida was thrown out of the first team and the team bus after he opened up a beer while the team were on their way to a cup match. He also had several altercations with Dinamo head coach Ante Čačić prior to this incident.[7] The next day, it was announced that he would be fined a record €100,000.

There are many more such incidents. Again, Croatia is capable of unraveling due to in-fighting and poor discipline. Coach Dalic is addressing this...but I can't say we have a competent FA, so it's a toss up.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Rohr seems to think that the Argentina game will be crucial apparently because we might drop points to Croatia and/or Iceland. Hopefully na mind games. The matches have already begun.
[/video]
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

mate wrote:Just to reinforce the idea of Croatians being ill disciplined: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domagoj_Vida

On 24 September 2012, Vida was thrown out of the first team and the team bus after he opened up a beer while the team were on their way to a cup match. He also had several altercations with Dinamo head coach Ante Čačić prior to this incident.[7] The next day, it was announced that he would be fined a record €100,000.

There are many more such incidents. Again, Croatia is capable of unraveling due to in-fighting and poor discipline. Coach Dalic is addressing this...but I can't say we have a competent FA, so it's a toss up.
Mate :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I knew we were going to see you here when the draw was made, How are you and the family? How are you enjoying Trumps america........
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

I will be happy with a draw with Croatia and I have a feeling we will beat Argentina and Iceland.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Welcome mate.. nice to see you again!
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Prince wrote:
mate wrote:Just to reinforce the idea of Croatians being ill disciplined: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domagoj_Vida

Mate :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I knew we were going to see you here when the draw was made, How are you and the family? How are you enjoying Trumps america........
All is extremely well for me and family personally. I detest Trump and hope he's impeached sooner rather than later. I'm concerned for my USA, losing out on the WC being the final straw!

:|

But we still have a big world. Especially football. We all wished for it over the years...Nigeria and Croatia, two aspiring big mouthed peoples!

:)

I'm going to be in Russia for a July 3rd 2nd round game. I'm coming earlier and trying to get a ticket for a late 1st round game. Maybe some of us cross paths in Russia? Yujam and I stated discussing it on Facebook.