Moses and Mikel are our only two world class players

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Re: Moses and Mikel are our only two world class players

Post by chief nfachairman »

marko wrote:Greece took 23 disciplined players to Euro 2004 and beat every team littered with world class players

Iceland took amateur players to euro 2016 and beat England
1. Events like Greece winning Euro 2004 (13yrs ago) are exceptions and exceptions do happen once in a while.
2. We cant build our team based on exceptions and IFs
3. the 2014 SE team at the WC could have by a stroke of luck, made it to the finals of the WC sef.
4. Exceptions usually happen once in a while like Leiceister winning the EPL 2yrs back.
5. Nigeria is not a disciplined team and even if the coach is Arigo Sacchi, we woudl still find it difficult to be as disciplined as that Greek team of 2004.
6. Iceland only beat England and did not win the tournament
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

chief nfachairman wrote:
marko wrote:Greece took 23 disciplined players to Euro 2004 and beat every team littered with world class players

1. Events like Greece winning Euro 2004 (13yrs ago) are exceptions and exceptions do happen once in a while.
3. the 2014 SE team at the WC could have by a stroke of luck, made it to the finals of the WC sef.
4. Exceptions usually happen once in a while like Leiceister winning the EPL 2yrs back.
5. Nigeria is not a disciplined team and even if the coach is Arigo Sacchi, we woudl still find it difficult to be as disciplined as that Greek team of 2004.

Chair, if we would win the WC, it won't be because we purposely set out to do it. We might win it with an un-fancied team after all it's not all the time favourites win tournaments.

Look at the past winners and their economy, infrastructure, football tradition, investment both in human resource and structural etc

Germany, in the last WC, had to setup their own quarters. they meticulously planned and that is excluding their league setup, the quality of their coaches, their philosophy etc. We can't even pay bonuses and our hotel bills.

Please winning the WC may happen but not because we deserved it as a result of meticulous planning and investment
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

You are spot on NFA Chair. Only eight teams have ever won the World Cup - Brazil, Italy, Germany, Argentina, France, Spain, Uruguay and England. For the next two World Cups at least, the first six appear to still be the names on the horizon.

These nations do not take the World Cup lightly as they constantly churn out top class talent. For now, the only team that look like joining them in the short term is Holland. If we want to seek membership of this elite club, we need to step up our game big time.

This is why I am pleased that Rohr has had his contract extended beyond the World Cup. He needs to build in what he has achieved and continue unearthing top talent, kind of like Clemence Westerhoff did.

Westerhoff was in the job for five years and as such it is no surprise that he uncovered many good players who went to represent Nigeria long after he left office. We need a similar long term programme. I would be hoping that Rohr also works with the academies to recruit kids from a tender age.
adebisy
Egg
Egg

Post by adebisy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
guest83 wrote:Moses is starting games for Chelsea because of the system Conte prefers not because he is world class.

Other than that I agree with most of your points, especially (6). Only Mikel can be compared to those legends. The likes if Iwobi, Iheanacho doesn't fill me with much confidence. They will crumble under pressure.
I must confess that I am not sold on Iwobi or Iheanacho either. Neither of them have shown they have the ability to take a game by the across of the neck. Contrast this with what JJ brouught to the team and you can see that they are just average players.

Back to Victor Moses, I do not get your point. What has the Chelsea formation got to do with this discussion.
Unfortunately for you, they don’t give out medals for specializing in talking nonsense otherwise you’d have a bundle of medals. You only need to look back to the last friendly to see how, first Nacho then Iwobi, willed Nigeria back into the game and ultimately, victory. Nacho with his superb set piece and Iwobi with his uncommon skills. There once was a time when Nigerians didn’t hold out much hope on set pieces but now, with the likes of Ihenacho, we are actually comfortable on set pieces. Nacho and Iwobi may not be Messi and Aguero but they’re both only 21 and still growing in skills and confidence. I think the whole world is in for a nasty Nigerian surprise in Russia :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
I Agree
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

pajimoh wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Chair, if we would win the WC, it won't be because we purposely set out to do it. We might win it with an un-fancied team after all it's not all the time favourites win tournaments.

Look at the past winners and their economy, infrastructure, football tradition, investment both in human resource and structural etc

Germany, in the last WC, had to setup their own quarters. they meticulously planned and that is excluding their league setup, the quality of their coaches, their philosophy etc. We can't even pay bonuses and our hotel bills.

Please winning the WC may happen but not because we deserved it as a result of meticulous planning and investment
And that's why I said Greece winning euro is an exception. Exceptions rarely happen and not necessarily bcos it was deserved and sometimes it happens in tournaments.alot more than the league sef
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

pajimoh wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

And that's why I said Greece winning euro is an exception. Exceptions rarely happen and not necessarily bcos it was deserved and sometimes it happens in tournaments.alot more than the league sef
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
guest83 wrote:Moses is starting games for Chelsea because of the system Conte prefers not because he is world class.

Other than that I agree with most of your points, especially (6). Only Mikel can be compared to those legends. The likes if Iwobi, Iheanacho doesn't fill me with much confidence. They will crumble under pressure.
I must confess that I am not sold on Iwobi or Iheanacho either. Neither of them have shown they have the ability to take a game by the across of the neck. Contrast this with what JJ brouught to the team and you can see that they are just average players.

Back to Victor Moses, I do not get your point. What has the Chelsea formation got to do with this discussion.
Excuse me is there a parallel universe where JJ Okocha actually won anything for us? and don't talk about ANC 1994 cos he was not more than a bit part player then. HE was a class player no doubt but lacked the ability to "take a game by the scruff of the neck" and take us across the line. The closest he came was 2000 but ultimately we failed.
Also why you are so hard on players than are barely out of their teens is beyond me. They are still very young and will develop steadily in the competitive club environments that they find themselves.
We are not winning Russia 2018 forget it but hopefully come 2022 we will be ready to do something.
Also you expecting players to become "World Class" in 6 months is unbelievable bruv... :scared:
YNWA
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Yeah, the two kids who calmly killed off Zambia in their own backyard will crumble under pressure. You gat any more stories? :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

No be Iwobi wey clinch our WC ticket with his goal at home against Zambia, while your world class players were huffing and puffing while hogging (BTW it is ball hogging, not ball hugging as some like to type up in hia) the ball? If that is not grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck, what is? Do you even watch SE ames, or are you too busy working the phones as an agent? :mrgreen:

Furthermore, we got our most vital away win during qualifying in Zambia thanks to goals from Iwobi and Iheanacho.

Wha choo looking at?!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

heavyd wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Excuse me is there a parallel universe where JJ Okocha actually won anything for us? and don't talk about ANC 1994 cos he was not more than a bit part player then. HE was a class player no doubt but lacked the ability to "take a game by the scruff of the neck" and take us across the line. The closest he came was 2000 but ultimately we failed.
Also why you are so hard on players than are barely out of their teens is beyond me. They are still very young and will develop steadily in the competitive club environments that they find themselves.
We are not winning Russia 2018 forget it but hopefully come 2022 we will be ready to do something.
Also you expecting players to become "World Class" in 6 months is unbelievable bruv... :scared:
We can keep hiding behind "they are young" or face the reality of the situation. Their mates elsewhere are delivering the goods big time:

Wilfred Ndidi rated as the 11th most expensive footballer in the world with market valuation of £57m - See more at: https://goo.gl/xekShP

I do not subscribe to your view about "waiting for the future." The trophies are given out here and now, so I will not sacrifice Russia 2018 in the hope that Qatar 2022 will be better.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Iwobi and Iheanacho are world class talent aiming to become world class players. Iwobi for me is super eagles most intelligent and technically intelligent player after Mikel. In fact, the guy has added efficiency that was eluding him at Arsenal. I’m very surprised that you’re so hard on him. Iheanacho trajectory when Pelegrínni was in charge was destined to become a world class talent unfortunately he lost his confidence under pep guardiola. Today, on current form iwobi and Iheanacho are as good and efficient as any player in the history of super eagles and the 2 of them are sure starters. A striker job is to score goals Iheanacho has proven that if you create chances for him he would score idk what else you’re searching. Iheanacho, ighalo and Obafemi Martins as their back-up and super eagles number 9 shirt is good enough. Now, the search for a traditional playmaker continues we have to keep searching
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
heavyd wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

We can keep hiding behind "they are young" or face the reality of the situation. Their mates elsewhere are delivering the goods big time:

Wilfred Ndidi rated as the 11th most expensive footballer in the world with market valuation of £57m - See more at: https://goo.gl/xekShP

I do not subscribe to your view about "waiting for the future." The trophies are given out here and now, so I will not sacrifice Russia 2018 in the hope that Qatar 2022 will be better.

:agree:
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

No be Iwobi wey clinch our WC ticket with his goal at home against Zambia, while your world class players were huffing and puffing while hogging (BTW it is ball hogging, not ball hugging as some like to type up in hia) the ball? If that is not grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck, what is? Do you even watch SE ames, or are you too busy working the phones as an agent? :mrgreen:

Furthermore, we got our most vital away win during qualifying in Zambia thanks to goals from Iwobi and Iheanacho.
We are talking about Argentina, croatia, france etc, and you are mentioning ZAMBIA!
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

We are talking about Argentina, croatia, france etc, and you are mentioning ZAMBIA!
And Iwobi and Iheanacho both scored against Argentina.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

chief nfachairman wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Na colo mentality dey worry you. Let those other teams you mentioned try winning in Zambia in a competitive game.

Wha choo looking at?!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I agree
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Moses is really our ace, and I have a feeling WC teams will be double teaming him like Zambia did, then its up to the other guys to create chances.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

If teams double team him there’s still iwobi available on the other wing and musa, Onyekuru available on the bench. Our forward line is as good as any Super eagles forward line in the history
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

ogasir wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

That was a friendly. Come the real deal, the story will be different!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cellular wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Iwobi is coming into his own with the SE. He has become a vital cog in the SE as his performances in his last 3 matches for the SE has shown. I was not worried when he opted out of the WCQs against Cameroon but since that Zambian match he has stepped up. If Moses, Nacho and Iwobi are in form during the WC, no team can stop us.
Apart from good finishing what does Iwobi bring to the team? Iheanacho can never be a Super Eagles starter. His first touch is simply atrocious.
You're right, after all, apart from breathing how do we know you're alive? msshhheeeewww :arrow:
Chief Pajimoh, so with your limited Internet access for Yemen you dey respond to wAyo's post?

Na how e dey carry start... soon you go begin trekking anyhow anyhow. :D

:rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

ogasir wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Friendly!!!!! Abi we no beat Argentina about 4-0 for friendly before?
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

chief nfachairman wrote:
ogasir wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Friendly!!!!! Abi we no beat Argentina about 4-0 for friendly before?
Point is so called big teams do not intimidate our young players
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

john12 wrote:If teams double team him there’s still iwobi available on the other wing and musa, Onyekuru available on the bench. Our forward line is as good as any Super eagles forward line in the history
its not

Iwobi: Arsenal - Part bench warmer :thumb:
Ighalo: China - Not even top 3 highest goalscorers in CHina :boo:
V.Moses: Chelsea - :thumbs:
Musa: Leicester - Under the bench warmer
Onyekuru - Anderlect - :thumbs:
Iheanacho: Leicester - Bench warmer

Goal King Yekini: Vitora Setubal - Highest goalscorer in the league and baddest striker ever liveth in Africa :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
FInidi: Ajax - :thumbs:
Amokachi: Brugge - :thumbs:
Siasia: Nantes - :thumbs:
Amuneke: Zamalek - An exception that was exceptional and ended up playing for the best club in the world :thumbs:
Ikpeba: Monaco - Prince of Monaco :thumbs: