Knowing the opponent - Ivan Perisic

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Knowing the opponent - Ivan Perisic

Post by YUJAM »

This guy appears to be a big time star for Inter - Series A leaders at the moment. I don't think I've seen him play though. I've only been reading about him.

How good is he really?
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Knowing the opponent - Ivan Perisic

Post by danfo driver »

He is very effective. he is one of those players that you know what you get when you have him on your team. If its goals and assists you want, you get that from him.

He is very direct. Although he is quite good with dribbling, he is more interested in being direct in his attacking. Running the wing back, getting passed the wing back and delivering a perfect cross. He is very good with crosses.

He is very hard working. He can run for days. He doesnt get tired, so whoever has to mark him, has to be ready to run and run and run.

He is two footed. He is very unpredictable because he can use his left and right foot with equal potency.

He is physically strong. He is not one of those wingers you can bully off the ball. As hardworking as he is, he is also strong and dogged. He will fight and fight and fight with you.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

He plays on the left for Croatia, so he will probably be directly opposed by Moses and one of Shehu/Ebuehi.

Wha choo looking at?!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Hmmm. He seems like a formidable opponent. Croatia is going to be a very tough opponent for the SE
danfo driver wrote:He is very effective. he is one of those players that you know what you get when you have him on your team. If its goals and assists you want, you get that from him.

He is very direct. Although he is quite good with dribbling, he is more interested in being direct in his attacking. Running the wing back, getting passed the wing back and delivering a perfect cross. He is very good with crosses.

He is very hard working. He can run for days. He doesnt get tired, so whoever has to mark him, has to be ready to run and run and run.

He is two footed. He is very unpredictable because he can use his left and right foot with equal potency.

He is physically strong. He is not one of those wingers you can bully off the ball. As hardworking as he is, he is also strong and dogged. He will fight and fight and fight with you.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Good player. Between him and Mandzukic, Croatia has some really hardworking, grafters who are stars in their own right.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

He is kind of similar to De Maria. Expect that kind of input from him.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I was expecting someone to start panicking because he scored a hat trick today. Inter and Croatia also loses games when he's on the field. That's all we need to know
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Ayo Akinfe wrote:He is kind of similar to De Maria. Expect that kind of input from him.
He is physically much stronger than Di Maria

Wha choo looking at?!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:He is kind of similar to De Maria. Expect that kind of input from him.
Similar in what way???
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Perisic scores number 2 for Croatia against Cameroon. Similar to his goal against Spain at Euro 2016.

[/video]

Watch from 0:50 and try to mute the horrible music.

Wha choo looking at?!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Abdulahi/Ebuehi will have his hands full with him. Very good winger.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He’ll have his hands full of the other end with Moses and Iwobi running the flanks. We’ve faced better wingers at the wc and did well in defending them. No shaking! :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Cameroon were actually doing just fine before Alex Song decided to destroy his career.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... ootballers

Looked into their team a bit more. Their midfield and offense are frightening but D is very weak with the likes of Lovren
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

YUJAM wrote:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... ootballers

Looked into their team a bit more. Their midfield and offense are frightening but D is very weak with the likes of Lovren
Yujam, football is not played on paper. All those names mean nothing on the green grass and do not scare me one bit. During the qualifiers what did Manzukic and Rakatic do for Croatia?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Yujam, football is not played on paper. All those names mean nothing on the green grass and do not scare me one bit. During the qualifiers what did Manzukic and Rakatic do for Croatia?
Glad you believe that games aren't played on paper.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

YUJAM wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

He did only believes his own paper.:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

:lol: :roll:

Ayo has long believed in his own paper teams

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

He did only believes his own paper.:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo and Kongi, calm down! This is not about praising the opposition. I don’t believe Yujam or anyone has said Croatia will destroy us. It seems to me that this threat is about discussing the strength and the weaknesses of the opposition.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

A weakness I believe they have us that they okay Brosovic as a DM. I have watched him a few times but never scouted him, so I don’t know if he is strong smdefensicely, but he is a traditional number 8 and his instincts are attacking— think about Lampard.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

danfo driver wrote:A weakness I believe they have us that they okay Brosovic as a DM. I have watched him a few times but never scouted him, so I don’t know if he is strong smdefensicely, but he is a traditional number 8 and his instincts are attacking— think about Lampard.
Interesting. I think the SE can trouble them greatly with speed. The RB they have at Atleti is no big shakes either. The key to me is to deal with Rakitic and Modric in midfield and play a swift counter attacking game
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

He can play on either left or right side so our fullbacks will have a full day keeping him at bay. The good thing is Croatia is not built to sit back so they will leave space for our forwards to exploit. If we take our chances we beat them. This is why it is imperative Echijile is dropped because if Rhor fields him against Percisic...I cant even fathom it. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: I cant wait for this match. Its going to be a bloodbath.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Croatia play with no defensive midfielder. The closest they have to one is Rakitic, but basically the entire midfield is poor at breaking up play. That creates a massive hole between the defence and the attack.