Lookman hangs x2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Lookman hangs x2

Post by airwolex »

The boy is tearing Apollon apart! Dribbling and close control. First goal a diving header, the second bulala. If England no need am, we want oh!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: Lookman hangs x2

Post by DIMKA76 »

He can score on Pluto, we don't care.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

The foolish boy wants to play for England.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Na wa o!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

airwolex wrote:The boy is tearing Apollon apart! Dribbling and close control. First goal a diving header, the second bulala. If England no need am, we want oh!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Another one who has developed through the England youth set up with eyes solely on playing for the three lions.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Mr Shows wrote:
airwolex wrote:The boy is tearing Apollon apart! Dribbling and close control. First goal a diving header, the second bulala. If England no need am, we want oh!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Another one who has developed through the England youth set up with eyes solely on playing for the three lions.
Probably, but his style is African true and true. The close control and unpredictable dribbles. I hope he doesn't regret it.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

How does scoring against Appolonia qualify one for consideration to any national team?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

bret- hart wrote:The foolish boy wants to play for England.
nothing spoil.. we have moved on since..
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Most of this English boys are really asinine. They would rather hope for an imaginary English call-up instead of relinquishing the idea of playing at the biggest stage (World Cup) my grouse with Nigeria is rendering them a call-up at the twilight of their career. Nonsense! How did ameobi got to play ahead of Ike uche and co at the last World Cup???
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Buuriful, according to the late legendary Keshi. However, according to another Legend, the late Amodu, he can be scoring on the moon.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

[/video]

Goodluck whoever he wants to play for. He is a baller, I just hope they don't frustrate the flair out of him in Everton

[/video]
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

john12 wrote:Most of this English boys are really asinine. They would rather hope for an imaginary English call-up instead of relinquishing the idea of playing at the biggest stage (World Cup) my grouse with Nigeria is rendering them a call-up at the twilight of their career. Nonsense! How did ameobi got to play ahead of Ike uche and co at the last World Cup???

Lord forbid someone wants to represent a country that he grew up in and has known all his life :roll:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Some of these kids, the UK is all they know, the other thing that gives them away is their nigeria name, even celestine babayaro, after 3-4 years in the UK, acquired a british accent and wanted to play for England as well lol, jokes aside, Nigeria should develop its own players, there are thousands scattered in every hook and cranny, instead they look towards old aged pensioners, Osundu style
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Everyone has a right to play for a country they feel comfortable with. You have no right to ask a player to represent Nigeria simply because his parents came from there.

I remember William Eking saying he lives Nigeria because his dad still lives there and he is at home with the culture. the boy even speaks good Pidgin English. In contrast,. Tammy Abraham does not feel one bit Nigerian, so yes, England is his home.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

marko wrote:Some of these kids, the UK is all they know, the other thing that gives them away is their nigeria name, even celestine babayaro, after 3-4 years in the UK, acquired a british accent and wanted to play for England as well lol, jokes aside, Nigeria should develop its own players, there are thousands scattered in every hook and cranny, instead they look towards old aged pensioners, Osundu style
I totally agree, however some of them won't mind playing for us, so no issues there as well. I honestly wish the likes of Abraham and Lookman all the luck in the world, although I think their chances of playing for England is slim.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Buuriful, according to the late legendary Keshi. However, according to another Legend, the late Amodu, he can be scoring on the moon.
:shyluv: :cry:
I miss them. Just think how colorful our football firmament
would be with them around. God continue to rest them.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

airwolex wrote:
marko wrote:Some of these kids, the UK is all they know, the other thing that gives them away is their nigeria name, even celestine babayaro, after 3-4 years in the UK, acquired a british accent and wanted to play for England as well lol, jokes aside, Nigeria should develop its own players, there are thousands scattered in every hook and cranny, instead they look towards old aged pensioners, Osundu style
I totally agree, however some of them won't mind playing for us, so no issues there as well. I honestly wish the likes of Abraham and Lookman all the luck in the world, although I think their chances of playing for England is slim.
Nigeria, like Brazil will always churn out a steady line of world class talent. The only reason why were are talking about Tammy and Lookman is because they play in the EPL. Thankfully we are beginning to see fruit and progression from our age grade set ups. If we develop this properly and start making significant strides on the world scene at senior level, then things will switch from Nigeria chasing those in disposa to the other way round.

I have a quiet confidence that Russia'18 will be a watershed.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

DIMKA76 wrote:He can score on Pluto, we don't care.
It seems every player who scores few goals these days is a 'Super-eagles' player.
Last edited by Odas on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Nigeria, like Brazil will always churn out a steady line of world class talent. The only reason why were are talking about Tammy and Lookman is because they play in the EPL. Thankfully we are beginning to see fruit and progression from our age grade set ups. If we develop this properly and start making significant strides on the world scene at senior level, then things will switch from Nigeria chasing those in disposa to the other way round.

Of late, we have not been churning out talent like in the past. In the 1990s and 00s, whenever I watched a La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga or Le Championet game, i was almost certain to see a Nigerian player. these days it is not so.

As far back as 1994, we had Nduka Ugbade, Wilfred Agbonibare and Mutiu Adepoju delivering the goods in La Liga. Ask yourselves, how many Nigerian players you see when you tune in to watch the Spanish league today.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
airwolex wrote:

Of late, we have not been churning out talent like in the past. In the 1990s and 00s, whenever I watched a La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga or Le Championet game, i was almost certain to see a Nigerian player. these days it is not so.

As far back as 1994, we had Nduka Ugbade, Wilfred Agbonibare and Mutiu Adepoju delivering the goods in La Liga. Ask yourselves, how many Nigerian players you see when you tune in to watch the Spanish league today.
Is that really because of dearth in talent produced? These things occur in waves, we had a wave of players in Belgium in the 80's , then France, and England in the 90's-2000's and now it appears Turkey is the latest destination. Could it be that agents have better contacts in Turkey that they guide their clients that way?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

It's not a one-size-fits-all situation. Part of it na influence...I have friends who live in the US who have said their kids will never play for Nigeria...can't fault anyone for their opinions so we cant be judgemental...my only issue is that I wont make that decision 16 years in advance..but it's a personal decision and cant be judging....if he wants to play for England..fine..with a 150Million people inside and another 25 M outside I'm sure na everyday we dey born likely replacement :taunt:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Odas wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:He can score on Pluto, we don't care.
It seems every player who scores few goals these days is a 'Super-eagles' player these days.
Only those based in England. The we have better players in other leagues that never get a the same respect.
OCCUPY NFF!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Haters...anyway, I am not an agent so make una free me. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: