Lookman hangs x2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Lookman hangs x2

Post by Damunk »

paj wrote:It's not a one-size-fits-all situation. Part of it na influence...I have friends who live in the US who have said their kids will never play for Nigeria...can't fault anyone for their opinions so we cant be judgemental...my only issue is that I wont make that decision 16 years in advance..but it's a personal decision and cant be judging....if he wants to play for England..fine..with a 150Million people inside and another 25 M outside I'm sure na everyday we dey born likely replacement :taunt:
When push comes to shove they will have very little say. We are talking about career decisions here. No room for silly sentiment.
Bottom line is what Nigeria does on the green grass.

Trust me, if Naija gets its act together and is consistently ranked in the world's top 10 over the next few years, many of them will come begging for a place.

Let's just play this thing and stop talking. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
airwolex wrote:
marko wrote:Some of these kids, the UK is all they know, the other thing that gives them away is their nigeria name, even celestine babayaro, after 3-4 years in the UK, acquired a british accent and wanted to play for England as well lol, jokes aside, Nigeria should develop its own players, there are thousands scattered in every hook and cranny, instead they look towards old aged pensioners, Osundu style
I totally agree, however some of them won't mind playing for us, so no issues there as well. I honestly wish the likes of Abraham and Lookman all the luck in the world, although I think their chances of playing for England is slim.
Nigeria, like Brazil will always churn out a steady line of world class talent. The only reason why were are talking about Tammy and Lookman is because they play in the EPL. Thankfully we are beginning to see fruit and progression from our age grade set ups. If we develop this properly and start making significant strides on the world scene at senior level, then things will switch from Nigeria chasing those in disposa to the other way round.

I have a quiet confidence that Russia'18 will be a watershed.
Of late, we have not been churning out talent like in the past. In the 1990s and 00s, whenever I watched a La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga or Le Championet game, i was almost certain to see a Nigerian player. these days it is not so.

As far back as 1994, we had Nduka Ugbade, Wilfred Agbonibare and Mutiu Adepoju delivering the goods in La Liga. Ask yourselves, how many Nigerian players you see when you tune in to watch the Spanish league today.
Is that really because of dearth in talent produced? These things occur in waves, we had a wave of players in Belgium in the 80's , then France, and England in the 90's-2000's and now it appears Turkey is the latest destination. Could it be that agents have better contacts in Turkey that they guide their clients that way?
If you are good and playing in Turkey or Belgium, within a year, you will find yourself in Spain, England, Germany, France or Italy. Look at how quickly Wilfred Ndidi was snapped up from Belgium.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote:
paj wrote:It's not a one-size-fits-all situation. Part of it na influence...I have friends who live in the US who have said their kids will never play for Nigeria...can't fault anyone for their opinions so we cant be judgemental...my only issue is that I wont make that decision 16 years in advance..but it's a personal decision and cant be judging....if he wants to play for England..fine..with a 150Million people inside and another 25 M outside I'm sure na everyday we dey born likely replacement :taunt:
When push comes to shove they will have very little say. We are talking about career decisions here. No room for silly sentiment.

Trust me, if Naija gets its act together and is consistently ranked in the world's top 10 over the next few years, many of them will come begging for a place.

Simple and short!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

airwolex wrote:Haters...anyway, I am not an agent so make una free me. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Chief, we no hate you at all, we are jus saying :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

With a name like Lukman Ademola or what is he called again...there is only one country you should be playing for...Nigeria! But wetin i sabi
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:

The Nigerian National Team shouldn’t be there to save the ailing careers of those that couldn’t make the England squad!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:

The Nigerian National Team shouldn’t be there to save the ailing careers of those that couldn’t make the England squad!
Precisely. So anyone that gets in, gets in strictly on merit.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
airwolex wrote:
marko wrote:Some of these kids, the UK is all they know, the other thing that gives them away is their nigeria name, even celestine babayaro, after 3-4 years in the UK, acquired a british accent and wanted to play for England as well lol, jokes aside, Nigeria should develop its own players, there are thousands scattered in every hook and cranny, instead they look towards old aged pensioners, Osundu style
I totally agree, however some of them won't mind playing for us, so no issues there as well. I honestly wish the likes of Abraham and Lookman all the luck in the world, although I think their chances of playing for England is slim.
Nigeria, like Brazil will always churn out a steady line of world class talent. The only reason why were are talking about Tammy and Lookman is because they play in the EPL. Thankfully we are beginning to see fruit and progression from our age grade set ups. If we develop this properly and start making significant strides on the world scene at senior level, then things will switch from Nigeria chasing those in disposa to the other way round.

I have a quiet confidence that Russia'18 will be a watershed.

Of late, we have not been churning out talent like in the past. In the 1990s and 00s, whenever I watched a La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga or Le Championet game, i was almost certain to see a Nigerian player. these days it is not so.

As far back as 1994, we had Nduka Ugbade, Wilfred Agbonibare and Mutiu Adepoju delivering the goods in La Liga. Ask yourselves, how many Nigerian players you see when you tune in to watch the Spanish league today.
A significant portion of the players in the current squad have progressed through the junior ranks. Nigeria has missed the the last 2 ANC's and didn't particularly set the world alight in the last WC. That has had a significant impact on our stock valuation in general.

A good showing at the WC and we are likely to see a lot of interest in our players. The elite european leagues will only absorb players into their 1st teams that have accomplished on the world stage and that is where we haven't had a great showing lately.

That said there is a steady stream coming directly from the academies going into 2nd string teams who are steadily pushing their way to the top Orji, Osimhen, Umar Sadiq, Nura, Awaziem, Uzoho and the Nwakali's are all progressing well. So I wouldn't quite agree with the notion that we are not churning out talent...
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Damunk wrote:

:agree: My take as well..... Success has many fathers..