35 Years: IICC vs Zamalek- Where were you on Dec 8, 1984

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

azuka
Egg
Egg
Re: 35 Years: IICC vs Zamalek- Where were you on Dec 8, 1984

Post by azuka »

I was at the stadium. Till today I still ask myself why Odegbami who was limping started that match.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

azuka wrote:I was at the stadium. Till today I still ask myself why Odegbami who was limping started that match.
Had nothing to do with Odegbamo my brother, the whole game was played in the half on the Egyptians, Shooting was never, I repeat never in trouble in the entire 90 minutes bar the moment of madness that can be attributed to lack of action from Raymond in goal, who now decided to give himself something more interesting to do by making that mad dash. So relaxed was the defence that Ogbein too felt all he needed to do was to flick one of the numerous clearances by the Egyptians back to his keeper without even checking where he was. The rest is history being retold 35 years after, how Shooting crashed out.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

it feels like it was played in 1884..
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 33 Years: IICC vs Zamalek- Where were you on Dec 8, 1984

Post by theYemster »

walesvilla wrote:sort of remember this- days of Nigeria club football used to break ticketing and fans attendance records.
The Super Eagles on their best day probably can pull a fraction of that crowd today. :(
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
folem
Egg
Egg
Re: 33 Years: IICC vs Zamalek- Where were you on Dec 8, 1984

Post by folem »

theYemster wrote:
walesvilla wrote:sort of remember this- days of Nigeria club football used to break ticketing and fans attendance records.
The Super Eagles on their best day probably can pull a fraction of that crowd today. :(
Lol. In a country where records are not kept for all sorts of reasons. :mrgreen: