35 Years: IICC vs Zamalek- Where were you on Dec 8, 1984

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg
35 Years: IICC vs Zamalek- Where were you on Dec 8, 1984

Post by Toxicarrow »

Last edited by Toxicarrow on Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
walesvilla
Egg
Egg
Re: 33 Years: IICC vs Zamalek- Where were you on Dec 8, 1984

Post by walesvilla »

sort of remember this- days of Nigeria club football used to break ticketing and fans attendance records.
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

Toks, long time! I watched this game in Kaduna.
Our league was blossoming. And Leventis Utd was the talk of the town North and South.
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

I was @ the stadium , ojuelegba, lived nearby @ Salawu street.....Terrible day.
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Horrible memories.
Raymond King, Ogbein Fawole, Segun Odegbami, a young Rasheed Yekini.
1984 was meant to be.
The egyptians had Gamal Abdelhamid and Emmanuel Quarshie.

[/video]

[/video]
Last edited by Goldleaf on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

The real deal wrote:I was @ the stadium , ojuelegba, lived nearby @ Salawu street.....Terrible day.
I lived at Salawu street - but very young then so cant remember much about the area.
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

Remember the crowd, Ogbein Fawole, and the ball heading into IICC's net.
Goldenera94
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Oloye, where are you abeg? I hereby sue Toxic at your court. Abeg give me justice. Here am I about to kickstart my weekend and this man goes and dregs up real pain. Abeg give me justice. 12 cartons of Gulder against him, and I will be ready to negotiate peace.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

It was a very sad day for me. As a teenager, I cried after the game. We really missed Owoblow that day. Wakilu’s missed penalty was the last straw for me.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Goldleaf wrote:Horrible memories.
1984 was meant to be.

[/video]

[/video]
Interesting, I met Gamal here at a Saab dealership here at my neck of the wood in Northwest US about 8 years ago and the first thing he remembered when he heard I am a Nigerian was this match.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

did that IICC goalie moonlight as a clown
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

One of my happiest day and till today I adore the Emmanuel the Ghanaian genius that tormented sooting on that Happy day. :thumbs:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

furiously frank wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Horrible memories.
1984 was meant to be.

[/video]

[/video]
Interesting, I met Gamal here at a Saab dealership here at my neck of the wood in Northwest US about 8 years ago and the first thing he remembered when he heard I am a Nigerian was this match.
Whatever Raymond was thinking there can only be captured in one word 'Madness' , a moment of insanity. Your defender had the ball covered,he was in no danger and it was obvious he was going for the ball...why did he rush out again? :curse:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

jette1 wrote:did that IICC goalie moonlight as a clown
my thoughts too :?
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

zee wrote:One of my happiest day and till today I adore the Emmanuel the Ghanaian genius that tormented sooting on that Happy day. :thumbs:
:laugh: That was when the Radio Rivers 2 news in pidgin reporter said "the thing wey IICC take their eye see no be small thing"
http://www.naijiant.com/
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Terrible day. I cried profusely after the match. I actually believe they deliberately gave Owolabi the yellow card in Egypt so he can miss the second leg. Segun Odegbami was rushed back from injury because of Owolabi's absence. Its a bad day devil drink water. I can never forget that memory of Raymond King picking the ball from the net. Also the politics of other teams not wanting Shooting to be the first team to win the cup for Nigeria again is there with everybody working against them.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Polly wrote:Oloye, where are you abeg? I hereby sue Toxic at your court. Abeg give me justice. Here am I about to kickstart my weekend and this man goes and dregs up real pain. Abeg give me justice. 12 cartons of Gulder against him, and I will be ready to negotiate peace.
My brother i can feel your pains...watching Raymond with that kamikazee move ,brings back sadness even though i am noy a fan of Shooting.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

tunde72 wrote:Terrible day. I cried profusely after the match. I actually believe they deliberately gave Owolabi the yellow card in Egypt so he can miss the second leg. Segun Odegbami was rushed back from injury because of Owolabi's absence. Its a bad day devil drink water. I can never forget that memory of Raymond King picking the ball from the net. Also the politics of other teams not wanting Shooting to be the first team to win the cup for Nigeria again is there with everybody working against them.
Yes...it was a terrible day ! Everytime that I remember this game, my heart bleed.
Due to this game, I did not get the time to say "final goodbye" to my maternal grandmom who was lay to rest on this day. While I was at the funeral, my brother and I spent a great deal of the time during the final church service on our portal radio listening to the live commentaries of the match. We were outside in the van following the radio commentaries.

The painful loss on this day and the disbandment of the team the next day by Lt. Col Oladayo Popoola remain the worst moments of my football experience in my entire life. Denmark's "massacre" of SE in WC 1998 came next to these worst moments.
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

I was at the stadium that day. Had to get there by around 10am for 3pm kick-off. Naija always started games against North Africans at 3pm thinking it gave us an advantage. Kick-off was normally 4.45pm when playing sub-Saharan Africans. No buying tickets in advance in those days. If you didn’t get to the stadium early, the chances were that you wouldn’t get in. And then Ogbein gba wole!
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg
Re: 35 Years: IICC vs Zamalek- Where were you on Dec 8, 1984

Post by Toxicarrow »

What a day in the history of Oluyole Warriors :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Sam Agunsoye
Egg
Egg

Post by Sam Agunsoye »

Very sad day the 2nd leg, I was as the stadium.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

What about the 96 Champs league finals? 3sc are known as chokers
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

ogiso wrote:I was at the stadium that day. Had to get there by around 10am for 3pm kick-off. Naija always started games against North Africans at 3pm thinking it gave us an advantage. Kick-off was normally 4.45pm when playing sub-Saharan Africans. No buying tickets in advance in those days. If you didn’t get to the stadium early, the chances were that you wouldn’t get in. And then Ogbein gba wole!
U mean 2:00 pm kick off?