SUPER EAGLES PLAYER PROFILES (HERE)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
SUPER EAGLES PLAYER PROFILES (HERE)

Post by Enugu II »

‘What I Went Through Before Joining Super Eagles’- Brian Idowu
https://yewaloaded.com/sports/what-i-we ... ian-idowu/
November 30, 2017 Adekillzy Sports 0

Russian-born Super Eagles defender, Bryan Idowu, has revealed what he went through before joining Gernot Rohr’s men in Russia prior to the friendly match against Argentina.

Idowu said he was filled with anxiety and grappled with uncertainty ahead of his first meeting with the Nigerian team.

The defender had his first cap with the Nigeria during an international friendly against Argentina in Krasnodar on November 14.

He told Amker Perm’s official website, “There was a feeling that I had come to view. Everything is new, you do not know anybody, nobody knows me, it’s unclear how we will meet, what will be the situation, how I will look in training.

“I watched as a real football fan of John Obi Mikel, who at Chelsea took all the big titles, on Ndidi and Ihenacho, who play in Leicester, Iwobi at London’s Arsenal.

“A lot of good players, whose game I used to watch on TV. And then they greet me and now we are together in the same team.

“The atmosphere and the training process were positive, a lot of jokes during warm-up, for example. And I think everyone saw a video where I played a song on a chair, as traditionally done by all newcomers – this is one of the positive moments that were in the team.”

Born to a Nigerian father and a half Nigerian and half Russian mother, Idowu went on to score in the game against Argentina after replacing Ola Aina.

He added, “Over the past two years, the goal for Nigeria, of course, is the brightest event for me because it came in my first match for the country.

“There were a lot of fans inside the stadium. When the ball flew into the goal, I did not even believe that I really managed to score on my debut.

”I was emotional after the game. Everyone was happy for me when I scored, and it’s nice.”
Last edited by Enugu II on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: Brian IDOWU Speaks on Joining SE...

Post by Flex Swift »

Enugu would you mind changing the title of your thread to Super Eagles player profiles and we could post player profiles of the current team here?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Brian IDOWU Speaks on Joining SE...

Post by Enugu II »

Flex Swift wrote:Enugu would you mind changing the title of your thread to Super Eagles player profiles and we could post player profiles of the current team here?
Done
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: SUPER EAGLES PLAYER PROFILES (HERE)

Post by Bigpokey24 »

where is Mikel's profile?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:

“The atmosphere and the training process were positive, a lot of jokes during warm-up, for example. And I think everyone saw a video where I played a song on a chair, as traditionally done by all newcomers – this is one of the positive moments that were in the team.”
Some forumers were deriding this new ritual...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Henry Onyekuru (possible Eagles squad member)
Born Onitsha position Forward. Helped Eupen secure promotion to Belgiums top flight scoring 6 goals. 2nd campaign scored 22 league goals 2016/17 campaign. His performances saw him transfer to Everton and then loaned to Anderlect where he has had the opportunity to participate in the champions league. Unfortunately Onyekuru is yet to find the net in the competition and Anderlect have been eliminated from the champions league. The competition has provided Henry with valuable experience .

Onyekuru is 5 ft 9 operates on right at the pinnacle of attack or supporting on either wing. Qualities has pace can dribble and is clinical in front of goal. The player uses both feet. Has three caps for Nigeria no goals so far and no assists. Needs to contribute more to the game when without the ball. He is the type of player Croatia, Iceland and Argentina would not want to play against however competition for places is fierce.

Onyeruru has 8 leagues goals for Anderlect so far and has between now and the end of the season to force his way into the Super Eagles World Cup squad.
PS:
Onyeruru will be in action tonight 5/12/2017 in the champions league against Celtic ,hoping he breaks his duck.

Nigeria Superstar in the making played 90mins in Anderlect’s final champions league game. Once again Onyeruru draw another blank failing to get on the scoreboard as Anderlect beat Celtic 1-nil. This draws a close to Onyeruru’s champions league debuts season as Anderlect failed to qualify for the knock stage and failed to qualify for UEFA cup finishing bottom of the group table. The question now is will he be called back to Everton in January to help them avoid relegation. From a Nigeria prospective all we want is for our man to play games and score goals and gain as much experience as possible before the World Cup.....
Last edited by Flex Swift on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Moses Daddy Ajala Simon born in Jos age 22 position left wing,can use both feet ,currently plays for KAA Gent in Belgium. Honours: has won the Belgium league and Cup. Played in the champions league last season but Gent were eliminated at the group stage of the competition. Simon has 15 caps and 3 international goals so far . He played a major part in securing Nigeria’s qualification to the World Cup. Scoring and providing assists.

The choice for Rohl for who starts on Nigeria’s left attack has been between Simon and Alex Iwobi with Onyeruru now providing additional competition.

Main asset : speed , dribbling , good finisher, set plays good direct free kick taker and able to assist defensively. Areas of concern :the final ball and excessive dribbling but this seems to be fading from his game as he has improved significantly from his time with AS Trencin. Assuming no injuries or no serious loss of form it is almost certain he will make the World Cup squad.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Gotti wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Some forumers were deriding this new ritual...

Who in their right mind would find fault with this? :shock:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

The group stage of the champions league is now over & only Moses will play in the knock out stage of the competition. Onyeruru’s Anderlect finished last in a group that consisted of Celtic ,PSG and Bayen. The Nigerian international failed to score in any of the group matches.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Victor Moses - Postion Wingback club Chelsea. Previous clubs Crystal Palace, Wigan Athletic loan spells at Liverpool, Stoke City and West Ham. International career :u16& u17 represented England u-19 and u-21.

Moses switched to play international football for Nigeria 2011 . Moses played a key role in helping Nigeria win its third nations cup title scoring several goals during the tournament. Moses represented Nigeria at the last World Cup in Brasil. Strengths : fast, skilful, dribbles, confident penalty taker, stamina and can last the full 90 mins: weakness can dwell on the ball for too long and can be selfish when inside the penalty box with the ball. Moses was a key player in-securing World Cup 2018 qualification for Nigeria it is most certain barring any injuries Moses will be one of the first players selected for the World Cup squad where his experience will be needed.