Latest transfer news regarding Nigerian players

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Latest transfer news regarding Nigerian players

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Arsenal are locked in talks with Alex Iwobi and his representatives over a new contract, less than six months before the start of the 2018 World Cup, according to reports.

The Sun is reporting that The Gunners are desperate to agree a new deal with the Nigerian international before he jets off to the World Cup next summer, knowing full well that his stock would rise even further if he's a success at Russia 2018.

The Hale End Academy product signed fresh terms with Arsenal last year, tying him to the Emirates outfit until the end of the 2020-2021 season, but the club are eager for him to prolong his stay after cementing a place in the first-team squad.

Iwobi's wage demands could prove a possible stumbling block as he wants to earn the same amount as other first-team regulars.

The 21-year-old currently pockets 1.56 million pounds (approximately N744 million in Nigerian currency) every year.

He has racked up 74 appearances for Arsenal's first-team, scoring 7 goals and notching 12 assists since his debut against Sheffield Wednesday in October 2015.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Chelsea midfielder Obi Mikel has reacted to sensational rumors which emanated from the press in his homeland that he's set to move to Premier League side Everton next month.

The Super Eagles captain has made it crystal clear that his future lies with Chinese club Tianjin Teda, whom he helped to escape relegation last season, and publicly labelled the reports linking him with a return to England false.

''I don’t know from where such a rumour could come, but this story is untrue,'' Mikel told Tianjin TV.

''I want to stay in the CSL and play for (Tianjin) Teda. I’m sure there will be lots of speculation about me as the transfer window nears but it is a false rumour.

''The CSL lags behind the Premier League, but their level is still quite high. I believe more matches will help me get in shape for the 2018 World Cup.

''I just hope to stay injury-free next year and have an amazing season with Teda.''

Obi Mikel, 30, is contracted to Tianjin Teda until the end of the 2019 season.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to information gathered by allnigeriasoccer.com's editorial staff, Oghenekaro Etebo is being linked with a move to the French Ligue 1 again.

Rennes are interested in making a move for the versatile midfielder in the January transfer window are are believed to be in contact with his camp.

Lyon had monitored the Nigerian star when the Super Eagles tackled Togo in a friendly back in June, but their interest in the player went cold after he extended his contract with CD Feirense.

Portuguese powerhouse Porto were recently credited with an interest in Etebo, but there has not been any contact with the player or his representative, though the reports cannot be entirely dismissed.

The former Warri Wolves sensation appeared in three games for Nigeria in last year's Olympic Games and scored four goals.

He has ten caps with Nigeria's senior team and netted on his competitive debut against Egypt in March 2016.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Through a statement on their official website, English Premier League club Bournemouth have announced that talented Nigerian midfielder Nnamdi Ofoborh has signed his first professional contract.

The 17-year-old will remain on the books of the Cherries until at least June 30, 2020, having put pen to paper on a fresh two-and-a-half-year contract.

Nnamdi is highly regarded at Bournemouth and was named to the provisional roster for the Premier League match against Swansea City on November 25, but missed out on the 18-man match day squad.

''I'm so happy, it's a dream come true it really is,'' Nnamdi stated after penning the new deal.

"I've been waiting for a professional contract for a long time, I've worked extremely hard.

''I was released from two clubs before I was lucky enough to get a trial here and I haven't looked back.''

Nnamdi Ofoborh played for the youth teams of Tottenham Hotspur and Millwall prior to his shift to Bournemouth.

Igho Kingsley
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highly-rated Wolfsburg defender of Nigerian descent Ohis Felix Uduokhai,20, is attracting genuine interest from English Premier League side Arsenal, according to reports.

The electronic edition of The Mirror UK is reporting that manager Arsene Wenger is in the market for a center half in the January transfer window, with Mainz’s Abdou Diallo and Wolfsburg’s Ohis Felix Uduokhai among the names being scouted.

Their intensified scouting in Germany should be connected with the hiring of former Borussia Dortmund chief scout Sven Mislintat.

The Gunners are looking for a replacement for club captain Per Mertesacker, who is not renewing his contract at the end of this season, and have beamed their searchlight on Uduokhai.

Born in Annaberg-Buchholz, Germany to a Nigerian father and German mother, he previously represented VfB Annaberg 09, Erzgebirge Aue and 1860 Munich, before joining Wolfsburg in the summer.

A Germany U20 international, Uduokhai has a valid contract with Wolfsburg until June 30, 2022.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: Latest transfer news regarding Nigerian players

Post by olu »

Kelechi and Musa should consider leaving Leicester. Hope they get decent opportunities elsewhere. Also think Success should be at least trying to go out on loan even if it is to a championship side or a side outside England. He needs to start getting minutes.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

West Ham manager David Moyes is keen for the club to invest in midfield players in January after picking teenagers Declan Rice and Domingos Quina for the club's Carabao Cup quarter-final defeat at Arsenal.His number one target is former Chelsea player Mikel Obi who play in china.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce is interested in Burnley and Bermuda striker Nahki Wells, 27, and Leicester's Nigeria forward Ahmed Musa
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Anthony Ujah rejoins Mainz on a three and a half year deal from China.
I am happy