Neymar happy to avoid Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Neymar happy to avoid Nigeria

Post by King Futcha »

Which one of you is Tim Stillman? :)

By Tim Stillman 2017-12-07 12:54:56

Brazil forward Neymar says he is happy that Brazil have avoided any African teams in their 2018 World Cup group- particularly Nigeria. The Seleção have been drawn with Serbia, Costa Rica and Switzerland at next summer’s tournament in Russia.

The Paris Saint Germain forward says he is happy that his team have not been handed a tough assignment against an African side, “We have to be at our best to get a good result particularly in our first game of the tournament.

“The teams in our group are difficult to play against. I am happy it wasn’t a group where we had to play against African teams like Nigeria. They run a lot and are very physical in their approach. We are no doubt still up against strong sides at the World Cup.”

Brazil will start their World Cup campaign against Switzerland in Rostov on 17th June, followed by games against Costa Rica in St. Petersburg and Serbia in Moscow.

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/90052_ ... _draw.html
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Neymar happy to avoid Nigeria

Post by kajifu »

I no blame him,even na me ago want avoid SE.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

This “physical and fast” generalization by EU and SA coaches/players are quite racist and ignorant. In fact, it negates the positive performance by super eagles. Our coaches needs to debunk those claims prior to us playing EU/SA TEAMS if not the referee would continue being automatically biased
Last edited by john12 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

They run a lot and are physical...typical stereotypes of African teams. You will never hear how technical sound we are...
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

King Futcha wrote:Which one of you is Tim Stillman? :)

By Tim Stillman 2017-12-07 12:54:56

Brazil forward Neymar says he is happy that Brazil have avoided any African teams in their 2018 World Cup group- particularly Nigeria. The Seleção have been drawn with Serbia, Costa Rica and Switzerland at next summer’s tournament in Russia.

The Paris Saint Germain forward says he is happy that his team have not been handed a tough assignment against an African side, “We have to be at our best to get a good result particularly in our first game of the tournament.

“The teams in our group are difficult to play against. I am happy it wasn’t a group where we had to play against African teams like Nigeria. They run a lot and are very physical in their approach. We are no doubt still up against strong sides at the World Cup.”

Brazil will start their World Cup campaign against Switzerland in Rostov on 17th June, followed by games against Costa Rica in St. Petersburg and Serbia in Moscow.

:lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Benedict Iroha wrote:They run a lot and are physical...typical stereotypes of African teams. You will never hear how technical sound we are...
Ok so we’ll keep the running and physical side to our game I think that’s fine as can do it better than most but also add a technical side that they won’t expect it’s fine I’m not hurt!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Benedict Iroha wrote:They run a lot and are physical...typical stereotypes of African teams. You will never hear how technical sound we are...
No doubt the unedited version referenced scanty loin cloths, Zulu spears and Odinani. Nowadays the obvious derogation is cleverly concealed euphemistically in physical, unpredictable, strong. #1764.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

And expecting every brasilian team to play samba isn't? Just accept the compliment bro ...we are indeed physical...the sight of Cameroon manhandling Csniggia is enough to stamp yhat image on a whole generation's perception. German were known to be physical and efficient too...hence called German machine....they do not take offence... The Italians were deemed too defensive,boring and unattractive...why are we strugging to be happy with ourselves..when the sight of small Musa bearing down on Atgentina reminds one of hurricane kathrina. :lol:

Yes we are physical and we run a lot, line up the US94 Nigeria and Cameroon teams from 82, and tell me these are not physical wonders of the WC.

Abeg i accept we are physical and we make cheetah look like snail.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Have they ever desctibed England as being technically sound?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

King Futcha wrote:Which one of you is Tim Stillman? :)

Tim 'Stillberto' Stillman is legit oo :thumb: :thumb: :D
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

All of the big teams know that their first priority is qualifying from the group stage. Nigeria is a potential banana skin for any of the top teams and they are aware of that. History shows that one big scalp always falls in the group stage and this is always a big fear.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

john12 wrote:This “physical and fast” generalization by EU and SA coaches/players are quite racist and ignorant. In fact, it negates the positive performance by super eagles. Our coaches needs to debunk those claims prior to us playing EU/SA TEAMS if not the referee would continue being automatically biased
dude you have zero clue what they( especially Latin teams mean when they say physical) they aren't talking about gidibo jam body football

when they say physical, they are referring to pace,power and speed, athleticism etc...geeze alas EPL football
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I have always told you that African teams, especially Nigeria, are the closest to Brazil when it comes to style of play.
Lol, it is the truth! If it wasn’t for their terrible coaches through history, they would easily be amongst the World Cup winners list.
This is what one of my co-workers at the office ( from Brazil) sent to me after i sent him the article, the guy is a die hard Corinthians fan and was in the same youth team with Neymar at santos..bobo told me Neymar was pushed big time when he was younger and his papa no dey play at all
SuperEagles

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
I have always told you that African teams, especially Nigeria, are the closest to Brazil when it comes to style of play.
Lol, it is the truth! If it wasn’t for their terrible coaches through history, they would easily be amongst the World Cup winners list.
This is what one of my co-workers at the office ( from Brazil) sent to me after i sent him the article, the guy is a die hard Corinthians fan and was in the same youth team with Neymar at santos..bobo told me Neymar was pushed big time when he was younger and his papa no dey play at all
Absolutely right. When Brazilians meet any young Nigerian they automatically assume that you are a very good samba-style footballer by default.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Absolutely right. When Brazilians meet any young Nigerian they automatically assume that you are a very good samba-style footballer by default.
i think nah that Atlanta 96 wey cus am
SuperEagles

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...wont he love a physical side where he can flop at every touch so as to get penalty. What a mofo, I hope fifa refs don't and stop showing favoritism to certain players.
kzz5joa
Egg
Egg

Post by kzz5joa »

oloye wrote:
And expecting every brasilian team to play samba isn't? Just accept the compliment bro ...we are indeed physical...the sight of Cameroon manhandling Caniggia is enough to stamp that image on a whole generation's perception. Germans were known to be physical and efficient too...hence called German machine....they do not take offence... The Italians were deemed too defensive,boring and unattractive...why are we strugging to be happy with ourselves..when the sight of small Musa bearing down on Argentina reminds one of hurricane kathrina. :lol:

Yes we are physical and we run a lot, line up the US94 Nigeria and Cameroon teams from 82, and tell me these are not physical wonders of the WC.

Thank you ojare. We are complaining instead of us to have built on these natural abilities over the years to create our own unqiue football brand. I'm quite sure the Bulgarians were especially caught off guard with the way we fearlessly terrorized and bulldozed them on the way to a 3-0 result in our very first world cup match. The rest of the world sat up after that and accorded us due respect. We should have followed up in 1998 with better training and preparation, but we drank our own kool aid.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

oloye wrote:
And expecting every brasilian team to play samba isn't? Just accept the compliment bro ...we are indeed physical...the sight of Cameroon manhandling Csniggia is enough to stamp yhat image on a whole generation's perception. German were known to be physical and efficient too...hence called German machine....they do not take offence... The Italians were deemed too defensive,boring and unattractive...why are we strugging to be happy with ourselves..when the sight of small Musa bearing down on Atgentina reminds one of hurricane kathrina. :lol:

But can the same be truly said about the current crop of players we have? No be dis same forum that people were shaking endlessly at the thought of facing cameroun? The 94 team was full of physical specimens, Nigeria of late has had some quite frail players feature for us. Heck, we have featured a 5 2 (generous) Saliu Poopola!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

metalalloy wrote:
oloye wrote:

But can the same be truly said about the current crop of players we have? No be dis same forum that people were shaking endlessly at the thought of facing cameroun? The 94 team was full of physical specimens, Nigeria of late has had some quite frail players feature for us. Heck, we have featured a 5 2 (generous) Saliu Poopola!
But that is the issue, the legacy of others in the past have a way of shaping the perception on those to come. The Brazil of the last 2 WC have nothing samba like about them, infact they have stopped being anything samba since the 90s when they embraced and infused european football into their football. But any time a Brasilian player shows up on the horizon, everyone expect the brasilian to be skillfull, sambalicious and good with freekicks, and not a donkey like that Kenyan that played for Chelsea Ramirez and the other rabbit called Oscar. Never mind the brasilian version of Ikedia..Willain!

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
john12 wrote:This “physical and fast” generalization by EU and SA coaches/players are quite racist and ignorant. In fact, it negates the positive performance by super eagles. Our coaches needs to debunk those claims prior to us playing EU/SA TEAMS if not the referee would continue being automatically biased
dude you have zero clue what they( especially Latin teams mean when they say physical) they aren't talking about gidibo jam body football

when they say physical, they are referring to pace,power and speed, athleticism etc...geeze alas EPL football
Simple...sometimes i think we read too much trying to interpret expression in English language. They are not saying we are not skillful or brainy, they are simply highlighting the area we have comparative advantage.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

oloye wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
oloye wrote:

But that is the issue, the legacy of others in the past have a way of shaping the perception on those to come. The Brazil of the last 2 WC have nothing samba like about them, infact they have stopped being anything samba since the 90s when they embraced and infused european football into their football. But any time a Brasilian player shows up on the horizon, everyone expect the brasilian to be skillfull, sambalicious and good with freekicks, and not a donkey like that Kenyan that played for Chelsea Ramirez and the other rabbit called Oscar. Never mind the brasilian version of Ikedia..Willain!
Good point.
:lol: :lol: kai you don finish Ramirez, Oscar and Willain. Pius Ikedia!!! Haba, you are too harsh on willian oh!

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

john12 wrote: This “physical and fast” generalization by EU and SA coaches/players are quite racist and ignorant. In fact, it negates the positive performance by super eagles. Our coaches needs to debunk those claims prior to us playing EU/SA TEAMS if not the referee would continue being automatically biased
... perhaps not RACIST, but arrogant and sneaky in my opinion. As stated in your other sentences, it is a way of their wanting to influence the referees to blow the Whistles against African teams.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Simple...sometimes i think we read too much trying to interpret expression in English language. They are not saying we are not skillful or brainy, they are simply highlighting the area we have comparative advantage.
exactly..When we played Mexico they used the term physical , but it was in Spanish , so i asked some Mexicans and they explained it to me (said we are very skillful and do play like South Americans, but we have serious pace and speed, they said they struggled whenever they met fast teams, so they thought cameroon were similar to us( this was prior to the worldcup in Brazil) ..Lately Mexico added a lot of pacy footballers to their team, there is this one Mexican who plays for PSV, Lozano..my goodness the speed bobo carry fit rival some of our West African players
SuperEagles