Personal Insults & Acceptable Forum Behaviour - Your View

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

CE Rules on Personal Insults...

Should not be allowed at all
42%
Should be allowed, with modifications to current rules
3%
Should remain as they are - anything goes
26%
Let's first define what a personal insult actually is
19%
It doesn't matter to me
11%

Total votes: 74

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Personal Insults & Acceptable Forum Behaviour - Your Vie

Post by ohenhen1 »

The forum rules are already clear. No need to make any more changes. It is the internet, personal insults will happen on the internet.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

ohenhen1 wrote:The forum rules are already clear. No need to make any more changes. It is the internet, personal insults will happen on the internet.
Well people's parents are insulted online. Why have we outlawed that then, based on your logic. Let us have a free for all then.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

aruako1 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The forum rules are already clear. No need to make any more changes. It is the internet, personal insults will happen on the internet.
Well people's parents are insulted online. Why have we outlawed that then, based on your logic. Let us have a free for all then.
That is not a personal insult. That is going too far. We don't want to over regulate this forum and create an environment where people are afraid to post. This is a multi ethnic and multi national forum. There is going to be heated discussion.

The forum rules are clear. There is no need to change anything.

sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

ohenhen1 wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
That is not a personal insult. That is going too far. We don't want to over regulate this forum and create an environment where people are afraid to post. This is a multi ethnic and multi national forum. There is going to be heated discussion.

It is a personal insult, but it is clear-cut to moderate. Commenting on somebody's parents rarely has anything to do with the topic.

However, saying that a member is acting the clown, being an id1ot, is naive, incompetent, illiterate...may all be relevant and discernible from the way they handle the topic being discussed.
There'll be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done..

https://voca.ro/1dk47QJEvGY2
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

sinequanon wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

It is a personal insult, but it is clear-cut to moderate. Commenting on somebody's parents rarely has anything to do with the topic.

However, saying that a member is acting the clown, being an id1ot, is naive, incompetent, illiterate...may all be relevant and discernible from the way they handle the topic being discussed.

Exactly no need to make any changes.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

aruako1 wrote:
Many people are already insulting their parents by going around hurling insults where simple communication is called for. The hypocrisy of banning those who confirm such insults makes me laugh.

How many here who hurl insults would be proud to have their kids see what they get to online? Strange same would be telling their kids to be well mannered and be polite....

There is yabbis and there is outright banal uncouth insult, let us learn to separate the two. If you want to be gangsta on insults,then allow parental insults, after all some of you being insulted here are parents and people being insulted are parents too....talk of hypocrisy. If you want to roll in the slime, then roll all the way!

Abeg my brother dont bother just leave the gangsta wannabees alone... :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd wrote:Looks like some folks can't take the heat and won't get out of the kitchen, what is personal insult? Very soon now you people will come with a rule where we can't abuse your favorite leader. Idle folks. :)
Which people are you referring to?
This is why you retook your WAEC five times.
Who you think say dey complain? :oops:
Snake why are you such a coward? :D Okay so you took WAEC only once and where did that lead you, a career in a prison hospital in Peckham. Olodo :lol:
....where I have access to your old psychiatric notes from back in the 90s before you were deported to Naija. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
seara
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by seara »

oloye wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Many people are already insulting their parents by going around hurling insults where simple communication is called for. The hypocrisy of banning those who confirm such insults makes me laugh.

How many here who hurl insults would be proud to have their kids see what they get to online? Strange same would be telling their kids to be well mannered and be polite....

There is yabbis and there is outright banal uncouth insult, let us learn to separate the two. If you want to be gangsta on insults,then allow parental insults, after all some of you being insulted here are parents and people being insulted are parents too....talk of hypocrisy. If you want to roll in the slime, then roll all the way!

Abeg my brother dont bother just leave the gangsta wannabees alone... :lol:
:thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Don't take us too serious, we're here to Rant and Rave. - otite
accidental on purpose - Cellular
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

DaMunkey, who is insulting you? Gerrard hia.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:If you go about in the public hurling insults at people it potrays something fundamentally wrong with the upbringing...no need crying about parental insults. If personal insults are allowed it is sheer hypocrisy claiming parental insults are not allowed.
I concur.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Those saying nothing should be done should go to Ghanaweb. When the insult started nothing was done. Sooner or later people will get tired of the rubbish they read and contribute less and later withdraw visiting the site.

There are provocateurs who continue to insult or question others ability for "critical thinking" as if only their opinion matters, theirs.

I have resolved to return fire for fire because years of ignoring people only encourage them to continue. That is the slippery slope that will eventually consume this site unless the mods step up and start policing the rules.
If mods cannot call someone to order then they have no moral authority to expect the insulted to sit there and take it like he's not flesh and blood
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

pajimoh wrote:Those saying nothing should be done should go to Ghanaweb. When the insult started nothing was done. Sooner or later people will get tired of the rubbish they read and contribute less and later withdraw visiting the site.

There are provocateurs who continue to insult or question others ability for "critical thinking" as if only their opinion matters, theirs.

I have resolved to return fire for fire because years of ignoring people only encourage them to continue. That is the slippery slope that will eventually consume this site unless the mods step up and start policing the rules.
If mods cannot call someone to order then they have no moral authority to expect the insulted to sit there and take it like he's not flesh and blood
Thank you. We are not talking about the usual friendly jibes (we have seen some on this thread). We have a thread about Isaac Success that has so many disgusting insults. And this is on EN, the public face of CE. With the increase of non-member traffic to EN during the world cup season is that what we want to portray? I am sure that is not the case otherwise we would not have banned words like 1diot, four one nine etc. You do not need insults to make a forum interesting. The danger is those who go from these to thread disrupting discussions with insults while adding nothing else.
seara
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by seara »

aruako1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Those saying nothing should be done should go to Ghanaweb. When the insult started nothing was done. Sooner or later people will get tired of the rubbish they read and contribute less and later withdraw visiting the site.

Thank you. We are not talking about the usual friendly jibes (we have seen some on this thread). We have a thread about Isaac Success that has so many disgusting insults. And this is on EN, the public face of CE. With the increase of non-member traffic to EN during the world cup season is that what we want to portray? I am sure that is not the case otherwise we would not have banned words like 1diot, four one nine etc. You do not need insults to make a forum interesting. The danger is those who go from these to thread disrupting discussions with insults while adding nothing else.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Don't take us too serious, we're here to Rant and Rave. - otite
accidental on purpose - Cellular
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

oloye wrote: Many people are already insulting their parents by going around hurling insults where simple communication is called for. The hypocrisy of banning those who confirm such insults makes me laugh.
What I see here is our parents being offended by how we young ones talk as we normally do amongst ourselves. This is like an adult going to a teenage club and complaining that all they play is rap music.

Instead of people like you, CIC, Yemiibrassiere, Ratclit, Ohsee and even DaMunkey getting upset with how we talk, why don't you all create another forum where you can discuss in matured manner and leave us young ones alone? Geez!

This is another free advice
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

1naija wrote:
oloye wrote: Many people are already insulting their parents by going around hurling insults where simple communication is called for. The hypocrisy of banning those who confirm such insults makes me laugh.
What I see here is our parents being offended by how we young ones talk as we normally do amongst ourselves. This is like an adult going to a teenage club and complaining that all they play is rap music.

Instead of people like you, CIC, Yemiibrassiere, Ratclit, Ohsee and even DaMunkey getting upset with how we talk, why don't you all create another forum where you can discuss in matured manner and leave us young ones alone? Geez!

This is another free advice
Are the young ones joining CE? Where are they? If you 'feel' young go and join Snapchat. :D
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Hi all
Abeg, if you have a view (or even don't), kindly register it in the poll.
It is important we get as accurate a representative view as possible.
Tenks :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

There are provocateurs who continue to insult or question others ability for "critical thinking" <------- :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: as if only their opinion matters, theirs.

Here..

IMPULSE CONTROL

[/video]

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Most guys here are okay. Sure some lose it, but it's not a pattern. Certainly not as bad as Nairaland or Ghanaweb.

However there are a few forumers that are just over the top. It's impossible for them to disagree with you without resorting to name-calling. I know them and try not to engage them in any form of discussion. It's not that I can't give it back, just that I try to avoid too much negativity when I can. When you think about it, it's ridiculous spending hours exchanging insults with a stranger online. You never know, the guy could be a complete nut-job and there you are wasting your time. I was shocked to hear that people threaten each other and abuse with private messages as well. I have had a few people that have disagreed with me pm me, but they were never disrespectful.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

airwolex wrote:Most guys here are okay. Sure some lose it, but it's not a pattern. Certainly not as bad as Nairaland or Ghanaweb.

However there are a few forumers that are just over the top. It's impossible for them to disagree with you without resorting to name-calling. I know them and try not to engage them in any form of discussion. It's not that I can't give it back, just that I try to avoid too much negativity when I can. When you think about it, it's ridiculous spending hours exchanging insults with a stranger online. You never know, the guy could be a complete nut-job and there you are wasting your time. I was shocked to hear that people threaten each other and abuse with private messages as well. I have had a few people that have disagreed with me pm me, but they were never disrespectful.
Thank you sir!
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

airwolex wrote:Most guys here are okay. Sure some lose it, but it's not a pattern. Certainly not as bad as Nairaland or Ghanaweb.

But, in addition to the gratuitous insults you refer to, there are ALSO those who lie, blatantly, usually after having made an innocent mistake which they find too emotionally difficult to correct. :lol:

Then they start whining when they are called a liar. Their next stunt is that somebody is "hurling insults at them because that person doesn't agree with them (and their lie!!)."

That is why I think a lot of this is about getting a backbone. It is easier to get that backbone if you debate honestly. You don't dig yourself into an increasingly embarrassing hole.

As they stand, the rules support people finding that backbone, and not behaving with jellyfish emotion. Some of us have learned to develop that backbone. Let us not undervalue the way we achieved that.

asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Most people who post on this site, start of being respectful, but they watch others attack their ethnicity or region, and nothing is done. Soon, they will return fire. We have a forumer, who constantly post anti-Niger delta and anti -Eastern region comments. He has not been called out. Once there is a respond against Western region; he and his people will report you.

Why conduct a poll - it quiet obvious that some dish out, but cry like babies when they get a response. This is pretense to enforce another stupid one sided rule.

Last edited by asabatex on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

I appreciate its hard to define what constitutes personal insults
But the truth is we all recognise it when we see it
The problem is people do not call it out when it does not involve them

Oloye for example I can tell you feel strongly about this
But I've never seen you condemn zee who hurls more unprovoked personal insults here than any other forumer
We can't be Selective in our condemnation of this sort of behaviour if we're serious about stamping it out
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

smartbrother wrote:I appreciate its hard to define what constitutes personal insults
But the truth is we all recognise it when we see it
The problem is people do not call it out when it does not involve them

Oloye for example I can tell you feel strongly about this
But I've never seen you condemn zee who hurls more unprovoked personal insults here than any other forumer
We can't be Selective in our condemnation of this sort of behaviour if we're serious about stamping it out
OK, then. Please answer..

Have you insulted Oloye? Have you "hurled" an insult at Oloye?

Have you insulted zee? Have you "hurled" an insult at zee?

(Notice how so many people talk about insults in an unmeasured way as being "hurled").