I've always wondered about Pogba

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
I've always wondered about Pogba

Post by cic old boy »

I'm not sold on his ability as a player and I've always wondered whether the chemicals he dies his hair with have seeped into his brain. You just DON'T say something like this. Thinking it is bad, saying it is a double whammy of stupidity.
Paul Pogba has suggested Manchester City's phenomenal start to the Premier League season could still be curtailed by injuries to key players.

Manchester City have won 13 of their opening 14 games to the season leaving them eight points clear of Manchester United at the top of the table.

In an interview on BBC's Football Focus Pogba insisted Manchester United's own title challenge has been hampered by injuries to a number of key players.

"I hope - and it's bad to say things like this - but I hope they will get some very important players injured like what happened with us," said Pogba, who recently returned to action after sustaining a hamstring injury in September.

"People don't see this, don't speak about this, but every time we have important players that get injured when there is important games.

"So if that starts happening with them as well maybe we'll get a little difference. A little touch that makes them weaker."
More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... -injuries/
http://www.naijiant.com/
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I've always wondered about Pogba

Post by smartbrother »

He is an amazing player.
But that is a really dumb thing to say
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Lost in translation, he probably meant the only way we can catch them is if they have injuries to key players.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

cic old boy wrote:I'm not sold on his ability as a player and I've always wondered whether the chemicals he dies his hair with have seeped into his brain. You just DON'T say something like this. Thinking it is bad, saying it is a double whammy of stupidity.
Paul Pogba has suggested Manchester City's phenomenal start to the Premier League season could still be curtailed by injuries to key players.

Manchester City have won 13 of their opening 14 games to the season leaving them eight points clear of Manchester United at the top of the table.

In an interview on BBC's Football Focus Pogba insisted Manchester United's own title challenge has been hampered by injuries to a number of key players.

"I hope - and it's bad to say things like this - but I hope they will get some very important players injured like what happened with us," said Pogba, who recently returned to action after sustaining a hamstring injury in September.

"People don't see this, don't speak about this, but every time we have important players that get injured when there is important games.

"So if that starts happening with them as well maybe we'll get a little difference. A little touch that makes them weaker."
More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... -injuries/

Him no get sense but abeg, him sabi tap leda.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

CIC,

The guy is a baller oh! The only complaint I have is that he flits in and out of games. He should be more commanding throughout 90 minutes.

As for what he said, might be lost in translation. Hard for me to believe that a professional can wish injury on a fellow pro. For a fan to say that is bad enough.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

airwolex wrote:CIC,

The guy is a baller oh! The only complaint I have is that he flits in and out of games. He should be more commanding throughout 90 minutes.

As for what he said, might be lost in translation. Hard for me to believe that a professional can wish injury on a fellow pro. For a fan to say that is bad enough.
I lost patience with him at the final of the Euros - a game that needed a big player to step up and take charge. I think he flatters to deceive. I have never seen him control a game. He will do something good here and something silly there. Hit and miss most of the time.

He speaks good English. Most young French people do and he spent time at Manure b/4 going to Juve. So the lost in translation thing doesn't fly.
Watch the interview here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42210226
http://www.naijiant.com/
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Come on cic, the guy is still young, with time.. but he is worldclass right now. He created two lovely goals vs Assanal
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Prince wrote:Lost in translation, he probably meant the only way we can catch them is if they have injuries to key players.

I’m hoping your explanation is true
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.