Who will be the only black coach at the world cup in 2018?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

camex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Who will be the only black coach at the world cup in 2018?

Post by camex »

Who can name him?Image
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Who will be the only black coach at the world cup in 201

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Lions of Teranga!!! I can see Aliou Cisse doing well and repeating their 2002 feat of getting to the quarter finals.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

camex wrote:Who can name him?
Abeg, where is our own coach? I no see am there.
These ojoro people have started already.... :sneaky:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Damunk wrote:
camex wrote:Who can name him?
Abeg, where is our own coach? I no see am there.
These ojoro people have started already.... :sneaky:
He is 2nd from the right.

"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

too early to say. There is till time for coaches to be hired/fired
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

Very true

Molue Conductor wrote:too early to say. There is till time for coaches to be hired/fired
Goldenera94
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

goldenera94 wrote:Very true

Molue Conductor wrote:too early to say. There is till time for coaches to be hired/fired
There is no nations cup in between, so he is somewhat safe
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

A picture says a thousand words. Tomorrow the argument will be for Rooney Rules to stop Allardyce monopolising the managerial market. Black nations, with FAs of similar hue, don't even entrust their own with the task of taking their Cinderella to the big dance. Who is Django to ask for a slice of Big Sam's pie when the pots in his own kitchen are boiling pasta, no ogbonno for miles. Gerroff! If Rohr has any sense, there's a certain Prof on a well earned sabbatical from the rigors of the Premiership, illuminating the market place. Move quick before the others do. #MasterMason. #ProfessionalProfessor. #oftheSciences
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Coach wrote:A picture says a thousand words. Tomorrow the argument will be for Rooney Rules to stop Allardyce monopolising the managerial market. Black nations, with FAs of similar hue, don't even entrust their own with the task of taking their Cinderella to the big dance. Who is Django to ask for a slice of Big Sam's pie when the pots in his own kitchen are boiling pasta, no ogbonno for miles. Gerroff! If Rohr has any sense, there's a certain Prof on a well earned sabbatical from the rigors of the Premiership, illuminating the market place. Move quick before the others do. #MasterMason. #ProfessionalProfessor. #oftheSciences
Keep in mind only 2 black African nations qualified. So at most, it would have just been 2 anyway, unless the non-black nations hire black coaches.
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

No black people in Peru, Panama, Brazil, Colombia?
Orion wrote:
Coach wrote:A picture says a thousand words. Tomorrow the argument will be for Rooney Rules to stop Allardyce monopolising the managerial market. Black nations, with FAs of similar hue, don't even entrust their own with the task of taking their Cinderella to the big dance. Who is Django to ask for a slice of Big Sam's pie when the pots in his own kitchen are boiling pasta, no ogbonno for miles. Gerroff! If Rohr has any sense, there's a certain Prof on a well earned sabbatical from the rigors of the Premiership, illuminating the market place. Move quick before the others do. #MasterMason. #ProfessionalProfessor. #oftheSciences
Keep in mind only 2 black African nations qualified. So at most, it would have just been 2 anyway, unless the non-black nations hire black coaches.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

ogiso wrote:No black people in Peru, Panama, Brazil, Colombia?
There are also blacks in most European countries but they're not black nations, which is the subject of my post.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Orion wrote:
Black managerial talent will emerge if there is a demand for it. After all, clubs are willing to shell out millions for black footballing talent and teams even as conservative as Germany have broken traditional barriers by including immigrant kids including those of African descent. So let black coaches up their game and show they are special enough to be considered.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

frankly I am suspect about aliou Cisse. I wish him well but I have questions about him.

To me Senegal is operating far below their potential if you look at the players they have at their disposal.

Contrast this with Nigeria who I believe are currently playing very close to their potential.

Also Cisse is reportedly beefing with Keita Balde, and there are even reports that Balde may not go to the WC.

Why is it always indigenous African coaches that have these "beefs" I never seem to see European coaches in Africa "beef" with players.

IMO Balde can be better than Mane at times. Cisse will be a fool not to bury the hatchet and make sure Keita Balde is happy and on the plane to Russia.