Messi go retire from national team if we beat dem for Russia

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Messi go retire from national team if we beat dem for Russia

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Messi hints he may retire from international football if Nigeria defeats Argentina at World Cup - See more at: https://goo.gl/9GJU6p
Sampo
Egg
Egg
Re: Messi go retire from national team if we beat dem for Ru

Post by Sampo »

So, assuming Argentina still advances even after the third game loss to Nigeria, would Messi pack his bags and forgo the rest of the WC campaign? Both teams could hypothetically be qualified before our match...

Is his scorn with the lesser-human Nigerianfolks so overarching? Is a loss to us so abominable as to abandon his WC further chances? Maybe he hasn't thought of that yet but this arrogant pronouncement reveals how lowly the like of him feels about us and it is definitely without foresight.

The boys should hurry up and retire him early!

Reminds me of Bob Marley's lyrics, Crazy Baldhead.
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Great player shame he has to retire
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Sampo wrote:So, assuming Argentina still advances even after the third game loss to Nigeria, would Messi pack his bags and forgo the rest of the WC campaign? Both teams could hypothetically be qualified before our match...

Is his scorn with the lesser-human Nigerianfolks so overarching? Is a loss to us so abominable as to abandon his WC further chances? Maybe he hasn't thought of that yet but this arrogant pronouncement reveals how lowly the like of him feels about us and it is definitely without foresight.

The boys should hurry up and retire him early!

Reminds me of Bob Marley's lyrics, Crazy Baldhead.
Are you surprised that Africans are not accepted as equals by the rest of the world? We have a lot to do to earn their respect.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

This is Messi’s quote:-

Messi told TyC Sports, however: “If we do badly at the World Cup, we all have to disappear from the national team. It’ll be difficult for some to stay on.”

He never mentioned Nigeria, Africa or blacks. Ayo shame on you for calling yourself a journalist. This post is something I would expect from Trump....

Even worse is that people here jumped on the bandwagon.....astonishing
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Enyi wrote:This is Messi’s quote:-

Messi told TyC Sports, however: “If we do badly at the World Cup, we all have to disappear from the national team. It’ll be difficult for some to stay on.”

He never mentioned Nigeria, Africa or blacks. Ayo shame on you for calling yourself a journalist. This post is something I would expect from Trump....

It is the season of fake news! Anyone who knows the mentality of the oyinbos can easily spot this, such would know that this is a naija way of speaking.....if you beat me i wont eat for 7 days :lol:

Messi is 32 , he will be 33 next year if am right, this is probably his last world cup, many retire after such.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oloye wrote:

It is the season of fake news! Anyone who knows the mentality of the oyinbos can easily spot this, such would know that this is a naija way of speaking.....if you beat me i wont eat for 7 days :lol:

Messi is 32 , he will be 33 next year if am right, this is probably his last world cup, many retire after such.
Messi is only 30 and can probably make Qatar 2022.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oloye wrote:

Messi is only 30 and can probably make Qatar 2022.
Will you apologize for the fake news and all the talk about 'blacks'?
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

Oh well, people don't call the fella wAyo for nothing. Dress up a story and repackage it. Or better invent from scratch and bamboozle the unwary with endless ten-pointers! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: No concern for credibility. :taunt:
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!