Is Ola Aina good enough to get into the Chelsea team?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

goldenera94
Egg
Egg
Re: Is Ola Aina good enough to get into the Chelsea team?

Post by goldenera94 »

How about being surplus to requirement not necessarily mean a player is not good enough.

oloye wrote:Sorry bro but sometimes i think you post out of joblessness...what kind of question is this? Do you think Aina being good enough or not good enough is to be answered by CE? IF he is good enough dont you think he will be with the main squad and not on loan at a team struggling in the nationwide.

Why not start a sign up if Aina is good enough thread, maybe Conte will bow to the pressure from CE :lol: :lol: :lol:
Goldenera94
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Me I no see wetin Alonso dey play abeg. Is he anywhere near the standard of say Danny Rose for instance?
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Me I no see wetin Alonso dey play abeg. Is he anywhere near the standard of say Danny Rose for instance?
ok how about this..shebi na UK U dey...why dontcha drive up to Stamford Bridge and tell Conte to give YOU the chance to dislodge am :taunt:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Marco Alonso is crap, which is why he has never won a senior Spanish cap yet. Some of you are so exasperating with the way you argue.

Yes, Ola Aina may not be there yet but at least we know he is on the up. At 26, if Alonso has never won a senior Spanish cap, does that not tell you all you need to know?

Who wants to bet that Chelsea will buy a new leftback in January?
Stay away from Orijin when U watch us play biko
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ayo,

Aina plays in the same country you live in! If you were genuinely interested in him you should have watched him enough times to be able to answer the question you’re asking. But no, instead you bombard us with half baked stories about Uduokhai and other players that aren’t interested in playing for SE.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Ayo,

Aina plays in the same country you live in! If you were genuinely interested in him you should have watched him enough times to be able to answer the question you’re asking. But no, instead you bombard us with half baked stories about Uduokhai and other players that aren’t interested in playing for SE.
Go Sidon. What has Uduokhai got to do with this? How I wish we had a world class leftback like Babayaro.
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Guys, it's for nothing that Ayo earned the title 'the peacock'.
He likes to strut around pretending to be an expert on football.
Please guys, let's indulge him for the hilarious spread of his feathers.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Ayo is high on some expired stuff...You guys are wasting your time responding
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

goldenera94 wrote:How about being surplus to requirement not necessarily mean a player is not good enough.

oloye wrote:Sorry bro but sometimes i think you post out of joblessness...what kind of question is this? Do you think Aina being good enough or not good enough is to be answered by CE? IF he is good enough dont you think he will be with the main squad and not on loan at a team struggling in the nationwide.

Why not start a sign up if Aina is good enough thread, maybe Conte will bow to the pressure from CE :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the meaning of surplus to requirement is what again?...Nigerians una too like grammar. He is not good enough period! He is a good player but not good enough for Chelsea at this stage of his career!
Calling it surplus to requirement is even worse! That would have seen him shipped off permanently :lol: Abeg my good bros...whether surplus or not good enough, there is a reason why Alonso is playinh for Chelsea and Aina is learning his trade at Hull....the answer rubbishes the nonsense Ayo is trying to spin here!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oloye wrote:
goldenera94 wrote:How about being surplus to requirement not necessarily mean a player is not good enough.

And the meaning of surplus to requirement is what again?...Nigerians una too like grammar. He is not good enough period! He is a good player but not good enough for Chelsea at this stage of his career!
Calling it surplus to requirement is even worse! That would have seen him shipped off permanently :lol: Abeg my good bros...whether surplus or not good enough, there is a reason why Alonso is playinh for Chelsea and Aina is learning his trade at Hull....the answer rubbishes the nonsense Ayo is trying to spin here!
(1) If I want to be perfectly honest, I do not believe Ola Aina will get into the Chelsea team
(2) For starters, Ola Aina is right footed
(3) At Hull, Ola plays rightback
(4) Even at Hull, he has not set the place alight
(5) Hull fans love his attacking forays but blame him a lot for not tracking back well
(6) For the Super Eagles, I would give the number three jersey to Brian Idowu at the moment unless a new and better leftback emerges between now and June
(7) Maybe in four years time Ola might emerge as Chelsea’s rightback
(8) None of this, however, negates my views on Alonso
(9) Over the years, we have seen classy leftbacks at Chelsea like Le Saux, Babayaro and Cole. Alonso is nowhere near that good in my opinion
(10) If Chelsea want to give Man City a run for their money, they need a better leftback in my opinion. When you look at Hazard, Moses, Kante and Fabergas, all you see is world class. Ask yourselves if Alonso is of this quality.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oloye wrote:

(1) If I want to be perfectly honest, I do not believe Ola Aina will get into the Chelsea team
(5) Hull fans love his attacking forays but blame him a lot for not tracking back well
(6) For the Super Eagles, I would give the number three jersey to Brian Idowu at the moment unless a new and better leftback emerges between now and June
(9) Over the years, we have seen classy leftbacks at Chelsea like Le Saux, Babayaro and Cole. Alonso is nowhere near that good in my opinion
(10) If Chelsea want to give Man City a run for their money, they need a better leftback in my opinion. When you look at Hazard, Moses, Kante and Fabergas, all you see is world class. Ask yourselves if Alonso is of this quality.
You do realise that you don't need 11 world class players to be a winning team?
And they did give Man City a run for their money last season with Alonso playing a huge part in them winning the league.
Anyway ill rather trust Conte's judgement than your internet ramblings :taunt:
YNWA
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
heavyd wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Tbite wrote:In what way was Alonso lacking?

Surely not offensively?
He is nowhere near good enough. Compare his limited forays on the left with what Moses provides on the right.
The things you come up with sometimes Ayo are unbelievable :roll:

Alonso who is one of the first names on the team sheet at Chelsea is not good enough??
with his "limited forays" he still scored more goals than Moses last season and has 3 already this season
The one area Chelsea are definitely NOT lacking are the full back positions so forget Aina being recalled or any purchases in January
Alonso is only in the team because there are no other options. Ask yourself how he compares with Le Saux, Babayaro and Cole. Alonso was labelled a "panic buy" as he was signed on transfer day, Did you read this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Cole.html
I don't think you read the article either Ayo :lol: :lol:
Marcos Alonso (signed from Fiorentina -£23m - 2016)

Arguably the most surprising signing of the trio yet by far the most successful, Alonso was more-or-less unknown in English football prior to his deadline-day arrival at Stamford Bridge.

Quickly labelled a panic buy by most pundits, Alonso soon proved them wrong by embedding himself in the 3-4-3 formation. He went on to start 31 Premier League games, scoring six goals and providing a further three assists.

In fact, it is his success in the role that makes Chelsea's move for Sandro all the more surprising. The former Bolton and Sunderland player has every right to feel hard done by if the Brazilian pushes him onto the bench.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z50ZBBaSpu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
YNWA
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

heavyd wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oloye wrote:

And they did give Man City a run for their money last season with Alonso playing a huge part in them winning the league.
Alonso is of the standard of Liverpool leftbacks!
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
heavyd wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oloye wrote:

Wetin be your own sef...
You are not even a Chelsea fan!
YNWA
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

heavyd wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
heavyd wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oloye wrote:

Wetin be your own sef...
You are not even a Chelsea fan!
True but I know class when I see it.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
heavyd wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Tbite wrote:In what way was Alonso lacking?

Surely not offensively?
He is nowhere near good enough. Compare his limited forays on the left with what Moses provides on the right.
The things you come up with sometimes Ayo are unbelievable :roll:

Alonso who is one of the first names on the team sheet at Chelsea is not good enough??
with his "limited forays" he still scored more goals than Moses last season and has 3 already this season
The one area Chelsea are definitely NOT lacking are the full back positions so forget Aina being recalled or any purchases in January
Alonso is only in the team because there are no other options. Ask yourself how he compares with Le Saux, Babayaro and Cole. Alonso was labelled a "panic buy" as he was signed on transfer day, Did you read this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Cole.html
Lol. Ayo you’re hilarious. Do you even watch games? :lol:
I tire oh! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The defesive balance brings to the team cannot be overstated. Despite this, he is a goal threat as we all know cos he is one of the highest scoring defenders in the league.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

When is mundial going to be over? Can't wait the day wAyo will "vamoose" again for 4 years
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Ayo picked on the wrong player. As you can see even from this thread, even rival fans agree that Alonso is solid.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

His best chance of first team success lies away from Chelsea (ditto Omeruo). He will have a hard time displacing serial trophy winners and experienced internationals like Alonso, Moses, Zappacosta, and Dave.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Standard AY tactics, just declare the player(s) is not good enough and put forward your man in. I'd love Ola Aina to play for Chelsea but how many times did Pavon show him his jersey number few weeks ago. He saw it more than if he was in a queue behind him. Ola Aina may not even be good enough for SE.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

felarey wrote:Standard AY tactics, just declare the player(s) is not good enough and put forward your man in. I'd love Ola Aina to play for Chelsea but how many times did Pavon show him his jersey number few weeks ago. He saw it more than if he was in a queue behind him. Ola Aina may not even be good enough for SE.
Personally, I would play Joel Obi at leftback, have Brian Idowu on the bench and Ola Aina on the standby list.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
felarey wrote:Standard AY tactics, just declare the player(s) is not good enough and put forward your man in. I'd love Ola Aina to play for Chelsea but how many times did Pavon show him his jersey number few weeks ago. He saw it more than if he was in a queue behind him. Ola Aina may not even be good enough for SE.
Personally, I would play Joel Obi at leftback, have Brian Idowu on the bench and Ola Aina on the standby list.
If we're talking Idowu and Aina with Joel Obi at left back, then Echiejile still has a say on that position.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

felarey wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Pic we're talking Idowu and Aina with Joel Obi at left back, then Echiejile still has a say on that position.
Echiejile has his place in the veterans team alongside Okocha, Kanu, Agali, Rufai, Taribo, Finidi, Babayaro, Amokachi, etc. I actually think they should be in Russia to give the boys moral support.